ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ymj
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by ymj » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

ymj wrote:Hi all,
if you fail to obtain a permanent residence card, will the home office grant you a residence card instead? I ask this because: my current RC will expire soon, I believe I am qualified for the PR; however, what if I fail? It will take sometime to dispute or apply for a RC. This can put me in a risk of losing my job. So if the home office will grant me a RC, that will be convenient. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
I also found one sentence on the uk government website concerning RC:
"The qualified person can include you if they apply online for permanent residence"

This means the home office considers both RC and PR for the applicants?

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 am

ymj wrote:
if you fail to obtain a permanent residence card, will the home office grant you a residence card instead? I ask this because: my current RC will expire soon, I believe I am qualified for the PR; however, what if I fail? It will take sometime to dispute or apply for a RC. This can put me in a risk of losing my job. So if the home office will grant me a RC, that will be convenient. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
"The qualified person can include you if they apply online for permanent residence"

My experience is the Residence Card is issued first with a validity of 5 years. After that you have to apply for Permanent Residence. I dont imagine they would be renewing or reissuing residence cards yearly. That would annul the permanent residence card. Im not sure this is just an opinion. But yes I was told residence card has to be converted to Permanent residence card after 5 yrs

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:27 pm

ymj wrote:

I have not known HO to issue RCs when PR application has been made. If you are not confident of your PR app being successful or don't have enough evidence to prove 5 years of continuous residence and exercising treaty right of the qualified person/sponsor i.e. EEA national, then apply for EEA FM RC. When you do have total continuous 5 years of evidence, then you can apply for PR. Best way to go, I think.
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

Christine001
Newly Registered

Post by Christine001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi All,

My timeline:

Online application for EEA PR as a qualified person.

Application submitted: 05/05/2017
Money taken: 05/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received: 08/05/2017
Documents sent: 12/05/2017
Documents received: 15/05/2017
Application status: Decided on 25/07/2017 (checked online)
Permanent residence card received: waiting

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:54 am

Non eea permanent residence processing
Documents sent on 9th may
HO receive on 10th
Payment taken on 11th
Email confirming ID on 29th June
Biometric letter received on 1st July (dated 29th June)
Biometric enrolled on 3rd July
COA with permission to work on 19th July (dated 16th July)
PR...........awaiting decision

arunarchery

Post by arunarchery » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:15 am

Crentsil03 wrote:Non eea permanent residence processing
Documents sent on 9th may
HO receive on 10th
Payment taken on 11th
Email confirming ID on 29th June
Biometric letter received on 1st July (dated 29th June)
Biometric enrolled on 3rd July
COA with permission to work on 19th July (dated 16th July)
PR...........awaiting decision

I had apply 8 March I done everything just awaiting decision

ymj
Newly Registered

Post by ymj » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 am

k7bs wrote:
ymj wrote:

I have not known HO to issue RCs when PR application has been made. If you are not confident of your PR app being successful or don't have enough evidence to prove 5 years of continuous residence and exercising treaty right of the qualified person/sponsor i.e. EEA national, then apply for EEA FM RC. When you do have total continuous 5 years of evidence, then you can apply for PR. Best way to go, I think.
Hi all,
Thanks for the response. I am not confident in HO after reading the posts here that it takes so much time (6 months) to approve a PR. Another important issue is UK government will not recognize the PR after Brexit. Why many still apply for PR now?

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 am

ymj wrote:
k7bs wrote:
ymj wrote:
ymj wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks for the response. I am not confident in HO after reading the posts here that it takes so much time (6 months) to approve a PR. Another important issue is UK government will not recognize the PR after Brexit. Why many still apply for PR now?

For non-EEA family members, like myself and many others here, applying for a PR is a natural step after our 5-year RC expires, as we still require some sort of proof that we still legally residing in the country in order to accept or continue to work, exit and re-entry the country, etc. Even though the legislation clearly states that we are not obliged to hold such documents, it makes our lives in this country a lot easier.

On top of that, currently, being in possession of a PR card is still a requirement for those wishing to apply for British citizenship and for those who can't or don't want to become BCs, the government has announced that the process for the new 'settled status' will be "as streamlined and user-friendly as possible for all individuals, including those who already hold a permanent residence document under current free movement rules"., as you can read here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/status-of-e ... ed-to-know

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:45 am

[quote="vilsonrjunior"][quote="ymj"][quote="k7bs"][quote="ymj"][quote="ymj"]

The facts are different from what you mention. There is no diffeernce if you have the PR certificate or no. Its only for people who want to apply for British nationality. Getting a job etc still does not require any more document other than your passport. The belief is that it will be easier to obtain settled status with PR. Having pr cert does not prove you have been living and working in the UK.

ymj
Newly Registered

Post by ymj » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:13 am

ajitk1 wrote:
vilsonrjunior wrote: The facts are different from what you mention. There is no diffeernce if you have the PR certificate or no. Its only for people who want to apply for British nationality. Getting a job etc still does not require any more document other than your passport. The belief is that it will be easier to obtain settled status with PR. Having pr cert does not prove you have been living and working in the UK.
[/quote][/quote]

That's right. If you are not interested in a British nationality, before brexit, an RC gives the same rights as a PR. After Brexit, PR will be replaced by the settled status (depending on the negotiation results). Therefore, I tend to think a RC is sufficient to protect our rights in the next 5 years.
The key issue actually is not if we can get a PR but if the court of justice will be there to protect the EEA nationals and their family members.

