ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NARIC certificate/ accreditation still valid?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matt1020
Mood:
United Kingdom

Is NARIC certificate/ accreditation still valid?

Post by matt1020 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Dear Forum,

I am British and the sponsor for my wife, who is non-EU citizen. We moved to the UK in December 2014, so we're currently halfway through the 5-year route and compiling evidence for an FLR(M) application next month.

My wife has an overseas degree which meets the English requirement CEFR C1, and we obtained an official NARIC certificate dated 7th January 2015 confirming this.

The section of the current Immigration Rules relating to Evidence of English Language Requirements states that any English language test needs to have been taken no more than than two years before the date of application. Does this mean that we will need to obtain a new certificate from NARIC (as our existing one is now more than two years old), or does a NARIC certificate effectively have no expiry date in terms of evidencing this requirement?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.