ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upgrading Work Permit to Blue Card - Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

I3404
Newly Registered

Health Insurance - Work Permit for Germany

Post by I3404 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:48 am

Whilst filling out the application form to apply for work permit for Germany, I found one information that I still don't have, which is the health insurance number. I tried contacting some private health insurance companies I found online, they said that they cannot provide me with the health insurance because I will be earning more than 450 euro per month; therefore, I need to get it from a public company. I do not know anything about the health insurance system in Germany + I don't speak German.

Did anyone apply for this visa (employment visa)... How did you sorted it out? (I thought it will be taken automatically from my salary as part of the taxes)

Thanks.

waqasars

Re: Health Insurance - Work Permit for Germany

Post by waqasars » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:27 am

Are you applying while your stay in German or outside of Germany?

I3404
Newly Registered

Post by I3404 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:19 pm

waqasars wrote:Are you applying while your stay in German or outside of Germany?
Thanks for your reply. I am applying from the UK (but I am non-EU citizen), so outside Germany.

Update: The contract does not state anything about the health insurance; the salary is more than 58k (I read something about the salary is some websites, so I though this might make a difference); the employer told me he will get back to me about that, but my appointment is approaching and I still did not receive any response... So I have to make the decision myself.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 pm

For the visa purpose you need travel health insurance.It is very cheap or if you have NHS card you can also use that for temporary purpose. You can get this using the following link.

You need regular health insurance after your arrival in Germany. Normally employer gives the application for health insurance registration. But you can also do it.

You have to pay 14.6% of your salary and half will be paid by employer.

https://www.axa-schengen.com/en/axa-sch ... engen-visa.

I3404
Newly Registered

Post by I3404 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:11 am

waqasars wrote:For the visa purpose you need travel health insurance.It is very cheap or if you have NHS card you can also use that for temporary purpose. You can get this using the following link.

You need regular health insurance after your arrival in Germany. Normally employer gives the application for health insurance registration. But you can also do it.

You have to pay 14.6% of your salary and half will be paid by employer.

https://www.axa-schengen.com/en/axa-sch ... engen-visa.
Ok, thank you.

I3404
Newly Registered

Upgrading Work Permit to Blue Card - Germany

Post by I3404 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:49 pm

I was wondering whether it is possible to convert the work permit into Blue Card after the arrival at Germany.

I think I meet all the conditions to apply for Blue Card, but the reason I am choosing to apply for a work permit instead at this stage is because I thought it might be quicker. This is important for me now as the date to start working is approximately 3 weeks from the date of the appointment. The second reason is because there is no place in the residence permit application form where I can specify that I want to apply for a Blue Card.

In the link I provided for the Blue Card, there are two paragraphs. As far as I understand, if my annual gross earnings is at least 50,800 Euro p.a. (which is my case, this may gives indication to help me decide which is the quickest route), approval by the Federal Employment Agency is not required... otherwise it is required.

All I said is based on guessing as I could not find a lot of information about this issue online. I would be grateful if you can correct me if I am wrong in any of the points I mentioned.

PS. I am non-EU citizen applying at the German Embassy in London. Sorry for asking many questions lately, I hope this will be the last time.

Any contribution will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I3404
Newly Registered

Re: Upgrading Work Permit to Blue Card - Germany

Post by I3404 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Just find out that Blue Card = work permit for non-EU. Sorry for my non-sense question.