ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of Intent to Marry ( Non-EU & EU national)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Snw93
Newly Registered

Notice of Intent to Marry ( Non-EU & EU national)

Post by Snw93 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a Non-EU Citizen, my fiance is an EU Citizen we gave notice of intent to marry last mounth in the registration Office, couples of weeks later we received two letter one for me one for her from the home office, telling us that they decide to invisgate our marriage if it's a genuine one! After they told us that they decide to invite us for an interview both of us, ( we are going to the interview anyways ) now the problem is : I came to the UK legally, I overstay my Student Visa which mean i'm currently an overstayer... am I at risk for beeing arrested the day of the interview ? Do I have any rights ? Do i need a lawyer to protect me? .... any advice or previous experience are welcome,

Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Notice of Intent to Marry ( Non-EU & EU national)

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:43 am

Snw93 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm a Non-EU Citizen, my fiance is an EU Citizen we gave notice of intent to marry last mounth in the registration Office, couples of weeks later we received two letter one for me one for her from the home office, telling us that they decide to invisgate our marriage if it's a genuine one! After they told us that they decide to invite us for an interview both of us, ( we are going to the interview anyways ) now the problem is : I came to the UK legally, I overstay my Student Visa which mean i'm currently an overstayer... am I at risk for beeing arrested the day of the interview ? Do I have any rights ? Do i need a lawyer to protect me? .... any advice or previous experience are welcome,

Many thanks.
Yes you are at risk of being detained on the day of the interview. Have you been given the right to attend with a legal representative?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Snw93
Newly Registered

Post by Snw93 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:09 am

Hello casa,
They didn't say anything abt that, however is writen there that the investigation is focusing on the genuines of the relationship,
So why i will face arrestation if the interview is all abt if our relation is genuine or not and not about my immigration status?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:06 am

Snw93 wrote:Hello casa,
They didn't say anything abt that, however is writen there that the investigation is focusing on the genuines of the relationship,
So why i will face arrestation if the interview is all abt if our relation is genuine or not and not about my immigration status?
Because as you say in your post. you are in the UK illegally as an overstayer. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 am

hello, if you dont have any legal representative pls dont go as u will be detained and deported. from my experience .i even know of some one who was arrested on the weeding day and deported and they had 3 kids

Casa wrote:
Snw93 wrote:Hello everyone,

Many thanks.
Yes you are at risk of being detained on the day of the interview. Have you been given the right to attend with a legal representative?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:00 am

Now that you've popped up within the radar of the Home Office, if the authorities weren't aware of your overstay they certainly are now.

What is stopping you from returning to your home country, marrying there and then applying for an EEA Family Permit to return to the UK legally? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

Snw93
Newly Registered

Post by Snw93 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:21 pm

100kg wrote:hello, if you dont have any legal representative pls dont go as u will be detained and deported. from my experience .i even know of some one who was arrested on the weeding day and deported and they had 3 kids
Hey 100kg,
In my situation we will be interviewed before the wedding will take place which is a little bit good for us, i dont want to be arrested in front of her family the day of our wedding, I went for a consultation the lawyer said that's normal to be interviewd you may be arrested and detained because you are an overstayer but they can't not allow people to get marry if the relation is genuine.

Hello Casa,
We were thinking about that, the process will be more long, and she need to earn more than 18k a year or smthng like that( which is too difficult). The last thing we want is to seperate.

Snw93
Newly Registered

Post by Snw93 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 pm

You can delete this post, thanks :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Snw93 wrote:You can delete this post, thanks :)
Posts are not deleted!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.