ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ish21

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ish21 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Welcome! My partner got the exact same email originally on May 18th, 13 days after he submitted docs & biometrics. Then again on Thursday - I think he received the duplicate because it was coming up to the 60 day mark and they were just reminding him that he won't get a decision within the usual service level times. We've pretty much given up hope of getting a decision until after the new rules come into play on August 10th. But even then they have to get through the 5k plus applications on hold, so probably more like September/October time. HO are a total disgrace treating people this way
Honestly its so stressfull i guess we have to be patient bcuz they dont care watever we say their just good at taking money from applicants

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:52 am

Ish21 wrote:We sent the online application on 10th may my husbands biometric was on 11th (pakistan,Mirpur) and he got an sms saying theyv received the application on 12th may but yesterday it was our 56th working day which usually some wer getting their decisions made but they sent my husband a not straightforward case email, i wonder how long their gna take now ...soo sad
My biometric date is the same as yours for my husbands application and the tracker changed to decision made on 25th July. This only started showing on 27th though so I still don't know what the outcome ia going to be.

Just waiting to be called to collect the passport

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:34 am

Did yu get an email saying case not straightforward??
This is what they sent my husband on friday...

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Im soo worried and scared dont know what to think

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:49 am

Ish21 wrote:Did yu get an email saying case not straightforward??

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Hi Ish21,

This is a standard email that is being sent to a lot of applicants. I have asked my lawyer about this and he has said there is nothing complicated about a case as they just need the see the pay, pay slips and accommodation, etc. He said they are just buying time by sending such applications as they have a hug backlog. Nothing to worry about. Just have to wait I guess. Hope you have good news soon as well as others who are also waiting

Hope this helps :)

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:17 am

cutiieepiie wrote:
Ish21 wrote:Did yu get an email saying case not straightforward??

Kind Regards,

Hi Ish21,

This is a standard email that is being sent to a lot of applicants. I have asked my lawyer about this and he has said there is nothing complicated about a case as they just need the see the pay, pay slips and accommodation, etc. He said they are just buying time by sending such applications as they have a hug backlog. Nothing to worry about. Just have to wait I guess. Hope you have good news soon as well as others who are also waiting

So it means after 10 August they will start looking at the " on hold " cases and will take a month or so ... so the cases which were not on hold they do not attend those ( coz they will be busy looking at hold cases) the rest will become backlog for future .... should they not divide teams ... one looking for backlog cases and the rest the other cases

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:18 am

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Kakaman wrote:
Sweetlarkee wrote:
UksvMay wrote:Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield
Hey how long did it take from the day your decision was made until you were contacted for collection?
Yeah that's really the problem I haven't got a call or email to receive my passport since 11th july
Where have you applied from?
Applied from pakistan are you waiting too

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 am

Hi Ish21,

Hi cutiieepiie,

Thank you, i was just worried bcuz they sent this on our 56th working day and after all that wait i give up waiting now

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am

Follow this thread for all the decisions made

immigration-for-family-members/decision ... 36201.html

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 am

Id thought id get a decision made but they sent that email instead :(

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 pm

My biometric date is the same as yours for my husbands application and the tracker changed to decision made on 25th July. This only started showing on 27th though so I still don't know what the outcome ia going to be.
What is your biometric date??

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Ish21 wrote:

Hi Ish21,

Hi cutiieepiie,

Thank you, i was just worried bcuz they sent this on our 56th working day and after all that wait i give up waiting now
You're welcome. No you shouldn't give up unless you think there is anything complicated with your case? It's only a standard email. I, too received this on the 58th working day. As well as an email saying a document is missing (when everything had already been received and sent back to me by them). As my lawyer said they are just buying time. It has been 88 working days today and still waiting.

Have you received the on hold email or not?
Thanks

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:14 pm

You're welcome. No you shouldn't give up unless you think there is anything complicated with your case? It's only a standard email. I, too received this on the 58th working day. As well as an email saying a document is missing (when everything had already been received and sent back to me by them). As my lawyer said they are just buying time. It has been 88 working days today and still waiting.

Thanks
With mine they didnt give any reason as to why its not straightforward they didnt ask for anything and no i earn more than income requirment my employers havent receieved any calls or anything yet either... im going to call ukvi tmrw see if they say anything different. And no didnt receive an on hold email thank god.

UksvMay
Newly Registered

Post by UksvMay » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Neepa,
Yeah I'm planning to email them by this weekend since they ask you to wait for a few working days after a decision has been made

Fatzipoo,
No I didn't receive hold email

UksvMay
Newly Registered

Post by UksvMay » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
UksvMay wrote:Hey,
Received my passport. Visa was granted alhamdulillah.
Don't know what is happening to my documents in Sheffield
Hey how long did it take from the day your decision was made until you were contacted for collection?
I was contacted by vfsglobal the same day as my tracker said 'decision made' which was 25th July However, my vignette is from 24th July which means the decision was made before the 25th, don't know when the decision was made because even the UKVI said 'decision awaiting' on the 24th.

