ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about Irish citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tersia2010
Newly Registered

question about Irish citizenship

Post by Tersia2010 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:25 am

Hi guys...

I have recently received my Irish Citizenship and are living close to the border of Northern Ireland. My mother joined our family in 2013, as my husband is British she got stamp 4EU fam. She did not get stamp 4 on first application, we had to request a review and she only received the full Stamp 4 a year later. She has all her visa's stamped into her passport since arriving and can apply for citizenship early 2018.

so now we were wondering, since hearing people doing SS. Is there any way that we can get her legally in Northern Ireland and apply for her citizenship from there, as my sister who received her British citizenship years ago lives in Northern Ireland.

My mother currently holds a UK visit Visa (10 year) and the 5 year Irish Stamp 4EU fam.

thank you

crisbella218
China

Re: question about Irish citizenship

Post by crisbella218 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Tersia2010 wrote:Hi guys...

I have recently received my Irish Citizenship and are living close to the border of Northern Ireland. My mother joined our family in 2013, as my husband is British she got stamp 4EU fam. She did not get stamp 4 on first application, we had to request a review and she only received the full Stamp 4 a year later. She has all her visa's stamped into her passport since arriving and can apply for citizenship early 2018.

so now we were wondering, since hearing people doing SS. Is there any way that we can get her legally in Northern Ireland and apply for her citizenship from there, as my sister who received her British citizenship years ago lives in Northern Ireland.

My mother currently holds a UK visit Visa (10 year) and the 5 year Irish Stamp 4EU fam.

thank you
Irish citizenship in Northern Ireland only applies to those married to an Irish Citizen. It does not apply for any other member of the family. Married applications are based on residence on the Island of Ireland, all others are based on residence within the State (Republic of Ireland). So if your mother was to start living in Northern Ireland she would therefore no longer be building up residence months/years required.

Plus I think SS is mainly to do with married couples and children, not parents. But I'm happy to be corrected on that! Either way if your mother takes up residence in NI no Irish citizenship.