ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR combination Tier 1 + Tier 2 - evidence before Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leonnieves
Newly Registered

ILR combination Tier 1 + Tier 2 - evidence before Tier 2

Post by leonnieves » Fri May 05, 2017 2:53 pm

I am a Tier 2 (General) migrant and my 5-year qualifying residential period includes a period of stay in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant. How can I satisfy the following instruction of the SET(O) form (item 12G): “For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules”?

When I switched from a Tier 1 (General) visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa on 17/11/2015, I did not, of course, have to submit evidence showing that I met the requirements under the Tier 1 (General) visa. I only had to show I met the requirements for the new Tier 2 (General) visa.

Therefore, I believe I should provide evidence that I met the requirements as they applied on the date I switched to Tier 2 (General) visa (i.e., provide evidence relating to a relevant date of 17/11/2015).

Pursuant to the Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance, version 03/2015, I must score 80 points for attributes and also need to score 10 points for English language and 10 points for maintenance (funds) available. Is this what I need to show evidence for?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR combination Tier 1 + Tier 2 - evidence before Tier 2

Post by zimba » Sun May 07, 2017 5:30 pm

There is nothing specific you need to do. You must be able to show that your complied with the visa rules when you had Tier 1 General, if asked.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

leonnieves
Newly Registered

Post by leonnieves » Mon May 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks zimba88.

I am planning to show evidence for the period before I switched to Tier 2 anyway. I have an appointment in 10 days time, so would like to volunteer these documents to avoid questions from the caseworker, as I would like to have a same day decision. Do you see any problems with this approach?

Many thanks again for the response!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 09, 2017 1:23 am

Better have some documents relevant to your past work particularly if your worked as company director/self employed under Tier 1G visa in case you were interviewed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

leonnieves
Newly Registered

Post by leonnieves » Tue May 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks, zimba88. This is very helpful. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Post by tier1etier2g » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:21 pm

leonnieves wrote:Thanks zimba88.

I am planning to show evidence for the period before I switched to Tier 2 anyway. I have an appointment in 10 days time, so would like to volunteer these documents to avoid questions from the caseworker, as I would like to have a same day decision. Do you see any problems with this approach?

Hi Leonnieves, could you please give an update on your application and list of documents you submitted - I am also in similar situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:23 pm

tier1etier2g wrote:
leonnieves wrote:Thanks zimba88.

Hi Leonnieves, could you please give an update on your application and list of documents you submitted - I am also in similar situation.
User only posted 3 times and has not visited the forum since the last post in May.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.