ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous Residence (Tier1Ent -> Tier2Gen)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wonderberry

Continuous Residence (Tier1Ent -> Tier2Gen)

Post by Wonderberry » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Good morning people,

Me and my wife entered UK in July 2014 (3y ago) on her Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I was listed as a dependent. Currently I am in the process of obtaining Tier 2 General visa with my employer as we had no chances to extend wife's Tier 1 visa. This means that now my wife will be a dependent.

Neither of us left the the country for more than 180 days. I also read ILR policy and it says that Tier 2 and Tier 1 can be combined, but it does not specify details for dependents.

I am wondering if one of us will be able to apply for ILR in 2 year time (5y since we entered in 2014)?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Continuous Residence (Tier1Ent -> Tier2Gen)

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 pm

If she switches to PBS dependent, she will only qualify for ILR after 5 years as a PBS Dependent. She is not able to combine PBS main visa category time and PBS dependent category time.

Same applies to you. You will have to spend 5 years on Tier 2 General before you qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wonderberry

Post by Wonderberry » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm

CR001 wrote:If she switches to PBS dependent, she will only qualify for ILR after 5 years as a PBS Dependent. She is not able to combine PBS main visa category time and PBS dependent category time.

Same applies to you. You will have to spend 5 years on Tier 2 General before you qualify for ILR.

Oh, that's a shame....

Thank you!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:45 pm

dont forget, u have to apply from home country. Cant apply within uk