ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from ECUADOR - Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Acoronel
Newly Registered

Spouse visa from ECUADOR - Supporting Documents

Post by Acoronel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi I am in desperate need of advice with regards to where to send the supporting documents if we are applying from Ecuador.
A friend from Ghana mentioned that she as the sponsor sent the documents to Sheffield. I decided to call the phone number from the GOV website because each country is different. I mentioned my husband is from Ecuador. The lady on the phone went to check and she said yes as you are the sponsor you need to have the supporting documents and send them to Sheffield. With this confirmation I told my husband to send me our marriage certificate and translations by DHL. Then when I pressed submit on the application no where did it mention Sheffield, I decided to call back and this time a guy said no your husband should have all the supporting documents and then they may tell him to send it to Sheffield. I wrote a complaint because it is unfair that they are telling me two different things. I had to change the visa appointment because now I have to wait for the documents to arrive here in the UK only to send them back to him. I've tried searching everywhere on the internet where to send them to.

He did receive this email but I am unsure whether it is only for applicants from the States or whether it applies to us as well. Does anyone have any information on this that they could help me out with.

This is the email

Dear ********

Visa Application Reference Number - *******

The cost of your application is : $‎********

Supporting Documents – A guide to the documents required to support your visa application can be found by selecting your visa type at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration and following the link to documents you must provide.

Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.

VFS Guayaquil Visa Application Centre
Spain Visa Centre, Edificio Plaza Centre
Local No 2, Planta Baja, Av. Miguel H. Alcivar y Eleodoro
Arboleda (Esquina), Kennedy Norte
Guayaquil

If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

IMPORTANT – Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application which must be signed and dated and contain a bar code on the first page - if no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer.

The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Spouse visa from ECUADOR - Supporting Documents

Post by walker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:16 am

Acoronel wrote:Hi I am in desperate need of advice with regards to where to send the supporting documents if we are applying from Ecuador.
A friend from Ghana mentioned that she as the sponsor sent the documents to Sheffield. I decided to call the phone number from the GOV website because each country is different. I mentioned my husband is from Ecuador. The lady on the phone went to check and she said yes as you are the sponsor you need to have the supporting documents and send them to Sheffield. With this confirmation I told my husband to send me our marriage certificate and translations by DHL. Then when I pressed submit on the application no where did it mention Sheffield, I decided to call back and this time a guy said no your husband should have all the supporting documents and then they may tell him to send it to Sheffield. I wrote a complaint because it is unfair that they are telling me two different things. I had to change the visa appointment because now I have to wait for the documents to arrive here in the UK only to send them back to him. I've tried searching everywhere on the internet where to send them to.

He did receive this email but I am unsure whether it is only for applicants from the States or whether it applies to us as well. Does anyone have any information on this that they could help me out with.

This is the email

Dear ********

Visa Application Reference Number - *******

The cost of your application is : $‎********

Supporting Documents – A guide to the documents required to support your visa application can be found by selecting your visa type at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration and following the link to documents you must provide.

Next Steps–- You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.

VFS Guayaquil Visa Application Centre
Spain Visa Centre, Edificio Plaza Centre
Local No 2, Planta Baja, Av. Miguel H. Alcivar y Eleodoro
Arboleda (Esquina), Kennedy Norte
Guayaquil

If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

IMPORTANT – Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application which must be signed and dated and contain a bar code on the first page - if no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer.

The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.
From what I have been able find online, it would seem your husband should submit the application with supporting documents at the visa centre. Please see below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Ecuador/eng ... ction.html