ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Zealander wants to re-apply from Ireland

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marfbr
Newly Registered

Post by marfbr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi all, I am a new member after recently discovering this excellent resource.

I applied for the HSMP visa in December 04 but was refused in Jan 05 due to my income being mainly from dividends (self employed) and the earnings are not declared until the end of the financial year (April 05). Because of this I have to leave the UK as my current visa expires 20th Feb 05.

I was thinking of going to NZ and then applying for an Irish Working Holiday Visa which I am told I can get without any problems within 10 working days. What I would then do is travel to Dublin and find work, then after April re-apply for the HSMP visa as my earnings will be declared. Once successful (hopefully) I will then apply for EC (?) from Ireland. The question I have though is it is my understanding that I can't apply for EC from a country in which I am not a resident. If I was in Dublin on a 1 year visa working for say 3 months, am I considered a resident? And are there any other foreseeable problems I should consider?

Input to this question would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brad.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:17 pm

So sorry to hear about your rejection. Could you give us the ref number and the dates of submittal and decision. Also, are you going to appeal?

marfbr
Newly Registered

Post by marfbr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:35 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a ref number as it was done through an agency and I don't have such details. But from memory it was actually submitted in the last week of November, and declined 13th of January.

I will be appealing / resubmitting once my earnings are declared in April. I don't think there is any other way to get them to consider my earnings therefore I just need to sit tight until April, and hopefully it is processed as quickly as the first time round!!

It was also declined due to lack of proof re graduate job experience, but I had additional documents on their way, but the decline was received before I managed to get the work experience documents to them.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:43 pm

You won't have a problem applying for EC from Ireland when you are already there as a temporary resident. Good luck!

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:48 pm

my app was also submitted last week of nov (26th) and they charged my CC on DEC 1st.; my ref is 313xx so he should be in the same range.

does this mean that they are prescreening applications and his was rejected while mine passed the 1st test and is not pending full review :roll:

marfbr,
bani is right, u shudn't have any problems applying for IE as long as u are a lawful resident.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:51 pm

I think they are definitely pre-screening and bouncing incomplete applications immediately. Some evidence indicates as well that obvious approvals are being processed fast as well, at least for December and January applications.

marfbr
Newly Registered

Post by marfbr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:52 pm

Thanks Bani.

I have a return ticket which takes me back to Heathrow. Do I need a visa to get back into the UK and then transfer from Heathrow to Dublin if I have a visa for Republic of Ireland?

Brad.

NZ_engr
Newly Registered

Post by NZ_engr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 pm

Hi
I am wondering if I will run into the same problem as marfbr. In Jan I will be applying to extend my HSMP visa for a further 3 yrs. I too am self employed (i have a limited company) and I am directly involved in the day to day management of it. I am wondering though - will i be in the same position as marfbr as the bulk of my income is in dividends and these won't be declared until the end of the tax year in April 2006 and I need to apply for extension in Jan 2006. Can anyone offer advice?
Cheers
nz_engr

bani

Post by bani » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:59 pm

Hi Brad,

no, you don't need a visa. NZ nationals don't need a visa to transit through the UK, and you can enter as a tourist as long as you have a departure ticket with you.

good luck, it's too bad that they decided immediately without waiting for your additional documents. it does seem they are pre-screening applications and they quickly judged yours to be incomplete.
marfbr wrote:Thanks Bani.

I have a return ticket which takes me back to Heathrow. Do I need a visa to get back into the UK and then transfer from Heathrow to Dublin if I have a visa for Republic of Ireland?

Brad.

marfbr
Newly Registered

Post by marfbr » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks again Bani.

Looks like I might be heading to Dublin!