ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kakaman

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Kakaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:37 am

Does anyone know what should I do if decision was made on 11th no collection call till today . I think they don't allow you to visit the visa center?
No one can help ??

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 am

Kakaman wrote:Does anyone know what should I do if decision was made on 11th no collection call till today . I think they don't allow you to visit the visa center?
No one can help ??
Did you try calling the HO or call centre?!?

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am

In addition to this intial email i have received 3 more emails from UKvi after contacting them.1st at the end of may "your application is under process".2nd in june"your application has been delayed due to further enquiries".last the third one on 20 july "awiting decision".and till now i heard noting and not contacting them again for status checking and only waiting...

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Maham44 wrote:I paid for priority service
Thats bang out of order, whats with our money that we paid, getting the same service as a non priority member....

Make my blood boil! Arrrggghhhhh :x :x :x :x :x

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Kakaman wrote:Does anyone know what should I do if decision was made on 11th no collection call till today . I think they don't allow you to visit the visa center?
No one can help ??
Whats the number for the HO?
I want to call them after tomorrow as thats my 60 days up....

Just ridiculous service.... we should all go down to the HO offices and protest :?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:19 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
No one can help ??

Just ridiculous service.... we should all go down to the HO offices and protest :?
I'm not sure of the HO number ( please can anyone help with this)
Protesting is a very good idea ... heights of mismanagement :evil:

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
No one can help ??

For both of you I called HO and VFS
HO said they dispatched on 13th now they don't know
Vfs said we didn't get it and there is no way to get more info

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:09 pm

Kakaman wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
No one can help ??

I'm in the same boat. Replied to your thread. My wife went into the VAC in St Petersburg last week. It's TLScontact, they are the Russian version of VFS Global. She requested they return her passport and decision. They said the problem is with Sheffield. They are not allowed to interfere. They can only collect from the consulate once they are told they can do so.

I've escalated it but received no repsonse. Running out of ideas what to do.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:12 pm

Kakaman wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
No one can help ??

Its becoming a joke!
Why do they have to be this disorganised!
Any idea about getting priority service money refunded?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

As part of my escalation email that I sent I also requested they refund my priority fee since it is blatantly apparent they have never treated the application with priority. Can't even be bothered to send the decision on time. It's scandalous.

I'll let you know how they respond, when they bother to respond, if they bother to respond.........so much for treating people with dignity and respect
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:51 pm

SimonS wrote:As part of my escalation email that I sent I also requested they refund my priority fee since it is blatantly apparent they have never treated the application with priority. Can't even be bothered to send the decision on time. It's scandalous.

I'll let you know how they respond, when they bother to respond, if they bother to respond.........so much for treating people with dignity and respect

Anyway the stress level of waiting for visa is almost killing us ... to top it now we have to stress ourselves further ... when after ages and decades of wait " decided" but don't know ( keep guessing) from where you will collect your visa .... gawd !!!

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
SimonS wrote:As part of my escalation email that I sent I also requested they refund my priority fee since it is blatantly apparent they have never treated the application with priority. Can't even be bothered to send the decision on time. It's scandalous.

Anyway the stress level of waiting for visa is almost killing us ... to top it now we have to stress ourselves further ... when after ages and decades of wait " decided" but don't know ( keep guessing) from where you will collect your visa .... gawd !!!
Seriously though guys, we need to air our voices on a platform so that it shows how bad the service is....
Anyone have any ideas? I'm not say we get militant or anything, but Its been going on for too long and the cries for an answer aren't being heard. If anyone knows of where we can really get some news out on the treatment, it may carry weight and get them into action...

It will only make people want to leave these shores for ones abroad... Canada anyone? :lol:

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Seriously though guys, we need to air our voices on a platform so that it shows how bad the service is....
Anyone have any ideas? I'm not say we get militant or anything, but Its been going on for too long and the cries for an answer aren't being heard. If anyone knows of where we can really get some news out on the treatment, it may carry weight and get them into action...

It will only make people want to leave these shores for ones abroad... Canada anyone? :lol:
Lol !!

But on a serious note ... can we directly approach Theresa May ?!?! Let her know what mess her country is in and the way we are being treated ... our married life is on the mercy of some xyz person whom we will never ever come cross our life !!

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Lol !!

But on a serious note ... can we directly approach Theresa May ?!?! Let her know what mess her country is in and the way we are being treated ... our married life is on the mercy of some xyz person whom we will never ever come cross our life !!

How about a Facebook page or a twitter page to directly tag the HO or something? A Petition page? Any ideas???
What a let down this system really is.... my local chip shop has better customer service!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:58 pm

Members are reminded that any form of social media links or contact information is not permitted to be posted on the forum.

This topic again, is heading the same way as the last one that was locked, apparently taken over by a small number of members and low value posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:59 pm

CR001 wrote:This post can be used for updates on those who have delays or on hold issues relating to their spouse visa applications, following the other topic that was locked (link below).

immigration-for-family-members/uk-spous ... l#p1499856

Some rules to be followed please, otherwise this one will be locked too.

1. There is to be NO posting of ANY contact information (full names/social media/email/telephone etc), Forum Terms & Conditions (click), particularly point 5. Any posting of such information will result in remove of detail, one final warning before a member wil banned.

2. Please refrain from single sentence posts asking 'any updates anyone'. When members have an update, they will likely post. This is to avoid the topic running into many pages with non value posts. ANY discussions, chit chat, question NOT related to the delay or on hold issue, will be removed.

3. There will be zero tolerance of any abuse (of members or moderators) in this thread. Any abuse and it will be locked.

4. Members who post 'sent you a PM' etc, are reminded that members should post in public so that all may benefit. Any abuse of the PM privilege or sending unsolicited PMs to members and the privilege will be withdrawn.

5. Any member who thinks it is cute to register a second username to post will find both usernames banned.

6. If there is ANY post that is inappropriate or contains personal contact information in ANY form (ie. joe soap at gmail dot com etc), please use the report button to highlight it. This button is top left of the topic and is an exclamation mark '!' 'Report this post'.

7. This topic/thread will be monitored daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Did anyone get the 'case not straightforward' email who applied in may?

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Simon how many days since decision was made for you
Did you get the passport back

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Did you try calling the HO or call centre?!?[/quote]

Just ridiculous service.... we should all go down to the HO offices and protest :?[/quote]

Vfs said we didn't get it and there is no way to get more info[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. Replied to your thread. My wife went into the VAC in St Petersburg last week. It's TLScontact, they are the Russian version of VFS Global. She requested they return her passport and decision. They said the problem is with Sheffield. They are not allowed to interfere. They can only collect from the consulate once they are told they can do so.

This is insane does it means they have the passport but they aren't allowed to give it to us

I have a feeling is it because I provided travel dates in august

PBP
Newly Registered

Post by PBP » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:39 pm

It's my 1st time posting here so forgive me if I've posted to someone else's thread or reply.
I've been following this forum since before my husbands settle visa application and every day since.
He took his biometrics on the 28th April, we received the initial email of processing times (12 weeks, and if there is any delay we would be contacted within 8 weeks), 4th May. Then on the 13th week they emailed him asking for a NARIC certificate to accompany his degree, but his degree was obtained in the U.K. They have obviously made a mistake and he emailed them straight away with proof and his degree certificate again. we are now into the 14 week and not heard anything. We have paid to send emails, and got no response, and rang the number suggested at £1.37 per minute to which the agent didn't help and we were charged £10. If any other organisation operated this way they would be shut down. How can this be possible? I'm going out of my mind and like many of you we are really struggling to pay two lots of living expenses in two separate countries. All I am learning from this experience is that the HO are completely incompetent and it worries me that they are allowed to operate at such a disgraceful standard yet charge people so much money. I honestly cannot believe this system, and that our whole lives are in their hands...
I spoke with our solicitor who is pretty useless and who just keeps telling us to wait. Surely if they didn't contact us within the 8 weeks stating there would be a delay, and then delay it after the 12 weeks (on the 13th week) there must be something we can do? I've read how some of you have escalated your applications, could you please advise how I would do this? Thank you

PBP
Newly Registered

Post by PBP » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:43 pm

Ish21 wrote:Did anyone get the 'case not straightforward' email who applied in may?
We got this email but we applied 28th April and only got this email on the 13th week into the application

PBP
Newly Registered

Post by PBP » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:As part of my escalation email that I sent I also requested they refund my priority fee since it is blatantly apparent they have never treated the application with priority. Can't even be bothered to send the decision on time. It's scandalous.

Maybe we could all go the the visa processing centre in Sheffield, I've been there twice already as the settlement visa team is based there for every settlement application world-wide. They wouldn't let me in and said they get many people trying to get answers directly. A protest (organised one), may get their needed attention, if there are enough people and the press are called, then we could voice our side of the story and make ppl aware to what is going on ?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:56 pm

Kakaman wrote:

Simon how many days since decision was made for you
Did you get the passport back
Decision was made on 13th July = 57 working days. They emailed my wife on Saturday 15th July to say Decison had been made. Online tracker also worked for first time on the Saturday. All our documents were posted back and I received them on Tuesday 18th July = 60 working days. Tomorrow is 70 working days for us and 13 working days since decision was made.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:57 pm

PBP wrote:Maybe we could all go the the visa processing centre in Sheffield, I've been there twice already as the settlement visa team is based there for every settlement application world-wide. They wouldn't let me in and said they get many people trying to get answers directly. A protest (organised one), may get their needed attention, if there are enough people and the press are called, then we could voice our side of the story and make ppl aware to what is going on ?
This forum cannot and will not be used to 'arranged or facilitate or condone' ANY form of protest activity.

You are now the 3rd member in this topic trying to incite a protest.

If such postings continue by any member, their access to the forum will be reviewed and possibly terminated and the topic will be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi,

This forum been very useful to me. I have a similar problem with my wife's spouse visa.

Me and my wife applied in person at Bangkok VFS office, with priority service on 24th Feb 2017. So been 22weeks now. Since we applied, heard nothing back, no emails for the pause, no emails for the delayed or complex. When ever we called the paid helpline, they tell us the application is 'awaiting decision' - like it's been like this for months! I asked them about pause and delays... they no nothing! It's really frustrating. Me and my wife spent our wedding anniversary apart.

My salary shown is as director of a company, have shown full year accounts, with payslips of my salary which adds upto 38k a year! All the paperwork been spot on as me and my solicitor worked days to just get everything perfect.

As I can afford priority service, thought I go with it, and went bangkok and spend mini holiday with my wife whilst we wait for the decision. Unfortunately, had to come back and now been sooo long! No answer from anywhere. I have escalated the case more than 5 times now. Nothing! Seriously think the people working behind the paid call, are rip offs! They know nothing!

Can anyone please help me and share your opinion?
I understand, being a director/ self employed could delay it, but I didn't receive any emails stating this. And no one asked to provide any extra documents. Status now is 'awaiting decision' (accorodng to the service call)

Thank you in advance.