ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manike225
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Change of employer

Post by manike225 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:51 am

Hi,
Currently, I am in Tier 2 visa and applying to change my employer. My current Tier 2 visa was issued on 30 April 2015 and it is valid up until 15 May 2018.
My new employer issued a COS where job start date is from 1 August 2017 and end date is 31 July 2022. I have booked a premium service application and my appointment date is 5 July 2017.
I have just notice that total tier 2 stay can be maximum for 6 years but in my case 7 years 3 months (2 years 3 months has passed plus 5 years with the new employer) if the visa is granted. Will my visa application be successful or rejected because of this? What other options I have in this situation to recover the fees I paid to home office for Visa fees and Immigration  Health Charge? Should I request my employer to cancel the COS and reissue a new COS and reapply? Should I attend the premium service as with the current plan?
Will be thankful if you can help me. Email me at email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Change of employer

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:25 am

Kindly refrain from posting any form of personal contact information, this is not permitted on the forum. Suggest read the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manike225
Newly Registered

Post by manike225 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:36 am

Any response please for the above post.

Also, any one please explain me: iii. for the period of time you need to take your total stay in Tier 2 (discounting leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)) to 6 years (this is counted from the date you were first granted entry clearance or leave to remain). Please note that the 6 years is not broken by any gaps between your periods of leave.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:39 am

You cannot hold a tier 2 general visa for more than 6 years regardless of how many employers you have and you won't be granted one with your new sponsor for longer than 29 April 2021.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 am

manike225 wrote:Any response please for the above post.

Also, any one please explain me: iii. for the period of time you need to take your total stay in Tier 2 (discounting leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)) to 6 years (this is counted from the date you were first granted entry clearance or leave to remain). Please note that the 6 years is not broken by any gaps between your periods of leave.
The case worker might likely overlook the error and grant the visa but not longer than 29/04/2021.
You will only forfeit the IHS fee I guess.

If the case worker is not satisfied, he/she might reject the application. A number of people in this forum have had similar experience with different outcomes .
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

manike225
Newly Registered

Post by manike225 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Went to the Premium Service and had my bio metrics as normal then submitted general documents. I was called after 1.5 hours from the premium service to request my employer for writing a note in my COS (job advertisement period). Which was done and confirmed by case worker that she found the note and the note was fine but I was given a letter saying that I need to prove the cohabitation of my wife when we were called again. I immediately told that I did not know that I need to provide cohabitation documents. However, I found (NHS letter and utility bills) documents and provided those to the HO officer. We were been told to sit as HO officer was wanted to check those documents. While I was waiting I found more documents (I,e; bank statements, voter registration letter from council and tenancy agreement) and those were accepted happily. Finally, we (me & my wife) were called again and handed a letter by saying your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made in your case. While I was leaving I asked the case worker if she needs any further documentations but said no more documents are needed. (Note: my wife joined with me as a dependent in 2015 and she got her visa from outside UK).

Has anyone come up this kind of experience?

manike225
Newly Registered

Post by manike225 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:10 am

Any body here to share any experience regarding the above post please.

manike225
Newly Registered

Post by manike225 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:54 pm

On 10 July 2017 my prospective employer received letter from UKBA with standard questions like details of job description, contract of employment etc. Replied on the same day and posted using first class stamp. On 21 July 2017, got a call from UKBA & confirmed your application has been decided and you will receive you documents somewhere in next week. Any idea what can be the outcome? Please comments if anybody has come up same thing or has experience.

manike225
Newly Registered

Post by manike225 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:50 pm

Received my biometric card today.

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Post by tier1etier2g » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am

manike225 wrote:Received my biometric card today.
Could you please let me know where did you attend the premium service appointment.

manike225
Newly Registered

Post by manike225 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:37 pm

solihull premium service centre