ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elada
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by elada » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:29 pm

VeejM wrote:so....

Hi VeejM,

I have applied in London, changing from student to Spouse visa and it's been 94 working days and i haven't heard anything from them. Every time that I call they just say it's waiting for a decision, as if i can't see it on the online system. I just gave up. I think it's not that all our cases have smth wrong cause mine for example my husband has a salary of 24k, have a son who has British passport and still they need 5months (or even more cause I don't know when they are going to send any letter) to decide if I will take it or not. It's a nightmare. My holidays were ruined, cause my husband went alone with my son in Greece (and unfortunately my son felt sick and hospitalised for 3 days) and I was here and crying cause i couldn't go close to my son. Now i gave up, I am not stressed anymore cause they will send a letter whenever they want. Tell to your wife not to worry cause im sure in the end she will get the visa, just matter of time.
Hi Elada,

Thats terrible.... and your situation is alot harder to take than mine. :cry:
Seriously tho... this goverment has no heart for certain ones in dire straits and hard up situations.
I really do hope that they can turn a tide and sort out all this mess as thats how it feels right now.
Hope you hear something soon and hang in there... all us Forum Members are with you! :wink:
[/quote]

Hi VeejM,

That's ok but i am just saying that with HO it's all normal. I think from all this thing I learned how to wait and be patient :P I think I will hear smth from them after 10th of August, when they will start considering all on hold applications (even though i don't know if my is on hold or not). Anyway hope you receive good news as soon as possible :)

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:33 pm

VeejM wrote:
SimonS wrote:
thewallstreetmonkey wrote:Applied priority mid-May and requested escalation via paid e-mail service 13 working days ago. Received an email response today saying that they cannot look into the status of application before 12 weeks SLA is completed. Has anyone had similar experiences and what are the chances of receiving an outcome when 12 weeks (60 working days) is over?
We applied priority in April. Decison was communicated to us after 58 working days by email to my wife. The actual decision was made on the 57th working day. I have an email response from them and was told when I called them that they count day 1 as the day after biometrics. They and my MP also told me nothing can be escalated until at east 60 working days have passed.

So what happens to the priority service you paid for? does that money go straight into their pockets knowing fair well they didn't respond within the 12 weeks?

You may have answered this already, sorry for any naivety if so...

Thanks
At this stage it appears that is exactly what happens. You pay, they don't give you the service and they keep the cash. I have requested a full refund of the priority fee.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Oh !! But don't worry ... very sooon you will message your good news :)
" cry " yeah ... but I am above this now .. wanna kill someone ... so frustrated.. sorry !!

Ahhh yeah, not on that level just there yet but I'm sure it wont take long unless a miracle happens and its all wrapped up in this week! :shock:
I'm sure .... all the best !!:)

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:42 pm

elada wrote:
VeejM wrote:so....

Hi VeejM,

I have applied in London, changing from student to Spouse visa and it's been 94 working days and i haven't heard anything from them. Every time that I call they just say it's waiting for a decision, as if i can't see it on the online system. I just gave up. I think it's not that all our cases have smth wrong cause mine for example my husband has a salary of 24k, have a son who has British passport and still they need 5months (or even more cause I don't know when they are going to send any letter) to decide if I will take it or not. It's a nightmare. My holidays were ruined, cause my husband went alone with my son in Greece (and unfortunately my son felt sick and hospitalised for 3 days) and I was here and crying cause i couldn't go close to my son. Now i gave up, I am not stressed anymore cause they will send a letter whenever they want. Tell to your wife not to worry cause im sure in the end she will get the visa, just matter of time.
Hi Elada,

Thats terrible.... and your situation is alot harder to take than mine. :cry:
Seriously tho... this goverment has no heart for certain ones in dire straits and hard up situations.
I really do hope that they can turn a tide and sort out all this mess as thats how it feels right now.
Hope you hear something soon and hang in there... all us Forum Members are with you! :wink:
Hi VeejM,

That's ok but i am just saying that with HO it's all normal. I think from all this thing I learned how to wait and be patient :P I think I will hear smth from them after 10th of August, when they will start considering all on hold applications (even though i don't know if my is on hold or not). Anyway hope you receive good news as soon as possible :)[/quote]

Yeah, 10th of August looks like the date we can expect the bottleneck of applications to be resolved before we are looked at...
just wish they had a Customer Service team who can send out one measley email to tell you otherwise!

just like watching a Soap: "To be Continued...." :roll:

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 pm

SimonS wrote:
VeejM wrote:
SimonS wrote:
thewallstreetmonkey wrote:Applied priority mid-May and requested escalation via paid e-mail service 13 working days ago. Received an email response today saying that they cannot look into the status of application before 12 weeks SLA is completed. Has anyone had similar experiences and what are the chances of receiving an outcome when 12 weeks (60 working days) is over?
We applied priority in April. Decison was communicated to us after 58 working days by email to my wife. The actual decision was made on the 57th working day. I have an email response from them and was told when I called them that they count day 1 as the day after biometrics. They and my MP also told me nothing can be escalated until at east 60 working days have passed.

