ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed on Dependent visa.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavam

help needed on Dependent visa.

Post by pavam » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:34 am

Hi All

My husband has just received his Visa approved under HSMP. I did not apply with him as I did not have my passport. Now I have my passport issued. I wish to apply as my husband's dependent.

1. His visa shows No. of Dependents - 0. Will that be a problem?
2. Which form do I need to apply as his dependent?
3. Will my passport, our marriage certificate and marriage pictures be sufficient or do I need more documents to show?
4. How much is the visa Fee?
5. Will he be considered my sponsor?
6. Will he need to fill the sponsorship agreement?
7. Do we need to show all of his documents as well?

What is airside transit Visa? Will we both need that?

Timely information will be appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by pavam on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:46 am

I too have same concerns.
another thing i'd like to add is:
do i need to show any kind of accomodation proof ?
As per VAF2 form, dependants don't need to give any address where they'd be staying at UK, just financial details and sponsor details.

-Ash

reincarnation

Re: help needed on Dependent visa.

Post by reincarnation » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:57 am

pavam wrote:Hi All

My husband has just received his Visa approved under HSMP. I did not apply with him as I did not have my passport. Now I have my passport issued. I wish to apply as my husband's dependent.

1. His visa shows No. of Dependents - 0. Will that be a problem?
2. Which form do I need to apply as his dependent?
3. Will my passport, our marriage certificate and marriage pictures be sufficient or do I need more documents to show?
4. How much is the visa Fee?
5. Will he be considered my sponsor?
6. Will he need to fill the sponsorship agreement?
7. Do we need to show all of his documents as well?

Timely information will be appreciated.

Thanks
1. No issues. You will have the HSMP dependent status in your ppt.
2. VAF2
3. That should be good enough
4. INR 16000
5. Yes
6. Not sure wht agreement you are talking abt
7. Yes, it is advisible

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 am

reincarnation,

which documents of sponsor should be sent?
i thought it would be xerox of passport and xerox of hsmp approval letter.

also can you tell me regarding accomodation proof to be submitted?

-ash

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:57 am

Provide all the docs of the primary applicant and photocopies of all pages of passport. Reg accomodation, provide the same proof provided during the EC approval for primary applicant

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:13 am

Thanks for the info reincarnation.

But the invite letter from my hubby's friend invites only him and not family. still should it be ok ?

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:50 am

Nope..It clearly has to state both of your names and also say who are all the ppl who stay in the apartment, the total number of bedrooms and out of that the sponsor can spare one bedroom for you guys ...

pavam

Post by pavam » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:09 am

Hi ash

Here's the sample of accomodation invitation letter that my brother had sent for my husband's EC.

You may use it by making the necessary changes:

Name:
Address:
Tel Home:
Mobile:
Email Id:

Date:

To,

The Immigration Officer,
British Deputy High Commission,
Chennai-600006,
India.

Sub: Accommodation Invitation for ABC- Passport No XXXX

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform you that I would like to invite Mr. ABC, my brother-in-law, who is applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP). After he arrives in the UK, he will be staying with me, until he finds a suitable job and accommodation.
I have been working and staying in UK for the last X years. I rent a 2-bedroom house at the above address, which is currently occupied by me. I have no problems in accommodating him in my house. I have attached the tenancy agreement as a proof of residence.

I will be accommodating him until he gets a stable job. I would like to assure you that Mr. ABC and I would not claim any public funds in this regard.

If you need any further details with regard to accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Truly,

Name
Tel Home:
Mobile:
Email Id:

Enclosures:

1) Copy of tenancy Agreement
2) Copy of passport pages (First page, Last Page and UK Visa/Work permit page)
3) Copy of Council Tax Bill

Reincarnation: Thanks for all the info u put in but I'm sorry to say that at times you drag it too much and scare people. Sorry if you find this rude. I appreciate all ur inputs.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:45 am

Make sure you edit all the "him" in the letter to reflect "Mr & Mrs ABC" or to that effect...

Pavam,

Now am really wondering which of my posts were scary..Can you pls let me know :)

pavam

Post by pavam » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 am

dont know .... some times i felt... anyhow u r really helping to all.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:35 am

thanks pavam!

The dependent visa application does not ask for the address where the person is going to stay. only the main hsmp applicant needs to state that. hence the proof is required for them. hence i am planning to apply by stating that i'll be travelling to UK only after my husband finds a job and arranges for accomodation.

this has worked for some ppl in this board.. hence giving it a try this way.

-ash

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:33 am

Cool..keep us posted on the updates...

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:30 am

Hi I too need take Dependant Visa soon to my future wife after marriage on this May

I am a HSMP holder working in UK

I am just going for 2 weeks to India for marriage

after marriage I will have hardly 9 days in India. Is it possible to get the dependant Visa for my wife in 9 days so that I can bring my wife along with me?

Or Do I need to sponser visitor visa to her now itself, bring her to UK and then can I apply for dependant (spose) Visa from UK?

anybody Please kindly clarify

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:43 am

hi hari15,

Well we cannot predict how much time the consulate will take to issue the dependant visa.

You will need the marriage certificate and marriage snaps to apply for the visa. Considering your 2 weeks time frame it seems difficult to get the visa in this time.

I think it will be better if you directly apply for the dependant visa soon after marriage.

my 2 cents :-)

-ash

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:51 am

thanks pavam!

