ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husbands spouse visa, and his other wife!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

martha

My husbands spouse visa, and his other wife!

Post by martha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:53 pm

DID I POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION?Please can someone advise me. I am a born UK citizen. I married a Pakistani man almost 4 years ago. His status here was that of a failed assylum seeker. We were advised that he stood a better chance obtaining his spouse visa in Pakistan. 18mths ago he returned there, and was granted a 2year spouse visa until october 2008.
However he was away from the UK for 6mths, during which time he married in Pakistan. He did not inform me of this. When he returned in Dec 2006,I instinctively knew something was wrong, and confronted him. He then told me. He continues to visit Pakistan twice a year, for 2 to 3 months at a time. We separated in May of last year, and I moved away from London in August 2007 to be nearer family.
Last December, on one of his visits home, I informed the British Embassy in Pakistan that I was withdrawing my support. Then told me they could not prevent him from coming back to the UK, but would inform at the airport that my support had been withdrawn. I naturally assumed they would stop him at Islamabad airport, and give him this news. However he came to the UK and was held by immigration. They(immigration) phoned me. I either had to give permission to leave Heathrow, or they would put him in a detention centre, then at some date send him home. I am the only reason he can stay in the UK. His appeal would not be successful, especially as he was previously a failed assylum seeker.
We continue to live separately, and I am on long term Incapacity Benefit, and Housing Benefit. He seldom assists with money. So he does not fulfill his duties to me. Of course sometimes I think he is using me. But he does seem sorry for his actions too.
I am considering a divorce, as I cannot see us being together again, though I would like us to be. I am unable to come to terms with the deceit of this other marriage, and the way I was treated. He keeps telling me that we will be together soon, but the signs are not good. He always manages to send money home, but always keeps me waiting.
He has recently started a new business. His visa expires in October this year. I am concerned that on renewal of his visa(I realise I need to give my consent) that he will have no restrictions on his visa. When can he apply for his British passport, and at what stage does he have a free hand in bringing his other wife from Pakistan?
Should I decide that divorce is my best option, how can I go about this? Or should I tell the Home Office that next time he returns to Pakistan to visit, that his visa is completely cancelled? If our marriage is over, then I dont want him to stay in the UK with all the benefits and freedom it gives him. I feel a divorce can only finalise everything, as this then allows me to make a new life in the future.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but I felt it was necessary to explain.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 pm

When was his spouse visa granted? When did he stay in Pakistan (how many months)? How many months in total (giving the dates) did he spend in Pakistan?

At this point:
They(immigration) phoned me. I either had to give permission to leave Heathrow, or they would put him in a detention centre, then at some date send him home. I am the only reason he can stay in the UK. His appeal would not be successful, especially as he was previously a failed assylum seeker.
did you support him in re-entering the UK? Where does he live now? Do you have any formal documentation in joint names (e.g. banks/statements, council statements, bills, etc)?

martha

Post by martha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:30 pm

sakura wrote:When was his spouse visa granted? When did he stay in Pakistan (how many months)? How many months in total (giving the dates) did he spend in Pakistan?

At this point:
They(immigration) phoned me. I either had to give permission to leave Heathrow, or they would put him in a detention centre, then at some date send him home. I am the only reason he can stay in the UK. His appeal would not be successful, especially as he was previously a failed assylum seeker.
did you support him in re-entering the UK? Where does he live now? Do you have any formal documentation in joint names (e.g. banks/statements, council statements, bills, etc)?[/quote

He went back to Pakistan in June 2006, and returned here with his spouse visa end Dec 2006, so 6mths at that time. I supported him financially before he went, and kept the home going whilst he was away. In May 2007 he went again to Pakistan for 1 month, again in October 2007 for 2 months. Since May of 2007 we have had no household bills in our name, tenancy is in my name. We have never had joint bank accounts. We live 80miles apart. He occasionally visits once a week, overnight, so we are totally separate. He lives with friends in London,and his new business is there.
When he came back in December I had to let him come through immigration, as I did not want him to go to detention. I also thought maybe we could get back together

