ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my child receive any government financial support?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunshine0405
Newly Registered

Will my child receive any government financial support?

Post by sunshine0405 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi all,

I am from Vietnam and I have a 5 year old child from my previous marriage. I am now getting married to a British and thinking about bringing my child to UK with us. However I am a bit nervous about our financial situation so I would like to know whether my child would receive any government financial support or not?

Anyone who are in the similar situations and have experience/advices please help. I really appreciate!

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will my child receive any government financial support?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Does your British spouse meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa to sponsor you and the child?

Where is the child's other parent?

Do you have proof of sole responsibility?

What type of 'financial support' are you referring to or what do you mean exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

milspectees
United States of America

Re: Will my child receive any government financial support?

Post by milspectees » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:01 pm

When you are married, you can can easily bring your child on an dependents visa. You will be entitled to Child Benefit for your child.