So what happens to the priority service you paid for? does that money go straight into their pockets knowing fair well they didn't respond within the 12 weeks?

Thanks
At this stage it appears that is exactly what happens. You pay, they don't give you the service and they keep the cash. I have requested a full refund of the priority fee.
I may just get that requested this week... did you email the HO or the application centre for the refund?
Thanks

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Ok....
So under an hour left, and not a sniff from the Visa Office... Oh well... lets see wether I receive something tomorrow...

For now, wishing you all the best and hoping some news comes your way soon!

Have a pleasant evening/afternoon/morning fellow applicants.
8) :wink:

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:27 pm

VeejM wrote:Ok....
So under an hour left, and not a sniff from the Visa Office... Oh well... lets see wether I receive something tomorrow...

For now, wishing you all the best and hoping some news comes your way soon!

Have a pleasant evening/afternoon/morning fellow applicants.
8) :wink:
Surely you will ... all the best !! :)

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:39 pm

VeejM wrote:
SimonS wrote:
VeejM wrote:
SimonS wrote:

Thanks
I may just get that requested this week... did you email the HO or the application centre for the refund?
Thanks[/quote]

Our application was decided on 13th July. We were notified on 15th July (58 working days). Last week 10 working days had passed since the decision was made and we still had not received the decision or been contacted for collection. I called them to complain. They sent me an email to reply to and in that mail I requested they refund the priority fee. Needless to say, they did not reply :evil: :evil: I called them again today - 13 working days since decided - to ask why yet again they break another SLA. They told me they would escalate and send direct to the processing department in Sheffield. Sheffield has 15 working days to respond to the escalation, we may still get notified for collection within this time. I'm fed up of hearing it now, wait 2 days, wait a bit longer, wait 15 days. It's disgraceful, absolutely shambolic.

I want to know why they take 3 weeks to send a simple 1 line email to Moscow either saying "no" or "put a Visa in the passport and send it back". I'm so outraged I'm suffering outrage fatigue.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

asadmalik
Newly Registered

Post by asadmalik » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:02 pm

hi every one
my story is not different then any one who is in waiting list i have
applied on 16 jan 2017
bio metric was on 18 JAn
more then 6 months now
document received by shaffeled office and copied and returned in couple of days
got visa on hold email on 21 april 2017
escilated case several time via fone and emails but no satisfactiry reply then contacted a solictor she wrote them email mentioning this way my client meet financial requiremnet but HO simply ignored email then we decided to Go FOR PAP pre action protocol for which i paid my solicitor 700 Gbp but after 14 days HO replied

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your email below regarding the entry clearance application for your above client. Please pass on our apologies for the delay in processing your clients application and any inconvenience this has caused.

Your client has been informed that the assessment of her application has not been straightforward and following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement.

This may mean that we hold the application for longer than normal, but in some cases it is essential that we do so. Our published guidance states that additional checks may be carried out in certain cases and as soon as we have completed our checks we will notify the applicant of the outcome of her application.

Whilst I am sympathetic towards the applicants family circumstance, I am also aware that UKVI policy must remain intact.

I have considered whether the particular circumstances set out constitute exceptional circumstances which, consistent with the right to respect for private and family life contained in Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, might warrant expedition, I am satisfied that there is no basis for such a claim and confirm that the application will be considered when the Home Office has considered all implications of the Supreme Court judgement.

I am satisfied this now closed the current PAP litigation.

Yours faithfully
R Jessop

even they didnOt accept PAP thing and simply rejected claim
this is really frustrating now honestly its pissing every on off
AS IT SAYS 5000 APPLICATION are on pAUSE and approx including visa fee and IHS it is 3000 Gbp which make 1500000 gbp 1.5 billlion gbp excluding priority fee
they have received this much big amount for what pausing our applications on PAUSE / HOLD this is completely unfair
i believe we should Go for protest and media PRess this news about visas must be brought on some. tv channel like BBC
that might help a little hope its just not a matter of visa its about life of 2 famlies which is on pause many arranged marriages can be in danger cz of this pause partners who have lost hope some action need to be taken in this regard

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi asadmalik

I also applied on the 10th January and biometric taken 13th January.

Received a hold email on the 7th March.

My MP has contacted the Home Office but to be honest there's nothing they or we can do. Just have to be patient and wait until 10th August!!

Inshallah they should start processing all the hold cases:)

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 pm

We applied online on the 14th of March 2017. (non-priority)
Biometrics were done 20th March 2017. (mirpur)
Documents sent to Sheffield on the 21st March 2017.
Documents received back 30th March 2017.

