ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ajaiveer
Newly Registered

Query

Post by Ajaiveer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi,
I had my visa interview yesterday,it went pretty well,I am a seafarer and have applied for tier 4 visa to study at South Tyneside college for deck officer of watch / HNC nautical science.
I submitted all the documents including the CAS letter, my IELTS score is 7.5 overall.I was required to show 9135 pounds as my maintainence funds, I have shown around 13500 pounds,it's a joint account with my father.
My doubt is while submitting the supporting documents of evidence for issuance of CAS,they required photocopies of my CDC,turns out at a couple of places the photocopies were lighter than usual and you could not read the details very clearly.
Could this be the reason for my visa refusal or will they ask me to resubmit the photocopies again.
Please reply ,I am very tense right now and nobody seems to have an answer to this.
Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Query

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:50 am

Ajaiveer wrote:My doubt is while submitting the supporting documents of evidence for issuance of CAS,they required photocopies of my CDC,turns out at a couple of places the photocopies were lighter than usual and you could not read the details very clearly.
Could this be the reason for my visa refusal or will they ask me to resubmit the photocopies again.
Assuming they are photocopies of documents you are already providing, no.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ajaiveer
Newly Registered

Post by Ajaiveer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:03 am

No ..actually a CDC is a document that looks similar to a passport used by seafarers for joining vessels..nowadays we don't require to send original documents by post ..they scan everything at the vfs centre ..but only the documents that are of A4 size can scanned due to some limitations of their scanning machines ,as the CDC could not be scanned through their machines..so had to provide photocopies of personal details page and stamped pages which did not come out very well and a couple of details are not visible properly..could I be called for a second interview or asked to submit the particular copies again or will I be refused all together, everything else..all the documents as well as my interview was proper. The CDC is a supporting document to my CAS letter along with my IELTS score certificate.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 am

Ajaiveer wrote:..so had to provide photocopies of personal details page and stamped pages which did not come out very well and a couple of details are not visible properly..could I be called for a second interview or asked to submit the particular copies again or will I be refused all together, everything else..all the documents as well as my interview was proper
Ask the VFS centre!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ajaiveer
Newly Registered

Post by Ajaiveer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 am

I would have ,but there is no way to contact them. If anybody can help me as to how to get in touch with the vfs Chandigarh centre