One more question in the section 6.3 for dependants there are questions regarding the sponsor's job.
my husband is currently in india and hasn't got a job offer in UK, what do i fill-in, those sections like Company name in UK, phone number etc ?

pls help.

-ash
pavam wrote:Hi ash

Here's the sample of accomodation invitation letter that my brother had sent for my husband's EC.

You may use it by making the necessary changes:

Name:
Address:
Tel Home:
Mobile:
Email Id:

Date:

To,

The Immigration Officer,
British Deputy High Commission,
Chennai-600006,
India.

Sub: Accommodation Invitation for ABC- Passport No XXXX

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform you that I would like to invite Mr. ABC, my brother-in-law, who is applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP). After he arrives in the UK, he will be staying with me, until he finds a suitable job and accommodation.
I have been working and staying in UK for the last X years. I rent a 2-bedroom house at the above address, which is currently occupied by me. I have no problems in accommodating him in my house. I have attached the tenancy agreement as a proof of residence.

I will be accommodating him until he gets a stable job. I would like to assure you that Mr. ABC and I would not claim any public funds in this regard.

If you need any further details with regard to accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Truly,

Name
Tel Home:
Mobile:
Email Id:

Enclosures:

1) Copy of tenancy Agreement
2) Copy of passport pages (First page, Last Page and UK Visa/Work permit page)
3) Copy of Council Tax Bill

Reincarnation: Thanks for all the info u put in but I'm sorry to say that at times you drag it too much and scare people. Sorry if you find this rude. I appreciate all ur inputs.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:38 am

Ash,

You can leave it blank....

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi ppl,

I recently got my EC done under HSMP and planning to travel by end of this month. I have to go there and search for a job.

Now I am thinking that it is better to get the dependent visa for my wife. Based on the discussions that have happened in this thred, i think it is possible to apply for my wife's dependent visa, even though I am still in Bangalore, with out a job in UK. Can someone please confirm this? "ash123", you seem to be in the same situation.

please advise me.

Thanks
Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

pavam

Post by pavam » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:25 am

Hi 1476

Even I'm in the same position. I've EC but still in India- Bangalore, applying for jobs. I'm also applying for my wife's Visa in a month's time. We can apply for their visa while in India. All we need to show is enuf funds and where we'll be accommodating them.

Hari

I can't really say about the current time frame. My Brother had applied for my Bhabi's visa in March 2007 and it took him exact 3 weeks to get the visa. They had applied from Chandigarh VFS.

Hope you get it early. Wish you all the best.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Ash,

Did you apply for the EC? Waiting for you to share your experience..I'm planning to apply for my wife's EC next week based on this...

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:50 am

Hi All,

I already have my EC under HSMP and I am still in Bangalore. For applying for a dependent visa for my wife, these are the documents that I am planning to supply:

- Wife's passport
- VFS2 and photograph
- visa fee of 16000
- Marriage certificate

- Copy of my HSMP approval letter
- Copy of my passport (which includes the EC copy as well)
- My bank statement (I had taken one during my EC application, i.e. back in Jan. Can I produce the same?). If I need to take a latest one, there is a slight issue. I had shown 6 lakhs during my EC. Now, I have moved my funds and have only 4 lakhs. Is that a problem?

- Updated Invitation and Sponsorship letter (with my wife's name as well) from my sponsor in UK.
- Sponsor's bank statements (again, I have these till Jan. Do I need to get the updated ones from him?)
- Sponsor's passport/WP copy
- Sponsor's tenancy agreement
- Sponsor's util bills (these are also till Jan only)
- Sponsor's council tax receipts

Please let me know if I am correct. I want to get this done before the new rules. I think as per the new rules, for dependents, you need to show 3 months of sponsor's bank detials etc, which means after I get a job there, I have to wait for 3 months before I can process a dependent visa for my wife.

Thanks
Vikram

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 am

CAn someone please confirm if the set of documents that I have given is complete or not?

Thanks
Vikram

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I have recieved my HSMP last month and I'm presently in UK. I need to aply for my wife's visa.
Do I need to aapply as per the new rules??
As per the new rules ,you need to show 3 months bank statements.Can someone clarify do I need to wait for 3 months to show the bank statements of UK or I can show the mix of India and Uk account.
Also, what are the fund limits???
Guys pls help as tis has created lot of confusion and problem..

Regards,
Manish

pavam

Post by pavam » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi Vikram

1.You definitely need to include your marriage pictures. Not digital ones.
2. Sponsor's Bank Statements wont be necessary but ur's will be. Don't forget to include recent ones.
3. Do confirm Visa Fee from VFS. As per new rules it's 400 pounds = 32k approx.
4. 4 Lacs INR = 6484 GBP. Don't think that should be a problem. As per new rules maintainance amt is arnd 2800 GBP per person. Logically for 2 ppl it should be around 5600 GBP. So you should do fine. I wonder what I'll do >.........??
5. No where does it say that 3 mnths bank statements should be of U.K. . Whether in India or U.K. all you need to prove is that you have sufficient funds to take care of your dependents. You wont use public funds.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... /applying/

All the Best :D

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:34 am

32k for a dependent visa? But I dont see any such thing on the VFS website...

2800GBP is for the primary applicant. And 2/3rd of it for a single dependent. So, that should be around 4666 GBP for a family of two viz., husband and wife.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:31 am

I checked with VFS reagarding the dependent visa fee. It is still 16000. Probably from April, it will be 32K. One more reason to get the dependent visa dont RIGHT NOW.