ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion about licence points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sucava
Newly Registered

Confusion about licence points

Post by sucava » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 am

Hello everyone I would really appreciate if you can give explanation in this query.
I got 3 points on my license by a police officer due to a bad tyre back in February 2014. I did not go to court i just sent my license counter part and it came back with 3 points on it and on one place its mentioned (F/P).I am confused that is it a criminal conviction or fixed penalty and do I need to mention it in the ILR form or no?
I have been to couple of solicitors but none of them give me a proper clear answer.
If you guys can help me out and if any of you have experienced the same situation please need your help.
Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Confusion about licence points

Post by makky86 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:35 pm

sucava wrote:Hello everyone I would really appreciate if you can give explanation in this query.
I got 3 points on my license by a police officer due to a bad tyre back in February 2014. I did not go to court i just sent my license counter part and it came back with 3 points on it and on one place its mentioned (F/P).I am confused that is it a criminal conviction or fixed penalty and do I need to mention it in the ILR form or no?
I have been to couple of solicitors but none of them give me a proper clear answer.
If you guys can help me out and if any of you have experienced the same situation please need your help.
Thanks

Why did you get points for bad tyre? If you have MOT the tyres should be good enough for another year.

Getting point on license means FPN(Fixed Penalty Notice) [This is same as parking fpn except you get points on license]

The FPN is not considered as criminal conviction and will not lead to refusal or ILR.

As long as you don't get court summon and get court conviction you should be fine.

FYI

Any conviction more than 2 years old will not be counted again the ILR application
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sucava
Newly Registered

Post by sucava » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:52 pm

thanks mate
it depends on usage there is no guarranty that after MOT tyres should be considered upto mark for next whole year.whenever police stops you and find out that tyres are defective there are highly chances you get 3 points and sometimes fine as well upto 100 pound.
so you reckon i dont need to mention it in form??

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:27 pm

sucava wrote:thanks mate
it depends on usage there is no guarranty that after MOT tyres should be considered upto mark for next whole year.whenever police stops you and find out that tyres are defective there are highly chances you get 3 points and sometimes fine as well upto 100 pound.
so you reckon i dont need to mention it in form??
Yes, you don't have to mention. It clearly mention in the form that fpn are excluded
II Youths a stuff neve endures II