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:52 pm

ajitk1 wrote:The facts are different from what you mention. There is no diffeernce if you have the PR certificate or no. Its only for people who want to apply for British nationality. Getting a job etc still does not require any more document other than your passport. The belief is that it will be easier to obtain settled status with PR. Having pr cert does not prove you have been living and working in the UK.
I don't think you read my message properly, ajitk1. If you read my post again, you will see that I have started by saying "For non-EEA family members", therefore everything else that was said after that applies to the aforementioned group of people.

Of course, if you hold an EEA passport can easily prove your status here to employers and immigration officers simply by showing your identification document. However, if you hold a non-EEA passport it would be virtually impossible to prove that you are legally entitled to accept job offers, etc etc if you don't have some sort of documentation, even if the current legislation does not require either EEA and non-EEA family members to apply to such documents.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:36 pm

vilsonrjunior wrote:
ajitk1 wrote:The facts are different from what you mention. There is no diffeernce if you have the PR certificate or no. Its only for people who want to apply for British nationality. Getting a job etc still does not require any more document other than your passport. The belief is that it will be easier to obtain settled status with PR. Having pr cert does not prove you have been living and working in the UK.
I don't think you read my message properly, ajitk1. If you read my post again, you will see that I have started by saying "For non-EEA family members", therefore everything else that was said after that applies to the aforementioned group of people.

Of course, if you hold an EEA passport can easily prove your status here to employers and immigration officers simply by showing your identification document. However, if you hold a non-EEA passport it would be virtually impossible to prove that you are legally entitled to accept job offers, etc etc if you don't have some sort of documentation, even if the current legislation does not require either EEA and non-EEA family members to apply to such documents.
Yes vilsonjr u are right. I did not read the first phrase "for non eu family members".

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Christine001 wrote:Hi All,

My timeline:

Online application for EEA PR as a qualified person.

Application submitted: 05/05/2017
Money taken: 05/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received: 08/05/2017
Documents sent: 12/05/2017
Documents received: 15/05/2017
Application status: Decided on 25/07/2017 (checked online)
Permanent residence card received: waiting

As I have noted, I applied on 4.4.17 using royal mail and im still waiting. When you apply online and use the passport return service it takes more than a month less. So I advice people to spread the word around and get them apply online.

billy75
Newly Registered

Post by billy75 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:26 am

Application submitted 19 December 16
Received 20
Money out 22
Biometric & COA at the same time 9th January 17
With no right to work
Checked online application from mid May with HO Reference number and all it was saying not recognized
Contacted MP 23 JUNE &18 JULY.
Now checked online 27 July it says decided on 25 July

My question is what is the online application checker accurate because I have read a few post here and it doesn't seem to be accurate.just wondering.any ideas please from past experience.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:54 am

Hi

I sent a letter to the Home office regarding my BRP name as I sent email online they said they can't change and it's how it appears on passport can someone tell me please how long it may take for the Home office to reply to letters ???

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:11 pm

billy75 wrote:
Now checked online 27 July it says decided on 25 July

My question is what is the online application checker accurate because I have read a few post here and it doesn't seem to be accurate.just wondering.any ideas please from past experience.
Although its on a trial bases yet but most of the time it's accurate, hopefully you will have your documents along with PR within 10 working days. Best of luck :D

dijasu
Newly Registered

Post by dijasu » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:21 pm

9 weeks later still no biometric appointment letter.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:36 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:Hi

I sent a letter to the Home office regarding my BRP name as I sent email online they said they can't change and it's how it appears on passport can someone tell me please how long it may take for the Home office to reply to letters ???
So all along you have been asking a superfluous question!!!!!!
You have one name on your passport and albeit you have written a different version on the form, do you expect them to write your legal (as per passport) or the name you choose to be called??
Which planet have you come from?? For days incesssantly you have been asking how to change your name and now you say its the same as your passport but you have another name???

Do the math, they take sometimes months to return passports, do you think they will treat your query as urgent. If you want changes you need to send the document back with enough evidence to prove it was their mistake and not your imagination.
Nobody has experienced this kind of situation. People stop using this forum as soon as they get their certificate. So the only solution is either go to a solicitor who will be of no help or send your documents and be ready to wait for months to get the certificate using the name you desire./.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:17 pm

ajitk1 wrote:

So all along you have been asking a superfluous question!!!!!!
You have one name on your passport and albeit you have written a different version on the form, do you expect them to write your legal (as per passport) or the name you choose to be called??
Which planet have you come from?? For days incesssantly you have been asking how to change your name and now you say its the same as your passport but you have another name???

