ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job title is slightly different in the CoS and R.L.M.T.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mammadj
Newly Registered

Job title is slightly different in the CoS and R.L.M.T.

Post by mammadj » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 am

Hi all,

Please help me, if you know the answer.

I have TIER2 visa currently and I am in the process of changing my employer. I will apply in the UK.

My potential employer conducted a R.L.M.T. and the job was posted on the job boards as: "Graduate Wealth Management Analyst".

After the R.L.M.T. was done, I was contacted by the employer and they told me that my application has been successful and I have been offered a job. In my written offer letter/contract - the job title is written as follows: "Graduate Analyst in Finance Department".

Currently the company is in the process of assigning a CoS for me and after initial conversation, they told me that my job title in the CoS will be the same as my contract/offer letter ("Graduate Analyst in Finance Department") or simply "Graduate Analyst".

I am slightly worried about the job title, as it is not exactly the same as the job title for R.L.M.T. process. I know that this is an important point and Home Office rejects applications, if they see that there is a mismatch between the job posted for R.L.M.T. & Job title written on the CoS.

I talked to my potential employer about this worrying point, and they told me that this is the standard procedure for them, and they only put the job title as "Graduate Analyst in X department" in the contract/CoS. They are aware that for R.L.M.T. process, a different job title was used, but they are telling me that this should not be a problem for the Home Office, as they expect that new Graduate Analysts join the company and work across multiple teams/divisions.

What would you advise me in this situation? Do you think this difference will cause problems?

Blattes

Re: Job title is slightly different in the CoS and R.L.M.T.

Post by Blattes » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:47 am

I am not an expert but I do not think this is a problem at all, you are just worrying for nothing. In the end it is the department you are working for.

mammadj
Newly Registered

Re: Job title is slightly different in the CoS and R.L.M.T.

Post by mammadj » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. I hope so.

Talked to the potential employer again and they are thinking of to change the job title and make it the same as the title used for R.L.M.T.

I would still appreciate, if an expert or someone who experienced this answered my question.