martha

Post by martha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:38 pm

One thing I didnt mention, is that last October before he went home, he redirected his post to where I am living, only bank statements come for him. They still come here. Perhaps he's trying to be clever for the future, I dont know. But all bills etc for the flat are in my name, also tenancy, as I mentioned before.
Also last December, the immigration did tell me I could withdraw my support again, if things didnt improve. I think I would really want a divorce if we couldnt work it out. But part of me wonders if he will just skip the UK, if divorce papers went to him.
Until Dec 2006, I was working very hard to support his case, up to 72hrs a week. I am now heavily in debt, and am not working due to ill health. He say he wants to help with these, but no help comes. It has been recommended by Citazens Advice Bureau that I go bankrupt. He actually has hepled create this awful situation I am in today.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:46 pm

martha wrote:One thing I didnt mention, is that last October before he went home, he redirected his post to where I am living, only bank statements come for him. They still come here. Perhaps he's trying to be clever for the future, I dont know. But all bills etc for the flat are in my name, also tenancy, as I mentioned before.
Listen, if you think he is using you for a visa, just let go..simple as that. If you decide to support his Indefinite Leave to Remain application later this year and it is successful, there would be nothing stopping him from bringing his wife over and severing all connections from you. From what you say, he sounds like a real con artist and does not deserve any favours but its up to you to decide whether you want to draw a line in the sand and move on...

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:57 pm

If he doesn't live there, just send them back to the bank/s with "no longer at this address". It shouldn't be up to you to collect his mail.

If you want a divorce, then you should start legal proceedings, citing whatever is the reason. It might cost some money if you need legal assistance.

If you don't want a divorce, then he is still technically (well, legally) your spouse and can reside in the UK. As for whether he can obtain ILR would depend on whether you support his application, or decide to tell the Home Office that you have separated (and possibly getting a divorce) and are no longer sponsoring him.

And as thirdwave mentions, once he does (somehow) obtain ILR, then he can start divorce proceedings against you and apply for a spouse visa for his wife in Pakistan, and there is nothing you can do about any of this.

SYH
BANNED

Re: My husbands spouse visa, and his other wife!

Post by SYH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:02 pm

martha wrote: I either had to give permission to leave Heathrow, or they would put him in a detention centre, then at some date send him home. I am the only reason he can stay in the UK.
then why did you give him permission
You are the only reason he came to the UK,
No you are the basis he can come to the uk, he didn't come to see you.
And he has a second wife so why would you give him permission to enter.
Sheesh.

martha

Post by martha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Yes, it is a difficult situation. I really dont know if I can trust him. I feel like he is a sponge soaking up all my emotions. I hope I can make the right decision soon. Thanks guys
I know that if his new business is a success then everyone back home will be happy and rich! I dont think he has much control over his own life. He has a mum, 5 sisters, 1 brother and 2 wives to support. I am always at the bottom of the list when it comes to money. He also cant seem to emotionally support me either. I should put a stop to it. As the days go by, I realise that.
Last edited by martha on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:16 pm

If you no longer wish to be with this man all you have to do is inform the home office that you and him are now separated, that your marriage no longer subsists and you are withdrawing support for any future applications for leave to remain he may make.

When it comes to him renewing his visa in October 2008 he will be refused and unless he leaves the country he will have no legal status to remain. Alternatively, if he returns to Pakistan to see his "wife" on return to the UK he will be stopped and his visa overturned. However, this would be dependant on you remaining firm and not feeling sorry for him.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Assalamu Alaikum Martha,

If you want restrictions put on his visa you need to put a letter together & send a copy to the

Border and Immigration Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
CROYDON
CR9 2BY

CIL Team
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Ramna 5, PO Box 1122
Islamabad
PAKISTAN

(Or Fax it to 0092 512 012 051 - s they rung me and asked for the information to be made public - Just put a 1-liner "I also give my permission to make this information public " and send a copy of your passport to verify who you are.)

Mark them Urgent if you want and just state "I am retracting my sponsorship as we've separated and this has in turn resulted in marriage breakdown etc etc" and put his details and copy of his passport if you've got one and just put REF. and then his passport no.