Do the math, they take sometimes months to return passports, do you think they will treat your query as urgent. If you want changes you need to send the document back with enough evidence to prove it was their mistake and not your imagination.
Nobody has experienced this kind of situation. People stop using this forum as soon as they get their certificate. So the only solution is either go to a solicitor who will be of no help or send your documents and be ready to wait for months to get the certificate using the name you desire./.

let me tell you now. In the Middle East countries it's how it appears on passport. In my passport it says for example; AA son of BB CC, which AA is my first name BB is my father's name and CC is my surname (our surname), so it shouldn't be written in my BRP card as AA BB CC, it doesn't make sense how can they put my father name as my middle name and the fact I don't have middle name too. Even in my residence card 5 years it was written as AA CC (first name and surname I DO NOT HAVE MIDDLENAME) and in everything my name is as AA CC and now I can't change it to AA BB CC. a sudden change in name is not something which will be take easy it is very arduous to suddenly change or add middle name which you don't have. As soon I received it I reported the error online and BRP department said it's nothing they can do about it and it's how it's on system. And now I have to write a letter to HO to explain the situation... atjik no need to talk in rude manner with me I am seeking for advice and don't say anything unless your try on someone's shoe..

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:55 pm

let me tell you now. In the Middle East countries it's how it appears on passport. In my passport it says for example; AA son of BB CC, which AA is my first name BB is my father's name and CC is my surname (our surname), so it shouldn't be written in my BRP card as AA BB CC, it doesn't make sense how can they put my father name as my middle name and the fact I don't have middle name too. Even in my residence card 5 years it was written as AA CC (first name and surname I DO NOT HAVE MIDDLENAME) and in everything my name is as AA CC and now I can't change it to AA BB CC. a sudden change in name is not something which will be take easy it is very arduous to suddenly change or add middle name which you don't have. As soon I received it I reported the error online and BRP department said it's nothing they can do about it and it's how it's on system. And now I have to write a letter to HO to explain the situation... atjik no need to talk in rude manner with me I am seeking for advice and don't say anything unless your try on someone's shoe..[/quote]

Though your argument may make sense, you did not explain that your father's name has been mentioned as your middle name. That is the error. You only kept repeating that your name is wrong in the certificate. In the middle east the middle name is the father's name with a bin BB. Now each country will have a different system. As your country has a system not compatible, you have to send a copy of the first residence card (original has been held back by them I presume). And write a statement mentioning all the details. Without documents nobody will process your requests. Hence you need to send copies of your passport which will show AA son of BB CC.
Obviously like most passports they do not have a separate column for Surname hence the confusion on the part of HO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Can you please stop posting your BRP error/non error questions in this topic which is about PR Processing time only, as you have already been asked to do more than once.

You got extensive advice in the topic below, no locked due to going around in circles.

Extremely Important BRP Name Error Please Help (click(

And you also started the topic linked below on Wednesday in the British Citizenship sub forum, again also receiving many responses.

Very Urgent Please Please Advice (Click)

Strongly suggest you read the forum rules about Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jabro211
Newly Registered

Post by Jabro211 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Hey,
I am not new to this forum I just quietly follow this forum. But some people really make me to post. My humble request to all those who are in really deep problems go to speak with a solicitors this forum is just a personal experience share.
And here is only about processing times not ur personal errors. Olease do not abuse this forum. Many thanks

arafailova
Newly Registered

Post by arafailova » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi, where can I track the status of the application online?
Thanks!

arunarchery

Post by arunarchery » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm

arafailova wrote:Hi, where can I track the status of the application online?
Thanks!

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:46 pm

ajitk1 wrote:let me tell you now. In the Middle East countries it's how it appears on passport. In my passport it says for example; AA son of BB CC, which AA is my first name BB is my father's name and CC is my surname (our surname), so it shouldn't be written in my BRP card as AA BB CC, it doesn't make sense how can they put my father name as my middle name and the fact I don't have middle name too. Even in my residence card 5 years it was written as AA CC (first name and surname I DO NOT HAVE MIDDLENAME) and in everything my name is as AA CC and now I can't change it to AA BB CC. a sudden change in name is not something which will be take easy it is very arduous to suddenly change or add middle name which you don't have. As soon I received it I reported the error online and BRP department said it's nothing they can do about it and it's how it's on system. And now I have to write a letter to HO to explain the situation... atjik no need to talk in rude manner with me I am seeking for advice and don't say anything unless your try on someone's shoe..

Though your argument may make sense, you did not explain that your father's name has been mentioned as your middle name. That is the error. You only kept repeating that your name is wrong in the certificate. In the middle east the middle name is the father's name with a bin BB. Now each country will have a different system. As your country has a system not compatible, you have to send a copy of the first residence card (original has been held back by them I presume). And write a statement mentioning all the details. Without documents nobody will process your requests. Hence you need to send copies of your passport which will show AA son of BB CC.
Obviously like most passports they do not have a separate column for Surname hence the confusion on the part of HO.[/quote]

Do you think it can take more time? Can this be my error or Home office error also will they change it ?