ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp question please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Youngclan
Newly Registered

Flr fp as a parent but here on a tourist visa

Post by Youngclan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm

My situation is I was here on a student visa
Met my partner we lived together 2.5 yrs
We had a baby towards the end of the visa.
We went to the states as I didn't want to over stay.
We returned and I am here on antourist visa.
I've been advised to do the flr fp application as a parent because my partner can't move as he has a joint custody court order w another child but no one can care for my son other then me as my partner works 9-9 and his mum is disabled.
He can't come to the states w me as I have no other place to live then my moms and she has mental health issues amongst other reasons.

My question. Is has anyone ever been approved under a visitor visa??? Is it even worth the risk?? I'm not sure what to do as my partner makes just under the financial requirement for a paetner visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Flr fp as a parent but here on a tourist visa

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:02 pm

You'd be very lucky to be granted a visit visa switch in country, normally would have to be something really compassionate - like a terminal illness, civil war, tsunami etc.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flr fp as a parent but here on a tourist visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Besides Wanderer's advice, if you live with your partner you cannot apply using the parent route. You must apply using the partner route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Flr fp question please help

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:17 pm

What is the nationality of the baby?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Youngclan
Newly Registered

Re: Flr fp question please help

Post by Youngclan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 am

The baby is British.
We can't live in the states as I wouldn't be able to afford living alone ñ in NYC (i usually lived w my mom and siblings) and my mother has a really bad mental illness, we got two letters from two psychiatrists stating it isn't safe to have a child living in our household.
Plus he can't go to the USA without a USA passport as they told me a child w the right to citizenship can't enter the country with a visitor visa. I tried to get his USA passport her and they want my naturalisation form, which my mother (in one of her episodes) shredded. I've ordered it but it can take up to a year.

In the uk my partner works 9-9 he can't moves as he has joint custody court order for his other son, I take care of him the weeks he is with us. There is no one else here to care for my son, and im not allowed to take him? Even his grand mother here is disabled. Her hands don't work so no one else to care for him and if my partner quits his job he will have to live on benefits and it won't be enough for his other kids. I've been here the past three years, have a job offer but their non profit so can't do work visa. I'm really lost in what to do.

Youngclan
Newly Registered

Post by Youngclan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Obie wrote:What is the nationality of the baby?
Obie the baby is British.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Well there is a reasonably good prospect of success.

Youngclan
Newly Registered

Post by Youngclan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:07 am

Obie wrote:Well there is a reasonably good prospect of success.
Thanks obie

I actually went yesterday To my premium service appointment.
First they said I can't apply as a parent because me and partner are still together so I changed my application and applied as a partner.
She then called me back and told me that usually they would reject me due to me being a visitor. That automatically disqualifies me BUT because of the situation with my son they are going to pass it up to seniors and put the application on hold. They are doing this because apparently there was a Supreme Court hearing that affect cases that don't qualify but with children? (I don't get how I don't qualify she even commented how much evidence I had- it's probably the visitor thing) And that I have a case like that and they are deciding now how this is going to affect applications and how to apply it. Know anything about that?

Anyway.. now it's a wait but thankfully she said I can stay here w my son while I wait and she said it's a good thing I didn't overstay as my leave now is just extended til they decide but apparently some have been waiting for months :/

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:47 am

Great so financial requirement considered now for flr fp.

Youngclan
Newly Registered

Post by Youngclan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 am

alphagear wrote:Great so financial requirement considered now for flr fp.
Not sure.
When she told me to change to the partner route I mentioned that he made just under the financial requirement and she replied it doesn't apply in this application but online it says it does.

According to her their reconsidering most cases that involved children but can't fulfill the criteria. And a lot of ppl have already been waiting...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:54 am

You should never had gone for premium, it is likely to fail and you lose your money, as your case is pretty complex. The rules precludes visitors from switching from within the UK.

Youngclan
Newly Registered

Post by Youngclan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:15 am

Obie wrote:You should never had gone for premium, it is likely to fail and you lose your money, as your case is pretty complex. The rules precludes visitors from switching from within the UK.

Yea the case worker said that. She also said it's a good thing I did tho as I won't be classed as an overstayer and my date to leave was today. She said the same about the visitor visa but she said her senior said they are going to consider me because if I leave my child has no care and he can't come to my home country. My partner can't leave as he he a joint custody court order for his other child who is also British and has grown up w me. I hope this new judgement helps, if not I don't know what I'm going to do.