ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife needs irish visa but what type ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dmax

wife needs irish visa but what type ?

Post by dmax » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:42 pm

thai national . from belfast

needs a visa to fly from dublin airport to bangkok in september to see family for 3 weeks stay.
she will return same way .

INIS have wrote to me saying she needs a visa but i do not know what type visa

also if wife applies for visa now will she get it back in time for flight on 3rd september ( 6 weeks away )

thankyou

dmax

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: wife needs irish visa but what type ?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm

What's her visa status?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dmax

Post by dmax » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:18 am

Wanderer wrote:What's her visa status?

her status is - she is in belfast uk on ILR . i am her eea spouse and will travel with her.

THANKYOU

dmax

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:04 am

Hi,

Before I became an Irish citizen my husband would apply for an Irish visa under the Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive). Basically if your wife's card does not say family member of a union citizen you will need to apply for a visa for her to go via dublin. You should be travelling with her.

Link for the details is: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

As you are the spouse this would be fee exempt under the rules so all you need to pay is the postage to London Embassy and a return special delivery envelope back to Belfast for your documents. If you email the embassy with questions they are very good at replying. In terms of timescales I got mine usually within 4 week so you would need to move fast.

This website is the starting point for the online application: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/

Good luck.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:36 pm

crisbella218 wrote:Hi,

Before I became an Irish citizen my husband would apply for an Irish visa under the Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive). Basically if your wife's card does not say family member of a union citizen you will need to apply for a visa for her to go via dublin. You should be travelling with her.

Link for the details is: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

As you are the spouse this would be fee exempt under the rules so all you need to pay is the postage to London Embassy and a return special delivery envelope back to Belfast for your documents. If you email the embassy with questions they are very good at replying. In terms of timescales I got mine usually within 4 week so you would need to move fast.

This website is the starting point for the online application: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/

Good luck.
I concur with all this.....

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:22 am

dmax wrote:
her status is - she is in belfast uk on ILR . i am her eea spouse and will travel with her.
THANKYOU
On the basis of previous statements, I believe Mrs dmax actually has permanent residence and holds a permanent residence certificate (PRC). As added complication is that dmax is a British-Irish dual national.

@Casa: A transit visa is the wrong document, for (a) Mrs dmax is Thai, and (b) she will be travelling by land between Belfast and Dublin.

Except for their own nationals, Schengen (by Schengen regulation) and apparently the the UK (but not admitted in the EEA Regulations) accept PRCs. Directive 2004/38/EC does not require a PRC to be accepted in lieu of a visa. A petition to change the directive was rejected on the ground that it was unnecessary for Schengen, as the Schengen states already accept them. I can't find the current Irish EEA regulation stating that an RC plus spouse is adequate; possibly Ireland does not obey that law.

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:59 am

Richard W wrote:
dmax wrote:
THANKYOU
On the basis of previous statements, I believe Mrs dmax actually has permanent residence and holds a permanent residence certificate (PRC). As added complication is that dmax is a British-Irish dual national.

@Casa: A transit visa is the wrong document, for (a) Mrs dmax is Thai, and (b) she will be travelling by land between Belfast and Dublin.

Except for their own nationals, Schengen (by Schengen regulation) and apparently the the UK (but not admitted in the EEA Regulations) accept PRCs. Directive 2004/38/EC does not require a PRC to be accepted in lieu of a visa. A petition to change the directive was rejected on the ground that it was unnecessary for Schengen, as the Schengen states already accept them. I can't find the current Irish EEA regulation stating that an RC plus spouse is adequate; possibly Ireland does not obey that law.
The Gardi already informed my husband previously that unless the card says "family member of union citizen" you will require a visa. You could arrive at the border with your marriage certificate and argue with them to give you a visa. But as the visa is free better to just apply.

Failing that flying Belfast to London then onto Thailand would be the next option.

dmax

Post by dmax » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 am

crisbella218 wrote:
Richard W wrote:
dmax wrote:
THANKYOU

The Gardi already informed my husband previously that unless the card says "family member of union citizen" you will require a visa. You could arrive at the border with your marriage certificate and argue with them to give you a visa. But as the visa is free better to just apply.

Failing that flying Belfast to London then onto Thailand would be the next option.
thankyou but apply to where and for what type visa ?

dmax

dmax

Post by dmax » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:09 am

does wife need apply to irish embassy in london ?

irish consulate in dublin ?

and again please, what type of visa does she need for this short 3 week holiday ?

these visa reg are so difficult to understand , even some of the people in the know do not know.

anyway thanks again and hopefully someone can blunty straightforward give me a one sentence answer to my question

dmax

dmax

Post by dmax » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 am

Richard W wrote:
dmax wrote:
THANKYOU

hi
i have just seen this , please see below :

Who else can land in Ireland without a visa?
You do not need a visa to land in Ireland if:

You hold a valid travel document issued in accordance with Article 28 of the Geneva Convention
You hold either a valid residence card 4 EU FAM or a valid permanent residence card 4 EU FAM issued under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015
You are a family member of an EU citizen and you hold a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"

dmax

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:37 am

dmax wrote:does wife need apply to irish embassy in london ?

and again please, what type of visa does she need for this short 3 week holiday ?

these visa reg are so difficult to understand , even some of the people in the know do not know.

anyway thanks again and hopefully someone can blunty straightforward give me a one sentence answer to my question
Could you attach a pic of both sides of the card she has, with personal details pixeled out? That was we'll know for sure what leave she has.

