ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haseeb999
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by haseeb999 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Need advise regarding ILR

-Came to UK in 2010 on Australian passport and got tier 2 visa(work permit) in 2012 ,wife came to UK under tier 2 dependent visa same year.

-In 2014 wife got joband she moved from dependent to general tier 2 visa (work permit) and I went as her dependent for 1 year .

-In 2015 I again got job and got my tier 2 general visa( work permit) as I moved out of dependent visa.
-Wife is still on her tier 2 visa which is expiring in 2019 .

Can we apply for ILR?
if yes how and if not then whats the alternate route to apply for it?

Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Can we apply for ILR?
No you cannot. Everytime either of you switched between Tier 2 main and Tier 2 General, your clock towards ILR has reset to zero.

You cannot combine visa categories to make up 5 years. You need either 5 years as main Tier 2 General visa holder or 5 years a Tier 2 General dependent.

Wife should qualify for ILR in 2019.

You will qualify in 2020.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.