I was duped and I've found out 4-other men & women have been scammed as well in my town.

It's like a business in Pakistan now, marry someone just for their visa!

May Allah s.w.t help you Inshallah!
Last edited by johnboy096 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

martha

Post by martha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:36 pm

johnboy, Salaams :) thanks for your reply. Having read your story on the link your posted, this goes on far too often. I am absolutely heartbroken by my husbands actions.
I failed to mention in my previous posts , that I had faxed a letter last December, to Islamabad withdrawing my support. At that time I really thought I had finally ended this saga. But when immigration called from Heathrow saying they would detain him, I just couldnt do it.
My husband knows where his bread is buttered, here in the UK.
My nerves are shattered. I've got past all the sleepless nights now. You know how it is. And I cant believe one word he tells me. He told me he's lucky to have 2 wives! I can see why. One gives him freedom to travel, the other lives in his home in Pakistan looking after his mother.
I'm so tired, but somehow I want to believe that he loves me. Yet all the signs are not good. We have lived apart for 9months now, with the occasional visit. I'll have to resolve this soon. It affects my everyday life in many ways. Logically it will never work. Any further advice greatly appreciated. :)

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:16 pm

martha wrote:johnboy, Salaams :) thanks for your reply. Having read your story on the link your posted, this goes on far too often. I am absolutely heartbroken by my husbands actions.
I failed to mention in my previous posts , that I had faxed a letter last December, to Islamabad withdrawing my support. At that time I really thought I had finally ended this saga. But when immigration called from Heathrow saying they would detain him, I just couldnt do it.
My nerves are shattered. I've got past all the sleepless nights now. You know how it is. And I cant believe one word he tells me. He told me he's lucky to have 2 wives! I can see why. One gives him freedom to travel, the other lives in his home in Pakistan looking after his mother.
I'm so tired, but somehow I want to believe that he loves me. Yet all the signs are not good. We have lived apart for 9months now, with the occasional visit. I'll have to resolve this soon. It affects my everyday life in many ways. Logically it will never work. Any further advice greatly appreciated. :)
I know how you feel Martha...I'm truly sorry.
But do we what have to, teach these people a lesson that it isn't alright to ruin someones life and break their heart.

People in Pakistan have to understand we're not a joke, and wont be taken for mugs!!!

Everything will work out, stay strong Inshallah!
Last edited by johnboy096 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martha

Post by martha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:46 pm

When I became muslim 5 years ago, I trusted all muslims. Especially those that came from Islamic countries such as Pakistan. Then I met my husband. He also knew that I had trust problems. He often used to say that British men are bad, with morals and such. Yet I am now convinced that he was already engaged to this other girl, and didnt tell me. I dont know his reasons. Logic tells me 'paperwork'. My heart always tells me something different. That's part of my trouble isnt it.
And logically, his family back home find it hard to survive. Good jobs are hard to find there. So getting money was the reason he came here in the first place. He still needs to get money. And he needs to keep me sweet. But he isnt very good at it at all. He completely ignores my emotional needs. Yet I always have been there for him, come rain or shine.
I always understood his problems and tensions. He has many. For a long time I could handle that, but after his other marriage I started to realise that his tensions dont have to be mine. The truth is, I have enough of my own these days.
He was also the love of my life, doubt I can find someone similar. I still love him to bits, but as you have said, the lies kill you a bit more each time. I completely understand this.
He tells me he has 'completely changed' for the better. Doesnt seem that way. I dont believe him any more. Everything he says, then Iam always wondering what his motive is. Occasionally he says he is only here for me, and that he will go home if I tell him too. He also says I can go and live over there and he will buy me a house. I know he feels terribly guilty about all of this. But I think he must be bluffing with these suggestions.
And yes, I agree with you. All of us in the same situation, must be strong and face these people that use us as a meal ticket.
I must decide whether to see a solicitor and start the ball rolling, or whether I should discuss this further with him. My hunch is that I should make an appointment for legal advice ASAP. Thanks Johnboy.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:25 pm

martha wrote:johnboy, Salaams :) thanks for your reply. Having read your story on the link your posted, this goes on far too often. I am absolutely heartbroken by my husbands actions.
The signs are not good? You are completely deluding yourself. he is freaking kicking you in the face and spitting on you.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:31 pm

If you had mentioned to immigration that he had a second wife, he would have been refused to enter, I believe. Furthermore, bigamy is illegal in the UK.
I don't believe that he would have grounds to remain in the UK beyond October 2008 unless he applies in his own right, as an established businessman, for example.