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 am

dmax wrote:does wife need apply to irish embassy in london ?

That why I put this link in my original post: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/

So its for the Irish embassy in London. You apply for spouse of Eu citizen visa unless she is travelling by herself then you apply for visit visa. Spouse visa need marriage certificate, passports, household bill and confirmation of flights. Also an explanation note to say you are in NI so you will need the multiple visa to travel via the airport as since we are not in GB they take NI applications a bit easier cause of being close to the border. Normally they would look for hotels etc but living in NI you don't always stay and travel back across the border again.

Again the London Embassy email address is good and they reply back very quick if you have any questions.

Good Luck.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 pm

crisbella218 wrote:That why I put this link in my original post: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/

So its for the Irish embassy in London. You apply for spouse of Eu citizen visa unless she is travelling by herself then you apply for visit visa. Spouse visa need marriage certificate, passports, household bill and confirmation of flights. Also an explanation note to say you are in NI so you will need the multiple visa to travel via the airport as since we are not in GB they take NI applications a bit easier cause of being close to the border. Normally they would look for hotels etc but living in NI you don't always stay and travel back across the border again.

Again the London Embassy email address is good and they reply back very quick if you have any questions.
And of course there will be several questions to ask:
1) As a Surinder Singh case, how much does she pay?
2) Can she get multiple entry? Or will she also have to apply to Bangkok for the return journey?

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:33 am

Richard W wrote:
crisbella218 wrote:That why I put this link in my original post: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/

And of course there will be several questions to ask:
1) As a Surinder Singh case, how much does she pay?
2) Can she get multiple entry? Or will she also have to apply to Bangkok for the return journey?
This is not a Surinder Singh case, as all the OP wants is a visa for his wife to travel to Dublin airport to fly out.

The explanation note about living in NI and having to use the airport will allow the embassy to determine a multiple entry visa, this is what I requested in the past. My husband queried about the multiple entry visa as the on the application it states that a multiple entry will not be giving the first time. But that really applies to those in GB. If in NI they know that people would like to travel across the border a few times so will give a multiple entry if asked and explanation given.

dmax

Post by dmax » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:48 am

dear god such a simple question but a multitude of complex answers !!!

thanks anyway , i simple one line answer would have been great

dmax

dmax

a simple answer is required please

Post by dmax » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:54 am

wife is thai .
wife has ILR in UK for 10 years .
wife lives in belfast UK.
i am her husband , i am an eea national with both uk and irish passport.
i want to travel with my wife from belfast to dublin airport to get flight .
3 week holiday to thailand returning the same route.

is there a free visa she can get from INIS ?
if not free then what visa does she need to apply for ?

reason for posting is i still have not got a simple and accurate answer to this question from anyone on here previously. plus INIS have failed to reply to my emails that i sent weeks ago, they are backlogged it seems.

simple answer please. thankyou

dmax

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:17 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dmax

Post by dmax » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:30 am

of course she neeeds a visa ...but what type ...that is a simple question i think

dmax

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 am

dmax wrote:wife is thai .
wife has ILR in UK for 10 years .
wife lives in belfast UK.
i am her husband , i am an eea national with both uk and irish passport.
i want to travel with my wife from belfast to dublin airport to get flight .
3 week holiday to thailand returning the same route.

is there a free visa she can get from INIS ?
if not free then what visa does she need to apply for ?

reason for posting is i still have not got a simple and accurate answer to this question from anyone on here previously. plus INIS have failed to reply to my emails that i sent weeks ago, they are backlogged it seems.

simple answer please. thankyou
I said in my previous few posts you need a visa as the SPOUSE OF AN EU CITIZEN. I told you to email the IRISH EMBASSY in LONDON not INIS....

I give you a website link to the INIS for the details of a SPOUSE of AN EU CITIZEN VISA here it is again: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

I also give you the link to the IRISH EMBASSY in LONDON.... not INIS... here is the link once again: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great- ... r-ireland/ you go here and do the online form. I also mentioned all the documents you required for a SPOUSE OF AN EU CITIZEN Visa for your convenience.

I said its fee exempt.

So why are you complaining you don't have an "accurate" answer. I'm giving you as much information from my past experience but you don't seem to be taking it in. I also stated that since your in NI you should give a cover letter so you can get multiple entry visa?

Also I told you it takes up to 4 weeks in my first post. So if her trip is in September and nearly 2 weeks after you started this thread you still haven't got the visa application sent off you would be safer changing flights now to a later one or travel through London.

If you don't think this is accurate then stop posting on here and call/email the IRISH EMBASSY in LONDON and ask them, however they will tell you the same information.

dmax

Post by dmax » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 am

thankyou

sorry my fault for not looking through the info properly, ill mail irish embassy in london today

dmax

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 am

Please note the following from the Irish Embassy's website in London:

Please note, due to this office receiving a high volume of visa applications by post, postal applications are taking 4-5 WEEKS to finalise. Please take this into consideration if making travel plans in the near future as the visa office cannot expedite applications where applicants have flight bookings before their visa is due to be finalised.

Should a person have urgent travel plans, we would advise you to lodge your application in person (or a nominated person can lodge on your behalf) at our office in order to qualify for a seven working day turnaround.

So doing so by post will leave you unable to travel with your wife since you said your leaving on 3rd September. You should go in person in this case or ask them can they speed it up. Or you will as I have said previously have to rearrange your flights to later or flight from London.

Good luck.