ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last 5 Yeaar address for AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surabhi

Last 5 Yeaar address for AN

Post by surabhi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 am

Hi,
I just came across the question of last 5 year UK address , in application from AN.
a)If the stay was not continous in certain year, what should I write in the the end date?
b)Are they really looking for continuation in one address to the other?
c) I should give my overseas address also, to give continuity in address?
or just give UK address with exact start and end dates, by ignoring gaps?

Any answer appreciated.

thanks
Surabhi

Indguru90

Re: Last 5 Yeaar address for AN

Post by Indguru90 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:29 am

Your address history helps the decision maker trace back your physical residence and prolonged overseas stays so you should provide a seamless chronology of residences (which admittedly can be painful in some cases, particularly for some students who moved every term).
surabhi wrote:Hi,
a)If the stay was not continous in certain year, what should I write in the the end date? Take a reasonable approach. If for example you lived in Place A for a month, then place B for another month,
place C for a week, back to place B for two weeks, it may not make much sense to be this pedantic. If you had one more or less fixed abode, use that and give as the end date the date you finally moved out. Try to align your addresses with the address on your HRMC file/driving licence/bank statements.

b)Are they really looking for continuation in one address to the other? Yes but there won't be a big drama if there is some lack of continuity.
c) I should give my overseas address also, to give continuity in address? Yes, overseas too.
Make sure you don't give an overseas address for any period you haven't declared as an absence - otherwise,
that's sure to be a red flag.

or just give UK address with exact start and end dates, by ignoring gaps?

Any answer appreciated.

thanks
Surabhi