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 am

Ish21 wrote:

Thanks
With mine they didnt give any reason as to why its not straightforward they didnt ask for anything and no i earn more than income requirment my employers havent receieved any calls or anything yet either... im going to call ukvi tmrw see if they say anything different. And no didnt receive an on hold email thank god.
I think they are just buying more time. My application is also straightforward, don't get why they think it's complicated as it's their job. Yeah, you can try calling them. I've called them 10+ times and they don't tell me anything I do not already know. They told me to wait 90 working days and to contact them after they are up. Wish you all the best.

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:24 am

Ish21 wrote:
What is your biometric date??
Biometric date is 9th May. I am hoping we get a call this week to collect his passport

4JT
Newly Registered

Post by 4JT » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:15 am

We just received emails for my two sons applications are not straightforward and cannot process in normal 60 days.

I am the sponsor, my husband is applying spouse settlement visa with two boys under dependent settlement visas.

Our timeline below:
Application from Hong Kong
Priority
Online application: 28 June
Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: 5 July
Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield: 6 July
Email notification (not straightforward):30 July 2017
Decision made: Awaiting

Email to collect documents from VFS: Awaiting
Passport collected with approved visa: Awaiting

My concern is only email notifications for two boys just received few hours ago, but no email notification for my husband's case. Can anyone comment of the above case, anyone experienced the same?

I wonder would it be the normal process of email sent out for all dependent visa applications due to decision has to be made upon spouse visa is approved?

Hope that is the case, as it's so strange no email notification for my husband application but only two boys.

Appreciate to have your comments. Thanks.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:40 am

I just called ukvi they dont know what they are doing themselves, i didnt tell them about the email i received but asked them about a status update on my application; they said awaiting decision, i asked when was it last updated they said we cant tell you that know it doesnt show up on our system(last time i called they told me when it was last updated), even though i gave them my GWF number they still asked me for my biometric date :s ( CONFUSING), then he said he would esclate my case for me but only asked for my husband name and email?????? And said they would get back to us in 15 working days. I also asked about IF I DO get a case not straightforward email (which i did :() are they generic emails or isit true he said if they do then they they might contact you for more paperwork or something and then said they would contact them and let them know which the email they sent me didnt come onto the system which is why he said my application is 'awaiting a decision' he sounded like he didnt know anything himself, its really fustrated when they put you in the dark.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:17 am

Ish21 wrote:Who else applied in may 2017??
I did! May the 8th all docs scanned and sent to sheffield, Biometrics done on the same day.....

Using this to calculate the days: timeanddate (its a online day counter which excludes weekends and bank holidays).

its the 59th day today.... so Im guessing tomorrow I should know something, as I paid the priority from Rome.
Online its was 100% for 60 days from Rome on the HO website.

Lets see, if not does anyone know wether I can get a refund for my priority service i paid? As its not fair to pay for a service which has exceeded the threshold of 12 weeks.

If anyone can let me know that will be great.

Regards,
Veej

4JT
Newly Registered

Post by 4JT » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am

4JT wrote:We just received emails for my two sons applications are not straightforward and cannot process in normal 60 days.

I am the sponsor, my husband is applying spouse settlement visa with two boys under dependent settlement visas.

Our timeline below:
Priority

My concern is only email notifications for two boys just received few hours ago, but no email notification for my husband's case. Can anyone comment of the above case, anyone experienced the same?

I wonder would it be the normal process of email sent out for all dependent visa applications due to decision has to be made upon spouse visa is approved?

Hope that is the case, as it's so strange no email notification for my husband application but only two boys.

Just got email notification today to ask for IHS payment for children. It is very confused kids need to pay IHS now but they realised there is system bug on IHS payment platform on child page. We just settled payment as per requested, hope the case is now being process and wouldn't take too long for approval.
Last edited by 4JT on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 am

4JT wrote:
4JT wrote:We just received emails for my two sons applications are not straightforward and cannot process in normal 60 days.

Our timeline below:
Priority

Just got email notification today to ask for IHS payment for children. It is very confused kids need to pay HIS now but they reckon there is system bug on IHS payment platform on child page. We just settled payment as per requested, hope the case is now being process and wouldn't take too long for approval.
Oh so great !! It means by not straightforward they meant pay IHS for kids and you are good ... so it means now they are working on new cases as well

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:14 am

My biometric date is 5th may.documents sent to sheffield also on 5th.stutus checkd via email on 20 july.its saying "application has been processed and awaiting decesion".

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:24 am

Maham44 wrote:My biometric date is 5th may.documents sent to sheffield also on 5th.stutus checkd via email on 20 july.its saying "application has been processed and awaiting decesion".

did you pay priority?

I only got the initial email:

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Nothing else since then....
No confidence in this system at all...
Better off living in Italy with my spouse than losing hair and sleep over this..

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am

I paid for priority service

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:32 am

One more day passed still no collection call or email. should I visit the visa center if they allow me .. why