ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filipino To the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jackw40
Newly Registered

Filipino To the UK

Post by Jackw40 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:14 am

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so i do apologies if it i not.

I (UK) am currently living in Japan with my Filipino girlfriend who holds permanent residence here, we are looking to get married here in Japan within the next couple of months and plan to move back to my country, England. I am not entirely sure of the process and what she would need to be granted a visa. Could anybody please give me a idea of what we must do and what will happen?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Filipino To the UK

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:45 am

Jackw40 wrote:Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so i do apologies if it i not.

I (UK) am currently living in Japan with my Filipino girlfriend who holds permanent residence here, we are looking to get married here in Japan within the next couple of months and plan to move back to my country, England. I am not entirely sure of the process and what she would need to be granted a visa. Could anybody please give me a idea of what we must do and what will happen?
Quick summary, you (the sponsor) need to have earned £1550 a month for the past 6 months in uk or have savings of £62,500.

Tell us more about your situation employment/savings-wise and we can advise more...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Jackw40
Newly Registered

Post by Jackw40 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:53 am

Wanderer wrote:
Quick summary, you (the sponsor) need to have earned £1550 a month for the past 6 months in uk or have savings of £62,500.

Tell us more about your situation employment/savings-wise and we can advise more...
Would i have to been have earning £1550 a month in the past? or if i were to move to the UK? If i were to go back to the UK i could be in a job very easily and earning £1500 per month if that helps.

Savings wise, there is absolutely no way i can get £62,500.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Jackw40 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Would i have to been have earning £1550 a month in the past? or if i were to move to the UK? If i were to go back to the UK i could be in a job very easily and earning £1500 per month if that helps.

Savings wise, there is absolutely no way i can get £62,500.

There are different ways of meeting the financial requirement. One way is to have a job in the UK for the previous 6 months earning £1550 before tax.

A different way of meeting the requirement is to have £62,500 in savings.

Yet another way is to have earned £18600 (equivalent) in the last 12 months AND have a UK job offer to start within 3 months of your arrival back in the UK earning above that same amount.

All of the different ways of meeting the financial requirements are in this doc:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Only you can meet the financial requirements through earnings - your partner's income cannot be considered. Their savings could be added to your own to meet the savings way.

A place for you to start:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa