ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About an UKBA-BRP Pacakage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veasta
Newly Registered

About an UKBA-BRP Pacakage

Post by veasta » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:47 am

Hi there,

Hope everyone is well. I'm a non-eea family member who applied EEA2 on 20 January 2017. After the 6 months service period passed I phoned HO and got the information that a decision has been made on 14 July 2017. With again several days painful waiting I received a letter from DX delivery of fail of delivery of my UKBA-BRP package(due to no people were at home during work days I guess). Then my question is: in this circumstance, does it mean that it will be my BRP card? In another word, does it mean my application has been approved? Is there any possibility that a UKBA-BRP package can be a refuse letter? :(
I know I can just wait until they redeliver my parcel. But the earliest date will be Wednesday. I think you guys can understand the two more days still will kill me.
Please kindly give me some advice what situation I am in.
Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: About an UKBA-BRP Pacakage

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Then my question is: in this circumstance, does it mean that it will be my BRP card?
Likely yes.
In another word, does it mean my application has been approved?
Probably.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

veasta
Newly Registered

Post by veasta » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Then my question is: in this circumstance, does it mean that it will be my BRP card?
Likely yes.
In another word, does it mean my application has been approved?
Probably.
Thanks a lot. That helps!

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:47 pm

I can empathize...my hands were shaking when I got my package on Saturday. :shock: I was lucky that I didn't know it was coming or else I would have been worrying about it while waiting, same as you.

I know many people have received the residence card BEFORE receiving their documents, but for me it was the other way around. We received our passports, all of our documents, and a decision letter on Saturday; my husband signed for it. The letter said I would get the residence card within 10 working. I just received the residence card this morning and had to sign for it. I have the advantage of working for a college term-time only, and they happened to make the decision and send the card during the summer holiday.

Better to have them keep it until you can sign for it, than stick the card through the wrong mail slot, or leave the your passports or other documents out it in the rain!

When I applied for the EEA Family Permit they emailed me with the decision. Too bad they can't do that for the residence cards as well! Each of these applications takes a bit of an emotional toll. It helped me to remember that even if my application was unsuccessful, they can't deport me unless all my appeal rights are exhausted. Also it helped to remind myself that they have no grounds to reject the application, and if I had made some kind of stupid mistake (which was unlikely because my husband and I both looked over the application several times) there would likely be a chance to correct it or reapply.