ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chicago
Newly Registered

British citizenship info please

Post by Chicago » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi Guys ,

I've been waiting for my permanent residency document for long and finally I got it .
I am a family member of EU citizen from Poland ,we applied with solicitor in May 2016 for the permanent residency after five years resident in UK and the decision was refuse because of the income of my wife been below Minimum Earnings Threshold and we made new evidence much stronger after appealing in court and we made new application and last week I received positive answer and I am Granted PR .

My question please is :
Do I have the right to apply now for British citizenship because I spent 5 years from my residency all full time work and without claiming any public fund ?
also I spent one year more waiting because it was delated from the first refusal in 2016 ?

Many Thanks

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: British citizenship info please

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:14 am

Hello Chicago,

You must wait 12 months from the date issue of your PR, as far as I know the waiting time doesn't matter.
It will be considered from the date of issue.

I am a British citizen from ILR, so I guess "12 months" would be the common for ILR & PR as well.

Anyway, look at the links for more info. All the very best!

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... -can-apply
https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence

ribena

Post by ribena » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Macro_Run wrote:Hello Chicago,

You must wait 12 months from the date issue of your PR, as far as I know the waiting time doesn't matter.

I am a British citizen from ILR, so I guess "12 months" would be the common for ILR & PR as well.

Hello,
Can you please clarify if the 12 months date issue of your PR as on the PR Card itself OR the date on the decision letter of the PR application informing the applicant when they were grant permanent residency?

I would think it's the latter.

Thanks

Chicago
Newly Registered

British citizenship required documents

Post by Chicago » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello Everyone
I received my permanent resident through 5 years EU family member residency .and I hold it for a year and half .

Please my questions are :
Could I apply with my wife together for British citizenship ?
if yes please which documents we need to send to HOME OFFICE ? how much coast us both ?
Do we need to apply for our child the MN1 to get the citizenship or we don't need ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship required documents

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Could I apply with my wife together for British citizenship ?
Yes if you both meet the requirements and good character. You apply separately, there is no joint application.
if yes please which documents we need to send to HOME OFFICE ? how much coast us both ?
Read the AN guide and form. It tells you what you need. Current cost is £1282 EACH. If you apply using NCS at the council, they charge a small fee for the service.
Do we need to apply for our child the MN1 to get the citizenship or we don't need ?
Depends when the child was born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks a lots CR001 ,

My daughter she was born in UK .
do I need to do the registration for her . if yes how much will cost me please ?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:27 pm

I said it depends on WHEN she was born not WHERE!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:37 pm

she was born in 2014 .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Then yes, she has to apply to register as British on form MN1. It costs £973. Proof of settled/PR status is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks a lots CR001

if I send my AN application and the MN1 application for my daughter ,should I pay both fees the AN and MN1 .

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Yes, each application must pay the fee. You need to complete a fee payment slip.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LadyRenoir
Newly Registered

Post by LadyRenoir » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 am

ribena wrote:
Macro_Run wrote:Hello Chicago,

Hello,
Can you please clarify if the 12 months date issue of your PR as on the PR Card itself OR the date on the decision letter of the PR application informing the applicant when they were grant permanent residency?

I would think it's the latter.

Thanks
I was told it's the latter too, otherwise there is a 6 months gap between the day they decided I got my permanent residency and the day on the card. I decided to use the date on the letter- going to send my application off this week!

Chicago
Newly Registered

British Citizenship advise

Post by Chicago » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 pm

HI All,
I was wondering if you could please advise on my case. I’m spouse of EU citizen and on May I get granted permanent residency however on the paper received by HO the date acquired permanent resident status is May 2016 and on the biometric card the date is May 2017 , I’m planning to apply for british citizenship with my daughter his year via NCS .

