ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellothere19
United Kingdom

which NCS

Post by hellothere19 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi all

I live in the London suburbs (Brent) and plan to use the NCS close to where I work, as it is easier for me to get to instead going to my own borough, for which I would need to take at least half day off work.
RBKC (Kensington&Chelsea) is very close to me but I have easy access to Hammersmith & Fulham too.
I know the NCS all do the same job, but does anyone have a good experience with one of the above NCS services?

Also, I read that unless you specify, the ceremony will be in your home borough? When do you have to make this choice, I suppose during the NCS appointment?

thanks
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: which NCS

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:31 pm

It makes no difference where you submit.

If you want a ceremony somewhere other than your home council, you have to stipulate on the form where it asks the question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:56 pm

CR001 wrote:It makes no difference where you submit.

If you want a ceremony somewhere other than your home council, you have to stipulate on the form where it asks the question.
Thanks, I thought so, I just book it where is the most convenient

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Think carefully about where you want your ceremony as it is not easy to change after you receive approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oblomov38
Newly Registered

Post by oblomov38 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:37 pm

FYI, I used RBKC NCS for my successful citizenship application, and I have no complaints about their service, even though they're slightly on the expensive side compared to other boroughs if I remember correctly.

PS: Be aware that RBKC have two different town halls and registrar services: Chelsea (where they handle the European passport return service for EEA PR) and Kensington (where they handle NCS), not to be mixed up. I'm mentioning this as I almost accidentally went to Chelsea again for my NCS before I double-checked the location in the email en route to my appointment!

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:24 pm

oblomov38 wrote:FYI, I used RBKC NCS for my successful citizenship application, and I have no complaints about their service, even though they're slightly on the expensive side compared to other boroughs if I remember correctly.

PS: Be aware that RBKC have two different town halls and registrar services: Chelsea (where they handle the European passport return service for EEA PR) and Kensington (where they handle NCS), not to be mixed up. I'm mentioning this as I almost accidentally went to Chelsea again for my NCS before I double-checked the location in the email en route to my appointment!
thanks for the info