ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VeejM

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 am

CR001 wrote:Members are reminded that any form of social media links or contact information is not permitted to be posted on the forum.

This topic again, is heading the same way as the last one that was locked, apparently taken over by a small number of members and low value posts.
I Would like to take the opportunity to apologies for my folly earlier on and I don't want to incite or promote any type of uprising or protest as this was said out of frustration.

Thanks CR001 for the kind reminders.

Lets be remorseful but not militant....

Regards
Veej

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 am

so....

today it will be the 12 weeks, the 60th day...

what are the chances I will get an email from the FCO?
Did anyone get contacted on the 60th day?

Checking my emails every 30mins since 8.00am....

Lets hope something happens..

thewallstreetmonkey
Newly Registered

Post by thewallstreetmonkey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 am

Applied priority mid-May and requested escalation via paid e-mail service 13 working days ago. Received an email response today saying that they cannot look into the status of application before 12 weeks SLA is completed. Has anyone had similar experiences and what are the chances of receiving an outcome when 12 weeks (60 working days) is over?

PBP
Newly Registered

Post by PBP » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:31 am

thewallstreetmonkey wrote:Applied priority mid-May and requested escalation via paid e-mail service 13 working days ago. Received an email response today saying that they cannot look into the status of application before 12 weeks SLA is completed. Has anyone had similar experiences and what are the chances of receiving an outcome when 12 weeks (60 working days) is over?
We have been waiting 14 weeks now and sent many paid emails but had nothing, I'm going to see our MP again, but I would also like to know that if the 12 weeks are over and they didn't send a 'hold email' during these 12 weeks what more can be done about it.

PBP
Newly Registered

Post by PBP » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:36 am

Mozah110 wrote:Hi,

This forum been very useful to me. I have a similar problem with my wife's spouse visa.

Me and my wife applied in person at Bangkok VFS office, with priority service on 24th Feb 2017. So been 22weeks now. Since we applied, heard nothing back, no emails for the pause, no emails for the delayed or complex. When ever we called the paid helpline, they tell us the application is 'awaiting decision' - like it's been like this for months! I asked them about pause and delays... they no nothing! It's really frustrating. Me and my wife spent our wedding anniversary apart.

My salary shown is as director of a company, have shown full year accounts, with payslips of my salary which adds upto 38k a year! All the paperwork been spot on as me and my solicitor worked days to just get everything perfect.

As I can afford priority service, thought I go with it, and went bangkok and spend mini holiday with my wife whilst we wait for the decision. Unfortunately, had to come back and now been sooo long! No answer from anywhere. I have escalated the case more than 5 times now. Nothing! Seriously think the people working behind the paid call, are rip offs! They know nothing!

Can anyone please help me and share your opinion?
I understand, being a director/ self employed could delay it, but I didn't receive any emails stating this. And no one asked to provide any extra documents. Status now is 'awaiting decision' (accorodng to the service call)

Thank you in advance.
I am also self employed (sole trader) and my husband has been away from his home (U.K) for 6 months whilst going through this application process. We didn't get any emails until after the 12 week publishing standard, on the 13th week they said it wasn't straightforward, then sent another email email asking for a NARIC letter to support his degree (but his degree was obtained in the U.K), it just feels like they have no clue and whilst they are looking for excuses to pro-long his application they are forcing us apart, and its killing me... it's just cruel.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 am

I have great sympathy with all involved...
My wife yesterday who's applied from Rome has given up on any hope...
I try tell her reasons why the delay etc, but its not helping as she really is frustrated and annoyed with the whole thing... thinks it will be rejected etc.

Pray there will be some news soon... :cry:

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:38 pm

thewallstreetmonkey wrote:Applied priority mid-May and requested escalation via paid e-mail service 13 working days ago. Received an email response today saying that they cannot look into the status of application before 12 weeks SLA is completed. Has anyone had similar experiences and what are the chances of receiving an outcome when 12 weeks (60 working days) is over?
We applied priority in April. Decison was communicated to us after 58 working days by email to my wife. The actual decision was made on the 57th working day. I have an email response from them and was told when I called them that they count day 1 as the day after biometrics. They and my MP also told me nothing can be escalated until at east 60 working days have passed.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

SimonS wrote:
We applied priority in April. Decison was communicated to us after 58 working days by email to my wife. The actual decision was made on the 57th working day. I have an email response from them and was told when I called them that they count day 1 as the day after biometrics. They and my MP also told me nothing can be escalated until at east 60 working days have passed.

So what happens to the priority service you paid for? does that money go straight into their pockets knowing fair well they didn't respond within the 12 weeks?

You may have answered this already, sorry for any naivety if so...

Thanks

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Also I have read this on another forum from a user whose on the 60 days:

"I just received this!!! Exactly 60 working days after biometrics taken and docs scanned

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact"

I went through TLS Rome, so seeing this gives a glimmer of hope.... what do you think fellow members?

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Please kindly can anyone tell me that appeal against refusal has any effect on the 2nd new application??today i received letter in which my hearing date is 21st september 2017.mine first application was refused on 7 feb 2017.but i have applied again on 5th may today is my 61 day after biometric but i heard nothing from ukvi.i m worried that it may be due to my appeal that my application is still awaiting...