Question1 :

I was wondering if I can apply for citizenship through NCS now because I heard that I need to wait 10 years before I can apply .

question 2:

Please if you know how much is the naturalization fees for me ?

question 3 :

Do I have to apply for registration certificate for my daughter which she was born in uk 2014 to get for her british citizenship ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship advise

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Kindly refrain from starting new topics with the same questions. I have merged you topics now, please keep ALL your questions in this thread.
Question1 :

I was wondering if I can apply for citizenship through NCS now because I heard that I need to wait 10 years before I can apply .
Where did you 'hear' that?? You can apply through NCS.
question 2:

£1282. The NCS fee is extra as is the passport fee.
question 3 :

Do I have to apply for registration certificate for my daughter which she was born in uk 2014 to get for her british citizenship ?
Yes you do. Cost for her form MN1 application is £973. If you use NCS, there is a fee for her too and the passport fee is also extra.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Indguru90

Post by Indguru90 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Chicago wrote:HI All,
I was wondering if you could please advise on my case. I’m spouse of EU citizen and on May I get granted permanent residency however on the paper received by HO the date acquired permanent resident status is May 2016 and on the biometric card the date is May 2017 , I’m planning to apply for british citizenship with my daughter his year via NCS .

Question1 :

question 2:

question 3 :

Thanks
Further to CR001's replies above,
1) You mention 10 years, however the Qualifying Period is always 5 years (unless you're married to a Britcit).

The only reason why a 10 year period could conceivably be relevant is on good character grounds. Did your EEA national sponsor live in the UK in the last 10 years without exercising a Treaty right? For example, were they a student without private health insurance/EHIC? Breaches of immigration law will be taken into account for 10 years counting backwards. Or do you have a criminal record?

3) The answer depends on when your spouse became a permanent resident. If he was already a permanent resident in the UK on the day your daughter was born, she is already a British citizen and you won't need to register her (British Nationality Act 1981, s.1(1)(b) and Immigration (EEA) Regulations Sched.3 para.2(1)). So if your spouse came to the UK in 2009 or before and was working, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient for 5 years, your daughter is likely to be British and you can apply for a passport straight away. If your spouse arrived later, CR001's reply will refer you to the form/fee.

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Hello Guys

My Daughter she was born in 2014 and I would like to make for her british Passport and I need to pay 973 pounds for MN1 however I am wonder if there is any other way to do for her BP without paying this money please ?

Thanks a lots

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Chicago wrote:Hello Guys

My Daughter she was born in 2014 and I would like to make for her british Passport and I need to pay 973 pounds for MN1 however I am wonder if there is any other way to do for her BP without paying this money please ?

Thanks a lots
No, unfortunately there is no way to avoid this fee. There is no shortcut as your daughter was born before you attained/got PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks a lots for the answer CR001 ,

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello everyone

I am willing to apply for British citizenship this month and I am ready with all need it document however my friends says to me that by Law I need to wait 10 years since I get my first residence which in 2011 .

I would like to ask you question :

please if this information is correct or not because I don't want waste almost 1500 pound and after the answer will be refused by Home office .

Thanks a Lots

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 pm

When did you first enter the UK and what is your full immigration history in the UK, especially any before 2011?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:47 pm

I enter in 2008 illegal to UK and Home Office they know that than I get my resident EU family member in 2011 than I granted the permanent resident in May 2017 and in the paper they acquire my permanent residence in May 2016 and I would like to apply now for British citizenship .

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 pm

I enter in 2008 illegal to UK
It is usually helpful if you post important information such as this so that no one is wasting their time and you can get the correct advice.

Your friends are correct. You will only qualify for ILR in 2021, 10 years from either date of marriage to EU citizen if you got married in the UK or 10 years from date when you legalised your stay if you married after your residence card was issued.

If you apply now, you will be refused due to failing the good character requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi CR001

Thanks for the answer ,is there any way to escape from this law **Good Character** when I enter UK illegally in 2008 and Home Office find out in 2009 and I been granted permanent residency in 2016 .

Thanks again for all the advice you gave me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Not there isn't. HO applies the Good Character requirement quite seriously. And if you worked while in the UK illegally, then HO's case is even stronger against you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Chicago
Newly Registered

Post by Chicago » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello Guys

I would like to ask if I am eligible to claim benefits as I have permanent resident status and if yes please it does not affect my citizenship in 4 years time .

Thanks a lots