ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abdihakim
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by Abdihakim » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Application for non-EE Family member. Also my EEA family member become British citizen now.

Send application 16/05/2017
Received home office 17/05/2017
Money taken 18/05/2017
Biometric enrolled 07/07/2017 latter data 04/07/2017
Certificate of application with right to work 22/07/2017
Permanent Residence Card still waiting

I have a Question regarding my application for Permanent Residence Card. I made an application for Permanent Residence Card and I just received Certificate Of Application which they says Thank you for your application for a Residence Card which is not the application I made my application was Permanent Residence Card. I would like to know if it's the same Permanent Residence Card and Residence Card? Please could anyone help me with that.

Abdihakim
Newly Registered

Post by Abdihakim » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Crentsil03 wrote:Non eea permanent residence processing
Documents sent on 9th may
HO receive on 10th
Payment taken on 11th
Email confirming ID on 29th June
Biometric letter received on 1st July (dated 29th June)
Biometric enrolled on 3rd July
COA with permission to work on 19th July (dated 16th July)
PR...........awaiting decision
Hi Can you please confirm for me your COA what it says as my one says Thank you for your application for Residence Card and my application was Permanent Residence Card.
Is it the same Residence Card or Permanent Residence Card. Please tell me what you got on your COA. Thank you

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm

My says
Thank you for your application for Permanent residence card.

masoodishere
Newly Registered

Post by masoodishere » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi guys,

i'm quite new to this forum and don't really know under which topic to put this question ... but i'm guessing this 'timeline' will suit it the best ... i need a bit of a advice please ...

i'm an non-eea national ... applied for eea-pr on 28-03-2017 ... bio metric letter received on 22-05-2017 ... certificate of application received on 29-05-2017 ... since then no correspondence from home office ...

i have to travel on 20-09-2017 ... which is just a week short of 6 month window ... i know it's far ahead but i really dont wanna do things at the last minute ... reading the time line of others i've got the idea that usually people receiving their docs with in 6 months window ...

so do you guys reckon shall i ask them for the returns of my documents without withdrawing the application or shall i just withdraw the application ??? or shall i just wait few more days till let's say around end of august ...

any suggestions please ...

gesa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gesa » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello

Could someone please help with the contact number/email of home office center that is concerned with EU permanent residence applications. I sent my application more than a month ago, received email confirmation with case number but have not received yet the letter asking to submit biometric information.

Thank you very much

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:33 pm

gesa wrote:Hello

Could someone please help with the contact number/email of home office center that is concerned with EU permanent residence applications. I sent my application more than a month ago, received email confirmation with case number but have not received yet the letter asking to submit biometric information.

Thank you very much

03001232253 Dont expect a response. They will say its under process and you will be informed.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:35 pm

masoodishere wrote:Hi guys,

i'm quite new to this forum and don't really know under which topic to put this question ... but i'm guessing this 'timeline' will suit it the best ... i need a bit of a advice please ...

i'm an non-eea national ... applied for eea-pr on 28-03-2017 ... bio metric letter received on 22-05-2017 ... certificate of application received on 29-05-2017 ... since then no correspondence from home office ...

i have to travel on 20-09-2017 ... which is just a week short of 6 month window ... i know it's far ahead but i really dont wanna do things at the last minute ... reading the time line of others i've got the idea that usually people receiving their docs with in 6 months window ...

so do you guys reckon shall i ask them for the returns of my documents without withdrawing the application or shall i just withdraw the application ??? or shall i just wait few more days till let's say around end of august ...

any suggestions please ...
If you ask for your passport it does not mean ur application is withdrawn. They return the passport and sometimes u need remind them.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Abdihakim wrote:
Crentsil03 wrote:Non eea permanent residence processing
Documents sent on 9th may
HO receive on 10th
Payment taken on 11th
Email confirming ID on 29th June
Biometric letter received on 1st July (dated 29th June)
Biometric enrolled on 3rd July
COA with permission to work on 19th July (dated 16th July)
PR...........awaiting decision
Hi Can you please confirm for me your COA what it says as my one says Thank you for your application for Residence Card and my application was Permanent Residence Card.
Is it the same Residence Card or Permanent Residence Card. Please tell me what you got on your COA. Thank you

I think its the same thing. Because first u need to apply for a registration certificate which is later converted into a Permanent Residence card. But do check by calling 03001232253. They may confirm

masoodishere
Newly Registered

Post by masoodishere » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:35 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
If you ask for your passport it does not mean ur application is withdrawn. They return the passport and sometimes u need remind them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for your reply ajitk ... so you suggest it'll be ok if i ask them to return my passport now ??? i shouldn't wait any longer ??? or should i ??? and shall i use to the online link for the returns ???

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

Sunshine786
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine786 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi i have send my PR application with my wife .
I am non eea nation. Working here last six year full time my wife she self employed from 2010 to till 2015.
now .She is full time employed
We have applyed for Pr together on one form.

Application sent 15 November 2016
HOME OFFICE RECEIVE 17 November 2016
Payment taken 18 Novemberover
Biomatric received 22nd November.
Biomatric submitted on 23 November.

PR CARD Receive ????????
Certiface of Application recieved on 6th of December 2016
Its says they will make decision with in six months.
Till now its more than 8 months did not receive PR.
Is any one there who have applyed at same time time ad still waiting?
Thanks

gesa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gesa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:49 am

ajitk1 wrote:
gesa wrote:Hello

Thank you very much

03001232253 Dont expect a response. They will say its under process and you will be informed.
Thank youvery much ajitk for your help.

billy75
Newly Registered

Post by billy75 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:02 am

Non eea applied 19th December 2016
CoA and biometric 9 January 2017
CoA no right of work
Check online status from mid may-not recognised
Checked online status on 29th july-decided on 25th july
Received documents on 31st julyexcluding non eea passport because application refused due to non authentic non eea passport
Non eea passport impounded by UKVI
contacted my embassy on the 1st August,they said passport is authentic but they will reissue me a biometric passport for reconsideration.
My question is will home office treat it as a new application or on going application because that wait is mind blowing
How long does reconsideration of application take please,any ideas.need help.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 am

i wonder why people do not just create a post with their question and keep posting question and discussion on this thread when it is suppose to be for Processing timeline only 8)
GOD BLESS!!!

