ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum: finally, a letter from Legacy Directorate received

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liberal Immigrant

Asylum: finally, a letter from Legacy Directorate received

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:02 pm

delete
Last edited by Liberal Immigrant on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

douces

Post by douces » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:39 pm

that sound like good news my cousin recieve the same letter asking for 4 photo then a week later get is ilr

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:56 pm

douces wrote:that sound like good news my cousin recieve the same letter asking for 4 photo then a week later get is ilr
oh man, i love u sooo much, wana hugg u, i just hope thats true.

so he didnt get a questionnaire either?

douces

Post by douces » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:29 am

no

loi
Newly Registered

Post by loi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:11 pm

l have just had the same in fact l didint get a letter my lawyer phoned and said bring four passport sized photos of your family because they are ready to give your stay. all this time l am thinking they made a mistake but l will know for sure in the next 3 days. this is great news

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:38 pm

loi wrote:l have just had the same in fact l didint get a letter my lawyer phoned and said bring four passport sized photos of your family because they are ready to give your stay. all this time l am thinking they made a mistake but l will know for sure in the next 3 days. this is great news
what made your solicitor tell u that they are willing to give you a stay? was he just guessing or did he actually speak to the Home Office?

loi
Newly Registered

Post by loi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:05 pm

well the lady at the local MPs office was in touch with the home office and she phoned yhem 2 weeks ago and the we phoned our lawyer about something unrelated and she wasnt there so she phoned back telling us that tey want to give us our stay we should recieve it in a week. :?

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:30 pm

loi wrote:well the lady at the local MPs office was in touch with the home office and she phoned yhem 2 weeks ago and the we phoned our lawyer about something unrelated and she wasnt there so she phoned back telling us that tey want to give us our stay we should recieve it in a week. :?
plz keep me posted about any development on your side.
Thanks

loi
Newly Registered

Post by loi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:45 pm

will do because l am on the edge l was hoping to recieve something to day but nothing coz it has been 5 days. it is all strange l hope they did not make a mistake

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:36 pm

loi wrote:will do because l am on the edge l was hoping to recieve something to day but nothing coz it has been 5 days. it is all strange l hope they did not make a mistake
r u a family or a single? i am asking bcoz uptil now they have only been sending the questionnaires to families and not to singles unless if the single person had committed a crime or was a compassionate case.

loi
Newly Registered

Post by loi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:01 pm

we are a family been in the country 8 years

tamzie
Newly Registered

Post by tamzie » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:35 pm

these legacy forms ,i tried getting my lawyer to get me one and he said it's at the discretion of the home office who they send the forms to .I'm a single and i've been here for six years .I'm still reporting every month and my case was closed in 2005 .Does anyone have an idea how i could get one of these forms ?

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:47 pm

tamzie wrote:these legacy forms ,i tried getting my lawyer to get me one and he said it's at the discretion of the home office who they send the forms to .I'm a single and i've been here for six years .I'm still reporting every month and my case was closed in 2005 .Does anyone have an idea how i could get one of these forms ?
i can understand ur pain man, i ve been thru it myself. and ur solicitor is absolutely rite, it is completely at the HO's discretion to decice whom to send the questionnaires.
Last edited by Liberal Immigrant on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loi
Newly Registered

Post by loi » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:49 pm

l dont think thats true because my lawyer asked me if l wanted to and she said l would qualify for this legacy thingy its for people whos asylum claims have been refused and they have xhausted their appeals but remined in the country and those people whose case has been in the system for a while. l dont know how to upload stuff but you can google informayion about all this and see where you stand the home office has a lot of leaflets on this and they have up to date and accurate info. you need to help yourself gather your own info dont put your life in your laywers hands.

tamzie
Newly Registered

Post by tamzie » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:02 pm

liberal immigrant i realise you've recieved a letter from the HO so fingers crossed it works out because 9yrs waiting is way too long ,loi i am trying to gather as much info from other sources becuase since my appeal channels where exhausted its been hard getting any help from my lawyer . I'll try sifting through the bia site again hopefully i'll find something.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:06 pm

loi wrote:l dont think thats true because my lawyer asked me if l wanted to and she said l would qualify for this legacy thingy its for people whos asylum claims have been refused and they have xhausted their appeals but remined in the country and those people whose case has been in the system for a while. l dont know how to upload stuff but you can google informayion about all this and see where you stand the home office has a lot of leaflets on this and they have up to date and accurate info. you need to help yourself gather your own info dont put your life in your laywers hands.
just to clarify, what i meant to say in my earlier post was that: although the HO will agree that a person comes within the legacy list but the problem is that you cannot force the HO to send you the questionnaire i.e. it is their discretion to select whom to send the questionnaire to. as for the legacy list, there are 450,000 people in it and it will take upto 2011 to go thru the whole list :(

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Receiving legacy forms means your case is now sorted and be ready to get final letter saying, you have been granted LTR.

Many of our friends received this letter and they are happy now but we have been in UK for 7 years and 3 months but no legacy forms here yet.

I have spoken to Home Office staff member a few times and asked them if they could send us legacy forms as well but they said NO..

Legacy department only send these forms to people who qualify for it and you can not ask for one.

We met our MP on friday and told him the whole situation so lets see what happens next as MPs tend to get reply from HO with in 28 days.

Wish me all the best as i have had enough.. No Job no studies... :(

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:00 am

delete.
Last edited by Liberal Immigrant on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:55 pm

I finished my GNVQ Advanced ICT back in 2003 and next level was to go to Uni for degree but since i can not afford FEE as they charge international fee to asylum seeker so i had to stop for a while but then i did some part time courses e,g A+, MCP and City&Guilds networking Level 2.

Submit your photos ASAP as good news is waiting for you :-)

Home office is sending out 2 different types of things!! Legacy forms and 20 pages Questionier... We received them silly 20 pages asking, whats you name, whole family history, my grand parents DOB lol..

Its been 5 months since we submitted that form but no news yet :-(

btw, I am with family.. Recently got married as well :-)