ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa delay - 43 days

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uni_guy
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Visa delay - 43 days

Post by uni_guy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 am

manorana2009 wrote:I got mine yesterday.

As per visa date, decision was made on 8th June and got yesterday only.
Thanks
Congratulations ,memebers please do post as and when you receive a passport /email from UKVI

Had there been case/s where no mail was received from UKVI/VAC and still the Visa arrived?

Is it worth visting VAC (VAC New Delhi) ?

manorana2009
United Kingdom

Post by manorana2009 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 am

uni_guy wrote:
manorana2009 wrote:I got mine yesterday.

As per visa date, decision was made on 8th June and got yesterday only.
Thanks
Congratulations ,memebers please do post as and when you receive a passport /email from UKVI

Had there been case/s where no mail was received from UKVI/VAC and still the Visa arrived?

Is it worth visting VAC (VAC New Delhi) ?
I had got my passport yesterday but there was no email from VAC only text message.

I do not think it is worth to visit VAC.

Have you tried the beta visa service to know the status of visa?
Thanks

gauravbatra

Post by gauravbatra » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks guys.
I did not opt for priority service, it was a standard one.

Its not worth to visit VAC if you did not get any message or email from there because they will seny you when your passport will be ready for collection

In my case decision was made on 12 May but I got passport on 12th June so after 1 month exact.

I opted for message service from VAC but I did not get any message for passport collection. First I got a call and then email .

balajichitiraivel
Newly Registered

Post by balajichitiraivel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:27 pm

gauravbatra wrote:Thanks guys.
I did not opt for priority service, it was a standard one.

Its not worth to visit VAC if you did not get any message or email from there because they will seny you when your passport will be ready for collection

In my case decision was made on 12 May but I got passport on 12th June so after 1 month exact.

I opted for message service from VAC but I did not get any message for passport collection. First I got a call and then email .

Hi Gaurav,

Congrats. In which dates they mentioned to travel??

Priyankar
Newly Registered

Post by Priyankar » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 am

wishiwereabird wrote:this is a trial beta service from ukvi to check status of applications

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
can we use this to find out applications made outside UK? Because none of my reference numbers work.

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Post by wishiwereabird » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:04 am

It works with my GFW reference number for my application from outside the UK.

It's supposed to be used for applications inside the UK though.

koko88

Post by koko88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:26 am

wishiwereabird wrote:It works with my GFW reference number for my application from outside the UK.

It's supposed to be used for applications inside the UK though.
This link does not work with my GWF ref number.
This link says could not recognize the number. Any comments?

koko88

Post by koko88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Miracle!!! :D the link worked for me at very late night. And that showed DECIDED, the status was changed on 12th June.
I have not received any email or text message yet. Waiting for my passport.

Priyankar
Newly Registered

Post by Priyankar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:58 am

kumar114 wrote:Anyone here has went through 'priority service' and still waiting or has received VISA?
Even though my applicaiotn status says 'Decided', I haven't received any emails or a call...
I have gone through priority service. I called up the enquiry service yesterday (14/06), they said it is still pending. Yesterday the link started working for me and that shows Application Status "Decided" on 12/06. Obviously the enquiry service is properly useless we can safely establish that. Just a means to earn money.

So now lets see how long it takes for the visa to arrive. @koko I applied from Kolkata as well and our applications have same decision date so please let me know if you get your visa and I will do the same.

koko88

Post by koko88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 am

Priyankar wrote:
kumar114 wrote:Anyone here has went through 'priority service' and still waiting or has received VISA?
Even though my applicaiotn status says 'Decided', I haven't received any emails or a call...
I have gone through priority service. I called up the enquiry service yesterday (14/06), they said it is still pending. Yesterday the link started working for me and that shows Application Status "Decided" on 12/06. Obviously the enquiry service is properly useless we can safely establish that. Just a means to earn money.

So now lets see how long it takes for the visa to arrive. @koko I applied from Kolkata as well and our applications have same decision date so please let me know if you get your visa and I will do the same.
@Priyanka- Yes, I will let you know and you too please.

kumar114
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kumar114 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi all,
So after a long wait, my wife just informed me that her tier 2 dependant VISA has been refused.
Reason was 'Not provding any addtional documents which shows that the marirage is subsisting'
I did not sent any photographs or chat scripts because i applied through solitor and was told that it wasn't necessary. :(
Now i am re-applying with some photographs and chat scripts.
By the way, do i have to pay IHS again?

kind regards
Kumar

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Post by wishiwereabird » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:23 pm

kumar114 wrote:Hi all,
So after a long wait, my wife just informed me that her tier 2 dependant VISA has been refused.
Reason was 'Not provding any addtional documents which shows that the marirage is subsisting'
I did not sent any photographs or chat scripts because i applied through solitor and was told that it wasn't necessary. :(
Now i am re-applying with some photographs and chat scripts.
By the way, do i have to pay IHS again?

kind regards
Kumar
Sorry to hear... IHS can be refunded if the application was not successful (check visa4uk whether you need to apply for a refund or if it's automitcally refunded)

My passport has just been returned to me. I'll find out my result soon. Fingers crossed!