I also believe that once you discovered he married someone else, you should have put up with him. Do you think you deserve that sort of relationship??

Best wishes

Jeff

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:40 am

is this immigrationboards or the jeremy kyle show online? looks more and more like the latter. especially seeing the link to that lollywood sideshow in the other post which one of the respondents above has given regarding his problems, on the board which drove victoria and many others nuts.

these people deserve what they get, losers still want the abusers (so called) back. not only are they getting screwed. they are screwing hard working tax paying general public as well with their actions. what with getting bankrupt bankrolling fraudsters and bigamists and ending up on benefits. and still they want their so called abusers. who got screwed the tax paying public footing the bill with bancruptcies, supporting benefits these people draw to fund their fraudster spouses, while they are still looking forward to getting laid with the fraudsters. no problems with what they do. but not with the tax payers footing the bill for the escapades by footing benefit bills, AIT bills and all related immigration expenses, waste of police time etc etc etc. it would be better if these jokers made up with their 'better' halves atleast the general public wouldnt (hopefully) have to foot their bill again. everyone lives happily ever after.i felt sorry for them initially but seeing that they still want to get back with their bigamists / fraudsters, why the hell should they get any sympathy, looks like they deserved what the got (or got supposedly)

ps: surprised to see syh having a softer side :D . thought he/she just cut people to pieces when the didnt do a search or wasted peoples time on the board. time to get mellow i guess

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:04 am

vinay shanthi wrote:is this immigrationboards or the jeremy kyle show online? looks more and more like the latter. especially seeing the link to that lollywood sideshow in the other post which one of the respondents above has given regarding his problems, on the board which drove victoria and many others nuts.

these people deserve what they get, losers still want the abusers (so called) back. not only are they getting screwed. they are screwing hard working tax paying general public as well with their actions. what with getting bankrupt bankrolling fraudsters and bigamists and ending up on benefits. and still they want their so called abusers. who got screwed the tax paying public footing the bill with bancruptcies, supporting benefits these people draw to fund their fraudster spouses, while they are still looking forward to getting laid with the fraudsters. no problems with what they do. but not with the tax payers footing the bill for the escapades by footing benefit bills, AIT bills and all related immigration expenses, waste of police time etc etc etc. it would be better if these jokers made up with their 'better' halves atleast the general public wouldnt (hopefully) have to foot their bill again. everyone lives happily ever after.i felt sorry for them initially but seeing that they still want to get back with their bigamists / fraudsters, why the hell should they get any sympathy, looks like they deserved what the got (or got supposedly)

ps: surprised to see syh having a softer side :D . thought he/she just cut people to pieces when the didnt do a search or wasted peoples time on the board. time to get mellow i guess
Hear Hear!! 8) 8)

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:30 am

vinay shanthi wrote:
I told you I was nice. You just don't know it

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:54 am

vinay shanthi wrote:is this immigrationboards or the jeremy kyle show online? looks more and more like the latter. especially seeing the link to that lollywood sideshow in the other post which one of the respondents above has given regarding his problems, on the board which drove victoria and many others nuts.

Excuse me Shanthi!!!
We DESERVE WHAT WE GOT?!!!

If you read the post I stated that I loved her, not that I wanted her back chump!

It is an IMMIGRATION ISSUE - as they're scamming people!!!

People need to be aware - don't comment if you haven't got anything constructive to say, Martha wanted some advice and EMPATHY!!!

And I don't want you to feel sorry for me, only a lesser man would want your pity!!!

Good to see Humanity is alive and kicking!!!

Oh and Martha, John has a point you need to tell the authorities he's committing bigamy - get rid of the loser!

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm

johnboy and martha

dont get me wrong people like me or the others on the board have nothing to gain by putting people like you down. let me give u an analogy. when a child is feeling low and things dont go their way, it is easy to give it what the child wants, but what it wants might not be in its best interest. sometimes saying the harsh truth does a better job of helping than just baby sitting. its time for you to grow up or decide to keep wallowing in your sob story and keep yourself and the others around you miserable. ya u had a tough break, thats life, do u want a solution or to continue to cry till eternity. your choice. people like me are just trying to jolt u back to reality. we dont gain anything by laughing at you (and i am not laughing at you. just go back and look at all your posts on that other thread of yours, just sit back and think it is someone elses story and see what you will advice them. if after doing that you still dont get it, then nothing can help you. people in abusive relationships need to realise for themselves that they need to help themselves first. half the time they add to their own misery by prolonging events. that is just what you and the OP are doing. you only get a shot at life once. its your choice if u want to cry over this till eternity or to join a gym and use a punching bag get some frustration out of your system and get on with life.

i am not going to waste more time on this thread and i really do hope you and the OP dont dwell on these things too much for your own sakes. lifes too short and there is too much to see and do. so what are you waiting for, if you want a better future, then start doing something about it, dont live in the past.

best of luck.

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: My husbands spouse visa, and his other wife!

Post by thsths » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Should I decide that divorce is my best option, how can I go about this? Or should I tell the Home Office that next time he returns to Pakistan to visit, that his visa is completely cancelled? If our marriage is over, then I dont want him to stay in the UK with all the benefits and freedom it gives him.
Why does everybody think that a divorce gives you the right to ban the ex-spouse from the country? This is getting a recurring theme, maybe somebody should turn it into a rubbish. :-)

Anyway, I do not usually give advice in these matter, but in your case you should obviously file for a divorce. Your husband is using you, and until you get a divorce, you are playing his game. But please leave the immigration matters to the Home Office. If you notify them of the situation, everything else is up to them. They may well ban him, but that is not for you to decide.

Tom

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:12 am

Martha - whether you like it or not, you fully supported this man at every crucial stage in getting into this country.

To the outside observer, you've been screwed big time.

Did he ask you permission for his 2nd wife? I think the answer is 'NO' and that should tell you all you need to know about the scumbag.

He will be moving into YOUR house with his wifey #2 before you know it - and you will sign over everything you own in some misplaced loyalty to the guy.

Just get a divorce form this loser. If he refuses, then make a call to the Shariah Council (oh no, the dreaded 'S' word!) - based in Birmingham and get the ball rolling. They'll guide you through step by step.

As for this guy being a Muslim from a Muslim country - my experience is that the best, most humble practicers of their faith are actually from outside the Islamic countries.

Good luck - and do whats right for YOU from now.

martha

Post by martha » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks for all the replies.
Actually I didnt come here to stir up a hornets nest. I came to ask for practical advice not sympathy, but felt it important to explain the situation. As for me receiving benefits, I have worked hard and paid my due, so I am entitled to these things. He is'nt entitled to anything from the government, so he doesnt get anything. His issues are different to mine on that score. When I am well, then I shall work. But that depends if I need to have this back operation or not. So my emotional worries have no bearing on my health issues.
Some can understand my situtation, because they have experienced similar. And actually I do have a heart when it comes to making decisions. That's just how I am. If you are in any situation, whether its abuse from a partner for example, you cant always see things black or white. Only outsiders can see things differently. I know the statistics on cases such as mine. I agree, many use good people for their own ends regarding ILR for example. But
I dont sit and wallow in my situation. Not at all. I need practical advice from those who can knowingly give it. I dont need anyone to tell me to 'get a life'. But perhaps a solicitor is the best to advise. And it isnt correct to say I deserved these things. Nobody deserves injustice from another. But we do all have choices to make in these situations. Thta's what I am trying to do. I worked hard and was decieved. How is that my fault?