Maham44
Newly Registered

Post by Maham44 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 pm

I paid for priority service before this i applied at standard service and got decision after 52 working days.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Maham44 wrote:I paid for priority service before this i applied at standard service and got decision after 52 working days.
I hope you hear something soon...
Its killer as youve paid alot in fees as well.

I have a feeling the Indian/pak/bangla/russia or any asia country are having a long wait...
Is that a trend or is it just the pick of the hat?

Whatever the case, I may aswell aplly to become a Immigration Officer and help the the Sheffield centre at this rate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:03 pm

VeejM wrote:
Maham44 wrote:I paid for priority service before this i applied at standard service and got decision after 52 working days.

I have a feeling the Indian/pak/bangla/russia or any asia country are having a long wait...

Whatever the case, I may aswell aplly to become a Immigration Officer and help the the Sheffield centre at this rate! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously would love to help HO and work for them ... don't mind overtime as well ... :))

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:

Seriously would love to help HO and work for them ... don't mind overtime as well ... :))

Haha! Sign me up!

Sorry for those who may be frustrated, sometimes a little humour helps ease the pain... and trust me, i know how most of you are feeling...lets not lose hope....

kipara001
Newly Registered

Post by kipara001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Im on my 53rd working day and i was thinking if it'd be wise to pay for priority now to speed things up. the wait is the worst LoL

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

kipara001 wrote:Im on my 53rd working day and i was thinking if it'd be wise to pay for priority now to speed things up. the wait is the worst LoL
Priority is the "bait" that will trap you LOL ... some are lucky to have avoided it and end up saving their money... wish I did now... :roll:

elada
Newly Registered

Post by elada » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:39 pm

VeejM wrote:so....

Hi VeejM,

I have applied in London, changing from student to Spouse visa and it's been 94 working days and i haven't heard anything from them. Every time that I call they just say it's waiting for a decision, as if i can't see it on the online system. I just gave up. I think it's not that all our cases have smth wrong cause mine for example my husband has a salary of 24k, have a son who has British passport and still they need 5months (or even more cause I don't know when they are going to send any letter) to decide if I will take it or not. It's a nightmare. My holidays were ruined, cause my husband went alone with my son in Greece (and unfortunately my son felt sick and hospitalised for 3 days) and I was here and crying cause i couldn't go close to my son. Now i gave up, I am not stressed anymore cause they will send a letter whenever they want. Tell to your wife not to worry cause im sure in the end she will get the visa, just matter of time.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:40 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:

Haha! Sign me up!

Sorry for those who may be frustrated, sometimes a little humour helps ease the pain... and trust me, i know how most of you are feeling...lets not lose hope....
Yeah sorry guys !! Guess it's our frustration only coz of that we are saying all this !! Really hope and pray we all get the good news asap and leave this forum for good :)

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:45 pm

VeejM wrote:
kipara001 wrote:Im on my 53rd working day and i was thinking if it'd be wise to pay for priority now to speed things up. the wait is the worst LoL
Priority is the "bait" that will trap you LOL ... some are lucky to have avoided it and end up saving their money... wish I did now... :roll:
VeejM any news ?!? Email ?!?!

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:54 pm

elada wrote:
VeejM wrote:so....

Hi VeejM,

I have applied in London, changing from student to Spouse visa and it's been 94 working days and i haven't heard anything from them. Every time that I call they just say it's waiting for a decision, as if i can't see it on the online system. I just gave up. I think it's not that all our cases have smth wrong cause mine for example my husband has a salary of 24k, have a son who has British passport and still they need 5months (or even more cause I don't know when they are going to send any letter) to decide if I will take it or not. It's a nightmare. My holidays were ruined, cause my husband went alone with my son in Greece (and unfortunately my son felt sick and hospitalised for 3 days) and I was here and crying cause i couldn't go close to my son. Now i gave up, I am not stressed anymore cause they will send a letter whenever they want. Tell to your wife not to worry cause im sure in the end she will get the visa, just matter of time.
Hi Elada,

Thats terrible.... and your situation is alot harder to take than mine. :cry:
Seriously tho... this goverment has no heart for certain ones in dire straits and hard up situations.
I really do hope that they can turn a tide and sort out all this mess as thats how it feels right now.
Hope you hear something soon and hang in there... all us Forum Members are with you! :wink:

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Hi Geet1328!

Nothing as of yet, checked the online tracker, still showing as: Awaiting Descision
And nothing new on the emails as I refresh it every 10 mins!

I wanna cry but i cant because I'm at work... :P

Will update if I receive anything.

kipara001
Newly Registered

Post by kipara001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:03 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Hi Geet1328!

Nothing as of yet, checked the online tracker, still showing as: Awaiting Descision

Fingers crossed

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:07 pm

kipara001 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:

Hi Geet1328!

Fingers crossed
Thanks! I think just about everything is crossed.... lets hope its not my application! :lol:

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:16 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Hi Geet1328!

Oh !! But don't worry ... very sooon you will message your good news :)
" cry " yeah ... but I am above this now .. wanna kill someone ... so frustrated.. sorry !!

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Oh !! But don't worry ... very sooon you will message your good news :)
" cry " yeah ... but I am above this now .. wanna kill someone ... so frustrated.. sorry !!

Ahhh yeah, not on that level just there yet but I'm sure it wont take long unless a miracle happens and its all wrapped up in this week! :shock: