ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made no collection call

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kakaman

Decision made no collection call

Post by Kakaman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 am

Its been 12 working days since decision made but there is no collection call or email

Geet1328
India

Re: Decision made no collection call

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:40 am

Kakaman wrote:Its been 12 working days since decision made but there is no collection call or email
When did you apply
M

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Biometric on 24th submission in 3 may

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Kakaman,

same for me. 12 working days today since "Decided" but my wife has still not been contacted to collect her passport or the decision. It's outrageous. What have you done to try to escalate?

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:16 pm

SimonS wrote:Hi Kakaman,

same for me. 12 working days today since "Decided" but my wife has still not been contacted to collect her passport or the decision. It's outrageous. What have you done to try to escalate?

Cheers
Simon
I didn't escalated it as I heard it takes nearly 10 working days as well
What travel dates you provided ?
Plus does it mean rejection because they are giving it to other people with visa approval

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:46 pm

Our travel date was 20th May!! Think we've ever so slightly missed that, so much for a priority service lol

I can't think of any reason for it to be rejected. They never put us on hold or contacted us for extra information throughout the entire process. I earn 4 x more than the MIR by Cat A salaried employment, same employer for over 3 years. I would have thought if it was a rejection they would have sent it straight away. They have not refunded the IHS fee.

I agree, it's unnerving that we find ourselves in this situation, but until today, I thought I was the only one. I'll be calling them in the morning. Will update on what they tell me.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:57 am

SimonS wrote:Our travel date was 20th May!! Think we've ever so slightly missed that, so much for a priority service lol

I can't think of any reason for it to be rejected. They never put us on hold or contacted us for extra information throughout the entire process. I earn 4 x more than the MIR by Cat A salaried employment, same employer for over 3 years. I would have thought if it was a rejection they would have sent it straight away. They have not refunded the IHS fee.

I agree, it's unnerving that we find ourselves in this situation, but until today, I thought I was the only one. I'll be calling them in the morning. Will update on what they tell me.
They are insane . Got an email today and guess what got the visa travel dates were from 17 to 18 th july . I only have 18 days

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:29 am

Kakaman wrote:
SimonS wrote:Our travel date was 20th May!! Think we've ever so slightly missed that, so much for a priority service lol

They are insane . Got an email today and guess what got the visa travel dates were from 17 to 18 th july . I only have 18 days
Fantastic that you got the Visa. However, that is completely out of order. I'm astonished! So the good news is you got the Visa? The ridiculous bit is that the Visa is valid from 17th July to 18th August?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:31 am

SimonS wrote:
Kakaman wrote:

Fantastic that you got the Visa. However, that is completely out of order. I'm astonished! So the good news is you got the Visa? The ridiculous bit is that the Visa is valid from 17th July to 18th August?
Visas applied outside the UK are only issued as a vignette with a validity of 30 days, so this is normal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:41 am

CR001 wrote:
SimonS wrote:
Kakaman wrote:

Visas applied outside the UK are only issued as a vignette with a validity of 30 days, so this is normal.
Yes CR001, I understand that. What is ridiculous is that by my understanding, 14 days of the validity period have already elapsed before Kakaman received the Visa!! That is not right. For my own situation my wife has to resign and work 2 weeks notice under Russian employment law. Of course it would be foolish for her to resign until we have the decision. If we receive a Visa with less than 14 days of the validity remaining it will cause huge problems. There are already reports on Russian Social net forums of this happening. It cannot be right. What can done under these circumstances?

Ryanbcfc
Newly Registered

Post by Ryanbcfc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi Simon,

We spoke the other day, im sorry to hear it still does not look like you have had an email for your wife to collect her visa.

My wife got her email to collect today and happy to say we got the visa with the valid date from 3rd August 2017.

We only had our decision made email through on 28th July so really not sure what is taking so long for you.

All i can say is good luck and keep us posted.

Kind Regards
Ryan

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 am

Ryanbcfc wrote:Hi Simon,

We spoke the other day, im sorry to hear it still does not look like you have had an email for your wife to collect her visa.

My wife got her email to collect today and happy to say we got the visa with the valid date from 3rd August 2017.

We only had our decision made email through on 28th July so really not sure what is taking so long for you.

All i can say is good luck and keep us posted.

Kind Regards
Ryan
Many congratulations Ryan!! Delighted for you and your wife. Best wishes for the future.

I'm sure at some point they will get round to giving us and everybody else who is waiting our decision too.

Cheers
Simon