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:26 am

martha wrote:Thanks for all the replies.
Actually I didnt come here to stir up a hornets nest. I came to ask for practical advice not sympathy, but felt it important to explain the situation. As for me receiving benefits, I have worked hard and paid my due, so I am entitled to these things. He is'nt entitled to anything from the government, so he doesnt get anything. His issues are different to mine on that score. When I am well, then I shall work. But that depends if I need to have this back operation or not. So my emotional worries have no bearing on my health issues.
Some can understand my situtation, because they have experienced similar. And actually I do have a heart when it comes to making decisions. That's just how I am. If you are in any situation, whether its abuse from a partner for example, you cant always see things black or white. Only outsiders can see things differently. I know the statistics on cases such as mine. I agree, many use good people for their own ends regarding ILR for example. But
I dont sit and wallow in my situation. Not at all. I need practical advice from those who can knowingly give it. I dont need anyone to tell me to 'get a life'. But perhaps a solicitor is the best to advise. And it isnt correct to say I deserved these things. Nobody deserves injustice from another. But we do all have choices to make in these situations. Thta's what I am trying to do. I worked hard and was decieved. How is that my fault?
yes you are entitled to benefits like anyone else. but what i was commenting on is the full story and not jjust one bit of it. obviously you yourself suggest that u r in this mess because of this involvement and u yourself have added to the misery. you willingly got his out of detention by willfully keeping the true facts of the case from the immigration officials and contributed to his release from airport. if the officials had know about the bigamy them possibly their decision would have been different. bigamy is illegal in uk. and you made it possible for a offender as per uk laws to evade possible detention by your actions in withholding actual facts of the case when the immigration officials contacted u. so IT IS YOUR fault as well. who pays the price. the tax paying public for all the immigration enquiries, AIT, police work etc etc etc. obviously you are not paying for the expenses. what you do with your own life is your perogative but people should have some sense of civic duty in any law abiding society. you abbetted the entry into uk of a bigamist and abbetted his release at the airport. so it is your fault. i sympathise with your p[roblems but thats different from condoning with holding relavant facts from govt officials

martha

Post by martha » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 pm

vinay shanthi wrote:
martha wrote:Thanks for all the replies.
yes you are entitled to benefits like anyone else. but what i was commenting on is the full story and not jjust one bit of it. obviously you yourself suggest that u r in this mess because of this involvement and u yourself have added to the misery. you willingly got his out of detention by willfully keeping the true facts of the case from the immigration officials and contributed to his release from airport. if the officials had know about the bigamy them possibly their decision would have been different. bigamy is illegal in uk. and you made it possible for a offender as per uk laws to evade possible detention by your actions in withholding actual facts of the case when the immigration officials contacted u. so IT IS YOUR fault as well. who pays the price. the tax paying public for all the immigration enquiries, AIT, police work etc etc etc. obviously you are not paying for the expenses. what you do with your own life is your perogative but people should have some sense of civic duty in any law abiding society. you abbetted the entry into uk of a bigamist and abbetted his release at the airport. so it is your fault. i sympathise with your p[roblems but thats different from condoning with holding relavant facts from govt officials
For your information, the immigration know my husband has another wife, They know all the details. His other marriage, which took place after ours, was NOT recognised by British law when I reported him., According to UK law he has the right to appeal, like any other. A law has only just been passed that a 2nd Islamic wife in the UK can now receive the same entitlements to a 1st wife. That is out of my hands. I have a strong sense of civic duty thanks. I uphold the law. I was brought up that way. As i have said, and now it will be clear to all, the authorities know all the details about him, me and his other wife. Please remember that I am his first wife, not his second. The deception came from him, not me., and took place after his visa was granted. So I did not abet him. He kept these details from me. I found out later. The damage has been done, by no fault of my own. I am trying to rectify it. Should I decide to not be his sponsor in October, then have no doubt that I will get him removed for deception or any other illegal act he might or might not have committed. And he knows that. I dont like deception, any shape or form. The one good thing to point out, is that I saved the tax payer the expenses of a detention, which, had he waited for an appeal, could have taken 6months + Whilst he remains here and working in the UK, he is paying his tax like any other here. So I have saved the government thousands already. I might be confused about my situation at present, but I am a conscientious , law abiding British born citizen. I dont like anyone taking the p. out of my government. So I guarantee you that.