ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Indefinate leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juswale
Newly Registered

Advice on Indefinate leave to remain

Post by juswale » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello all, can someone please tell me, if travelling outside the UK frequently could negetively affect application for ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on Indefinate leave to remain

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 am

It deoends on what visa category you hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 am

And on the total amount of absence from the UK. And the route you plan to apply under (PBS, PBS dependent, spouse, Long Residence). Each route has a limit on the total amount of absences from the UK.

Work-related and personal absences are counted together and there is no exception for work-related absences.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

juswale
Newly Registered

Post by juswale » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:31 am

Hello, i applied for ILR in 2011 using the 14 yr rule but unfortunately i was only granted a 2 yrs limited stay due to a driving conviction i had previously. but by time i was due the renew my ILR application, i had another Driving conviction, hence i was granted another 2.5 years so that i can complete my rehabilitation period, which has now been spent. since then, no more convictions and i have now kept a clean record.
On what bases can I apply for my ILR, bearing in mind that i've now been in the country for over 20yrs and with a son who is a British citizen.
Please advice on what to do and not to do.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:24 am

The 14 year rule for ILR has gone and the replacement 20 year rule only leads to FLR(FP), not ILR. So, the rules have tightened considerably from when you applied earlier.

Give us your entire immigration history, from when you first arrived in the UK, all your visa extensions and under which category they were issued and your absences from the UK for us to guide you further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

juswale
Newly Registered

Post by juswale » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:07 pm

I applied for ILR after spending 14 years in the UK in 2011. But due to a driving conviction, i was refused Ilr but awarded a lesser stay of 2 yrs outside the normal immigration rule so as to allow time for rehabilitation in 2012. In 2013 i had another driving conviction, so when I applied, i was granted another 2 yrs limited leave to remain outside immigration rule.
Now the 2 years will be up very soon and i dont know what to apply for. Could i still get my ILR outside immigration rule or not?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:18 pm

secret.simon wrote:Give us your entire immigration history, from when you first arrived in the UK, all your visa extensions and under which category they were issued and your absences from the UK for us to guide you further.