ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virat
Newly Registered

Advice on AN form

Post by virat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Respected Gurus

I am an Indian national, eligible to apply for naturalisation on basis of ILR + 1 Year continuous stay in UK. I need clarification on following sections of AN form, could you please help?

1.12 Village or town or city of birth:
My Passport says Mumbai Maharashtra.. Should I fill exactly like this or Just Mumbai as the city is just Mumbai and State is Maharashtra?

1.22 How do you intend to satisfy the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language
and life in the UK? See pages 12 to 16 in the accompanying Booklet AN
P.S - I am confused here which option to tick I did my MS from UK - Do I need to get anything from UK NARIC? and I also take Life in the UK for my ILR.. Should I just tick the option that says
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

1.36 Partner’s present address:
Me and my wife don't live together.. Can I leave it blank as I have got no clue of her UK address.. I have her parents address in Mumbai, India. Should I just mention that? or leave it blank? Does HO send any communication on that address? Just to highlight this is not a BC marriage naturalization case.

1.49 Address of tax office or tax office reference
PS: What to enter here? Is it my company’s tax reference no. that can be usually found on my P60? Or is it something else?

1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been
here for less than 10 years (continue on page 22 and use additional sheets if needed).
P.S when I was a student in Leeds (within 10 years span), did many part time jobs.. some for couple of days.. don't recall the details start /end .. what should I mention about them? Is there a way to get the details?

6.7 BRP enclosed? Yes or No
This is via NCS so won't be submitting my BRP along the application but will be taking to the NCS .. What should I opt? Yes or No..

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on AN form

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm

My Passport says Mumbai Maharashtra.. Should I fill exactly like this or Just Mumbai as the city is just Mumbai and State is Maharashtra?
Mumbai is fine
1.22 How do you intend to satisfy the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language
P.S - I am confused here which option to tick I did my MS from UK - Do I need to get anything from UK NARIC? and I also take Life in the UK for my ILR.. Should I just tick the option that says
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
UK degree on its own is fine.
Me and my wife don't live together.. Can I leave it blank as I have got no clue of her UK address.. I have her parents address in Mumbai, India. Should I just mention that? or leave it blank? Does HO send any communication on that address? Just to highlight this is not a BC marriage naturalization case.
Assuming you are separated etc, just write 'details not known'. HO do not contact your spouse.
PS: What to enter here? Is it my company’s tax reference no. that can be usually found on my P60? Or is it something else?
On your P60, or ask HR.
1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been
here for less than 10 years (continue on page 22 and use additional sheets if needed).
P.S when I was a student in Leeds (within 10 years span), did many part time jobs.. some for couple of days.. don't recall the details start /end .. what should I mention about them? Is there a way to get the details?
Yes you must mention ALL employment, even part time. Write as much detail as you can.
This is via NCS so won't be submitting my BRP along the application but will be taking to the NCS .. What should I opt? Yes or No..
Yes or leave blank and NCS can tell you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks a lot CR001.. There are a few queries still.. will appreciate your help on them.. Highlighted in Red colour below

CR001 wrote:
Mumbai is fine

28th October 2013;
UK degree on its own is fine.

But what option should I select here - Should I just tick the option that says
28th October 2013; Also what proof can I submit for this.. MY BRP?

Assuming you are separated etc, just write 'details not known'. HO do not contact your spouse.
On your P60, or ask HR.
Yes you must mention ALL employment, even part time. Write as much detail as you can.

Is there a way where I can get all details..Does HMRC has all these details? Can I get it anyhow.. Or I just provide an estimate on start and end of employment..
Yes or leave blank and NCS can tell you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:42 pm

1. Yes tick that box. You should still take the supporting documents to NCS and submit them/copies of them.

2. Yes HMRC but they might not have details going back so far. Worth a try but it takes a couple of weeks to get the information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks CR001
2. Yes HMRC but they might not have details going back so far. Worth a try but it takes a couple of weeks to get the information.
For this .. I will try to contact HMRC.. But incase I don't get all the 10 years trail back .. Can I just fill what's there to the best of my knowledge.. Because I know last 6-7 years for sure.. it's part time jobs before that is the issue.. Will that be fine.. ?

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 am

virat wrote:Thanks CR001
Hi CR001, I think I won't get all the 10 years trail back in time.. Can I just fill what's there to the best of my knowledge.. Because I know last 6-7 years for sure.. Will that be fine.. ?

I will appreciate if you can please tell me your point of view on it.. Is this correct ot not.. Or all the employment details are mandatory..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:12 am

Write what you remember and explain in the 'Additional Information' page that you were a student and what your situation was.

Hopefully you did not breach your student visa (if you held one) and worked more than 20 hours per week as permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

virat
Newly Registered

Post by virat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:53 am

Thanks CR001
No I didn't breach the conditions .. Cheers