koko88

Post by koko88 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 am

Hi All,
After 9 months waiting and providing English language UKNARIC certificate my visa has been refused stating you need to provide an English language certificate that can be verified using the IELTS SELTconsortium online system. I am cluless !!!!

uni_guy
Newly Registered
India

Post by uni_guy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Got the visa today , applied on 24th May (VFS DELHI)

Visa received 5 days after the VISA decision date (13th June)

terimarijugo
Newly Registered

Post by terimarijugo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Dainty26 wrote:I have the same situation. Im from the Philippines and had my biometrics last April 21 at the VFS Manila and even paid for a priority service. Until now, I am still waiting for my passport and visa. I also applied for Tier 2 - General migrant worker. It's frustrating that we don't even what's really happening and the updates arent really up to date and answers to enquiries arent really helpful. Anyways, let's just keep on praying it will arrive soon.
Hi! I am also from the Philippines applying for a tier 2 general visa. Did you got a decision already? As for me, I had my biometrics in VFS Cebu on May 30. Even paid for priority service. After 2 weeks, they emailed me that my application is not straightforward. That was the last email I received from VFS. I kept on emailing UKVI about the status of my application but they only replied that my visa is"...for consideration and waiting for approval". I was supposed to be in UK by June 23 but I am still here in Philippines waiting for their decision :cry:

terimarijugo
Newly Registered

Post by terimarijugo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Dainty26 wrote:I have the same situation. Im from the Philippines and had my biometrics last April 21 at the VFS Manila and even paid for a priority service. Until now, I am still waiting for my passport and visa. I also applied for Tier 2 - General migrant worker. It's frustrating that we don't even what's really happening and the updates arent really up to date and answers to enquiries arent really helpful. Anyways, let's just keep on praying it will arrive soon.
Hi! Have you received a decision already? Im in the same boat as you but appeared in VFS Cebu on May 30.

phnurse
Newly Registered

Post by phnurse » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 am

Have you tried going to VFS and just check for your passport? I received mine just after 3 working days from submitting them (on premium service,Tier 2 visa granted). Visa decision took up only 2 days actually plus one more day for them to send the passport to VFS.

Surprisingly, VFS sent me an email that they received my passport after 2 days I got it from them.

terimarijugo
Newly Registered

Post by terimarijugo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

phnurse wrote:Have you tried going to VFS and just check for your passport? I received mine just after 3 working days from submitting them (on premium service,Tier 2 visa granted). Visa decision took up only 2 days actually plus one more day for them to send the passport to VFS.

Surprisingly, VFS sent me an email that they received my passport after 2 days I got it from them.
Nope. Havent tried to go to VFS because I am still here in my hometown, Sultan Kudarat to be specific. Yours was fast! Lucky for you... 4 of us in the agency still have no update with our visas.

kram90
Newly Registered

Post by kram90 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:17 pm

I am in the same situation for Tier 2 General Dependent Visa Over 3 years. Visa Decision made on 18th June 2017. Still waiting for passport Collection.

It has been more than 20 working days after decision made.

Anyone is in the same situation???

UKtier2spp
Newly Registered

Post by UKtier2spp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm

I have applied my T2 General visa from June 1st, till now no reply, just spend lots of money on calling the Call centre no use at all, still counting....I submitted at VFS Chennai

terimarijugo
Newly Registered

Post by terimarijugo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:13 am

UKtier2spp wrote:I have applied my T2 General visa from June 1st, till now no reply, just spend lots of money on calling the Call centre no use at all, still counting....I submitted at VFS Chennai
I have same situation. I applied May30 under priority service. Still no update until now.

sach234
Newly Registered

Post by sach234 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:05 pm

kram90 wrote:I am in the same situation for Tier 2 General Dependent Visa Over 3 years. Visa Decision made on 18th June 2017. Still waiting for passport Collection.

It has been more than 20 working days after decision made.

Anyone is in the same situation???
Did you get your passport now ? Its been close to 10 working days for me but no update. Also I am currently in Spain and my visa for Spain expires soon. Anyone found a way to escalate and get back passport ?

kram90
Newly Registered

Post by kram90 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:41 pm

No still waiting for the passport.

chllz03

Post by chllz03 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:23 am

kram90 wrote:No still waiting for the passport.
Hi there. Oh my goodness. Im so sorry to hear about what youre currently experiencing. Yesterday was my 15th working day since my visa appearance at VFS Manila. So far havent received any feedback thru text or email. To be honest this whole waiting thing is driving me a little crazy.

terimarijugo
Newly Registered

Post by terimarijugo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:20 am

chllz03 wrote:
kram90 wrote:No still waiting for the passport.
Hi there. Oh my goodness. Im so sorry to hear about what youre currently experiencing. Yesterday was my 15th working day since my visa appearance at VFS Manila. So far havent received any feedback thru text or email. To be honest this whole waiting thing is driving me a little crazy.
Did you apply under priority service? Its already 2 months since my visa appearance under priority service. Still no update from VFS. I emailed UKVI like "a lot" of times already and they told me to just wait. This is killing me..