ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice on Schengen business visits

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coorgi

Urgent advice on Schengen business visits

Post by coorgi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi there.

I am an Indian national with UK spouse settlement visa(residence permit) living in UK married to a British Citizen. I have Schengen visa(Family member of EU/EEA citizen route) valid for the next three years with multiple entries.

I am about to take a new job with an IT consultancy which would require me to travel to Schengen countries frequently for short period (not more than the 90 days period)on business trips to meet our clients. Could you please advise if I can use my existing visa or do I need a new visa? if I can use my existing visa then are there any restrictions related to business visits?

What visa would I need otherwise if I can’t use my existing visa and what will I need to apply? Do I even need the blue card?

Looking forward to hearing back and would much appreciate any help that you can offer.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Urgent advice on Schengen business visits

Post by gokulatti » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Was it issued under directive 2004/38 (i.e was it free of charge)? or was it issued separately as a schengen visa to you with a 3 year validity due to you being a family member of eea national.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:22 pm

gokulatti wrote:Was it issued under directive 2004/38 (i.e was it free of charge)? or was it issued separately as a schengen visa to you with a 3 year validity due to you being a family member of eea national.
Sorry, I don't think I understand directive 2004/38. I didn't have to pay visa fee but had to pay a processing fee of GBP 20 something. I applied for this visa separately as a citizen of EEA national for tourism purpose.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm

you can read this europe-immigration-forum/schengen-visa- ... 35545.html should be helpful

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 am

gokulatti wrote:you can read this europe-immigration-forum/schengen-visa- ... 35545.html should be helpful
Thanks Gokulatti, I probably may not risk going alone with this visa but I may apply for an individual business visa. With business visa can I do IT consulting for short term? that is few days shorter than 90 days and can my company be paid for my service by the company in a Schengen area?

My employer is a start up and they don't know much about visas and they hinted that I may need blue card which they may not be able to sponsor.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 am

To work in Eu you need blue card. You cannot work on a business visit visa.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:27 am

ok thanks, but can I get blue card being employed in UK and being paid pounds? I will just be visiting EU countries for a period of a week or two at any given point of time.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:53 pm

You can attend business meetings and conferences using Schengen visa. You cannot get blue card for any other eu country if the company is not registered in that country.

in your case schengen visa is good option.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:49 am

Your business visa should be good enough for your consulting work as long as YOU personally don't get paid for the services directly. If your UK company pays you in part of your salary or allowance that is fine.