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:33 am

masoodishere wrote:ajitk1 wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for your reply ajitk ... so you suggest it'll be ok if i ask them to return my passport now ??? i shouldn't wait any longer ??? or should i ??? and shall i use to the online link for the returns ???

Yes it is fine to request for the return of your passport using the online form. Its better to do it early as often they need reminders to comply.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 am

billy75 wrote:Non eea applied 19th December 2016
CoA and biometric 9 January 2017
CoA no right of work
Check online status from mid may-not recognised
Checked online status on 29th july-decided on 25th july
Received documents on 31st julyexcluding non eea passport because application refused due to non authentic non eea passport
Non eea passport impounded by UKVI
contacted my embassy on the 1st August,they said passport is authentic but they will reissue me a biometric passport for reconsideration.
My question is will home office treat it as a new application or on going application because that wait is mind blowing
How long does reconsideration of application take please,any ideas.need help.
Very interesting case. (even if posted in the wrong thread for time line)
As far as I know there is an appeals process and no reconsideration process. That does not take as much time but one needs a lot of extra evidence which does not apply to you. You need to appeal with a letter from the Embassy certifying that the original passport was/is authentic and the new passport has been issued in lieu. I am assuming the impounded passport was issued before biometric passports were made compulsary hence this confusion. But certainly Home office has a variety of tests to determine the authenticity of the passport.

myganet
Newly Registered

Post by myganet » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am

masoodishere wrote:ajitk1 wrote:

It can take you from couple of weeks to couple of months to wait for passport if you ask to return it- consider this. And also how are you going to get back to the country if you don't have Permanent residence and your old EEA permit is with Home office- think about this as well. I had to cancel trip to my friend's wedding as I also haven't received anything yet.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm

It can take you from couple of weeks to couple of months to wait for passport if you ask to return it- consider this. And also how are you going to get back to the country if you don't have Permanent residence and your old EEA permit is with Home office- think about this as well. I had to cancel trip to my friend's wedding as I also haven't received anything yet.[/quote]

This information is very important to consider. I am EU national so this permit issue does not affect me personally. However I see many people here requesting their passport back. Am I to assume that they are all EU nationals? I imagined that the EEA family member permit was an endorsement on the passport.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:16 pm

fatimahh wrote:i wonder why people do not just create a post with their question and keep posting question and discussion on this thread when it is suppose to be for Processing timeline only 8)
I made my own thread and got no response, it's useless. I doubt people notice that. Here is better I guess

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Only ajitk1 straightforward person but helpful. Appreciate the advice ideas you share in this forum

masoodishere
Newly Registered

Post by masoodishere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:25 am

ajitk1 wrote:
Yes it is fine to request for the return of your passport using the online form. Its better to do it early as often they need reminders to comply.
thank you for your suggestion ajitk1 ... i really appreciate it !!!

masoodishere
Newly Registered

Post by masoodishere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:28 am

myganet wrote: It can take you from couple of weeks to couple of months to wait for passport if you ask to return it- consider this. And also how are you going to get back to the country if you don't have Permanent residence and your old EEA permit is with Home office- think about this as well. I had to cancel trip to my friend's wedding as I also haven't received anything yet.
actually my current EEA residence card is valid till october

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 am

I had to cancel my travel due to this bloody Name mistake on my brp, I sent letter to HO explaining the issue that my name writen incorrect on BRP and sent with some copies doc, can someone here tell me how long is waiting maximum to get response to my letter from home office ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am

sahramkhalidi wrote:I had to cancel my travel due to this bloody Name mistake on my brp, I sent letter to HO explaining the issue that my name writen incorrect on BRP and sent with some copies doc, can someone here tell me how long is waiting maximum to get response to my letter from home office ?
CR001 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:Hi

I sent a letter to the Home office regarding my BRP name as I sent email online they said they can't change and it's how it appears on passport can someone tell me please how long it may take for the Home office to reply to letters ???
Can you please stop posting your BRP error/non error questions in this topic which is about PR Processing time only, as you have already been asked to do more than once.

You got extensive advice in the topic below, no locked due to going around in circles.

Extremely Important BRP Name Error Please Help (click(

And you also started the topic linked below on Wednesday in the British Citizenship sub forum, again also receiving many responses.

Very Urgent Please Please Advice (Click)

Strongly suggest you read the forum rules about Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:33 am

[quote="CR001"][quote="sahramkhalidi"]I had to cancel my travel due to this bloody Name mistake on my brp, I sent letter to HO explaining the issue that my name writen incorrect on BRP and sent with some copies doc, can someone here tell me how long is waiting maximum to get response to my letter from home office ?[/quote

This is different one I asked about waiting time for my letter to be respond back I asked, those are useless I didn't get enough respond in them

citizzzen
Newly Registered

Post by citizzzen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:56 am

Guys,

I know this is a timeline thread but this is an urgent question and expertise and advice is highly required and would be very much appreciated.

An EEA applied and a non-EEA have applied for a PR as a joint application on 17th July. Now due to urgent circumstances(sever illness of one of the parents) the non-EEA person has to request the passport back to go and see mother in law(perhaps last time :( . I still have a valid till mid of Sep Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National.

Would it be possible to pause the application and request the passport back for a very short term? What is the process of that?

Thanks in advance