ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - No Email Received

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vikas17
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - No Email Received

Post by Vikas17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi all
I don't know if it's right forum to ask this question
But as I'm new here I don't know how to start it.
If anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

I have applied for suppose visa
An my supporting document reached in Sheffield this Tuesday with signed delivery.

So far they UKIV dint not send any email regarding anything.
Wether they received the paper work or they started the process.
I'm bit confuse.
Isit normal that they don't contact you when they receive the supporting document. Or shall I call them to confirm with them?
It will be very helpful if anyone can help regarding.

Thanks

Vikas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - No Email Received

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm

You only sent it two days ago. Be patient. HO takes their time and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. They don't always send an email.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:02 pm

My documents were signed for at Sheffield on 19/07 but I have had no acknowledgement.

How long do they usually take to acknowledge the documents.

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Ours were received in Sheffield on May 24th, but they have never emailed to acknowledge, I think that's very common!

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm

[quote="b4r1786"]My documents were signed for at Sheffield on 19/07 but I have had no acknowledgement.

How long do they usually take to acknowledge the documents.[/quot

Hi

They don't acknowledge it ... I don't think so ... it's the courier service you take up .. if you track that probably they will inform you
When did you had your biometric?

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
b4r1786 wrote:My documents were signed for at Sheffield on 19/07 but I have had no acknowledgement.

Hi

They don't acknowledge it ... I don't think so ... it's the courier service you take up .. if you track that probably they will inform you
Hi

Biometrics were done on 13th July. The solicitor has assured me they have definitely received them but the tracking number he sent is not recognised by Royal Mail Tracking. So I can't be sure if they have despite his assurances.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:51 pm

b4r1786 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
b4r1786 wrote:My documents were signed for at Sheffield on 19/07 but I have had no acknowledgement.

Hi

Hi

Biometrics were done on 13th July. The solicitor has assured me they have definitely received them but the tracking number he sent is not recognised by Royal Mail Tracking. So I can't be sure if they have despite his assurances.

Really ?!? Coz we checked through Royal Mail only and yeah we got the confirmation the next morning only that the documents the next day only
So what do you think how soon we can expect visa ?! As in what is your solicitor suggesting

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 pm

My Solicitor is saying that according to his experience they are taking around 4 months at the moment. I think if you have applied for a visa which includes financial support from a 3rd Party then it may take longer due to the recent Supreme Court decision. However, I have heard of people getting visas within 3-6 weeks but these seem to be more an exception rather than a rule. I think it is more likely than not that you will get a response within 3-4 months.

My advice is to just try and forget about it. Worrying will not be good for you or your spouse. It will happen when it's meant to happen, no sooner and no later.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:20 pm

b4r1786 wrote:My Solicitor is saying that according to his experience they are taking around 4 months at the moment. I think if you have applied for a visa which includes financial support from a 3rd Party then it may take longer due to the recent Supreme Court decision. However, I have heard of people getting visas within 3-6 weeks but these seem to be more an exception rather than a rule. I think it is more likely than not that you will get a response within 3-4 months.

My advice is to just try and forget about it. Worrying will not be good for you or your spouse. It will happen when it's meant to happen, no sooner and no later.
I get your point ... but it's really difficult not to think about it ... guess 4 months was coz of the hold thing which people were getting ... I think somewhere between 2.5 -3 months time it should take ... 3/4 weeks use to be up till last year I guess ...
g
Hopefully we call get it on time ... soon !!

IM91
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by IM91 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm

When I sent mine there was no ackowledgment nor did my spouse recieve an emailing saying application is in process after submitting the biometrics. I did recieve my documents back after 2 weeks of posting. After that I was assured that they have recieved the application. I havent contacted the ukvi for an update as of yet as I still have a few weeks to go before 12 weeks are up. You just have to patient really.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:32 am

Vikas17 wrote:Hi all

An my supporting document reached in Sheffield this Tuesday with signed delivery.

I'm bit confuse.
Isit normal that they don't contact you when they receive the supporting document. Or shall I call them to confirm with them?

Thanks

Vikas
It could take 1 week to get email confirmation that they received your file

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:09 am

thekhan87 wrote:
Vikas17 wrote:Hi all

I'm bit confuse.

Thanks

Vikas
It could take 1 week to get email confirmation that they received your file

I haven't got any update of my application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Can members in this topic continue in their other topic about delays etc. We don't need two topics running with the same questions/statements etc. after the OPs question/topic has been hijacked by others.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... 4-560.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.