Have had no emails or telephone calls, 1ts been 98 days since we applied. I did send an email Thursday last week for an update, no response to the actual email, but we have received the email thanking us for using the service and please fill out the questionnaire!

I am earning over 20k a year and in my opinion tick all the required boxes, but we have been left in the dark and unsure.

I keep checking the online checker and it keeps saying reference number not recognised. I don't even know the status of the application, if it on hold etc.

Been 12 months since I got married (Missed my wedding anniversary) and we are starting to get really worried...

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Im on my 58th working day and still nothing they got me worried by sending case not straightforward on mt last few days :( ... they havent contacted me for any documents or anything as they said it was not straight forward their should be a reason :( insha'allah we get our decisions made soon.

Hossein
Newly Registered

Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Hossein » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 am

My wife and son have applied online from Istanbul on 13 Jun2017. (Paid for Priority service)
Biometric: 13 Jun 2017.
Received email from Sheffield . 14 Jun 2017
Received supporting documents. 19 Jun 2017 (Royal mail record )

All of our documents are complete and everything is in order as i have paid a professional solicitors to check them up .

Today is 52th day and we have not received any thing from them. The big problems is as a sponsor I have 5 years visa my Visa will finished on 2 September 2017 and if my wife and son will not receive decision before that they must wait until i apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) which is take time up to 6 months ! and after that they will re-apply for spouse and family member visa.

I really really don’t know what should i do. I have not seen my son since he has born and i cannot wait another 6 months to get my ILR and then apply for them again. I paid 1100 GBP for priority (each application 550 Pound) Why they get Priority fee and its almost 52 days and even so they not contact me or return original documents to me ?

Does anyone have same situation or any suggestion?
please help :(

I just pray ...

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 am

My husband applied for spouse visa with my two children from Australia on the 6th June, we paid priority for each application and still have not heard back. We did get a email on the 13th July saying it as not straight forward etc But we have not heard anything since. We went thru a UK immigration officer, so we had a letter of support with out applications. Quite frustrating and disappointing that we paid the priority x 3 for nothing really.

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

dme82 wrote:My husband applied for spouse visa with my two children from Australia on the 6th June, we paid priority for each application and still have not heard back. We did get a email on the 13th July saying it as not straight forward etc But we have not heard anything since. We went thru a UK immigration officer, so we had a letter of support with out applications. Quite frustrating and disappointing that we paid the priority x 3 for nothing really.
DME, what is the earnings your applying through?

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 am

levisworkedupon wrote:
dme82 wrote:My husband applied for spouse visa with my two children from Australia on the 6th June, we paid priority for each application and still have not heard back. We did get a email on the 13th July saying it as not straight forward etc But we have not heard anything since. We went thru a UK immigration officer, so we had a letter of support with out applications. Quite frustrating and disappointing that we paid the priority x 3 for nothing really.
We are applying on Category D alone, cash savings as I have been out of work but I have a fulltime job offer over there working for my father

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:15 pm

dme82 wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:
We are applying on Category D alone, cash savings as I have been out of work but I have a fulltime job offer over there working for my father
This might cause a delay as your employment is with family if you have submitted evidence of this job offer. HO will scrutinise to ensure it is genuine and not just 'a job on paper' to get a visa. Unfortunately, many migrants have tried to use this 'family business' route and it has not be genuine.

Just gentle advice. If you are relying solely on £62,500 savings, there was no need to submit evidence of employment in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dme82
Newly Registered

Post by dme82 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
dme82 wrote:
levisworkedupon wrote:
This might cause a delay as your employment is with family if you have submitted evidence of this job offer. HO will scrutinise to ensure it is genuine and not just 'a job on paper' to get a visa. Unfortunately, many migrants have tried to use this 'family business' route and it has not be genuine.

Just gentle advice. If you are relying solely on £62,500 savings, there was no need to submit evidence of employment in the UK.

I have only mentioned the job in my support letter but i didn't use it in the means of income, we have approx £92000, as we have two children so apparently needed to meet 84,000 I think I may be wrong too much info to remember, but if they look into it that is fine as its an established business, but I do hope they just approve us as we meet the financial requirement just stressing as taking so long after paying the priority x 3 :|

PBP
Newly Registered

Post by PBP » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:35 pm

I read that someone's spouse was in Rome, mine is in Spain as the company he worked for in the UK have a sister company there. But we are facing a lot more than just waiting for a decision from the uk settlement visa, as when he went to the Spanish bank to wihtdraw money he didn't have his passport, they immediately blocked his bank and the spanish police have been in-touch to whom we explained the situation but they said in Spain it is law that you carry your passport at all times, and they cannot understand why the British Embassy would hold his passport whilst he was in a foreign country, which neither can we or anyone else. Now he can't do anything, not even hire a car or pay for anything on his UK card, nor travel to other offices in the EU. Now he is stuck between two systems and it's bureaucracy gone mad. Our solicitor says if we request back his passport they will withdraw his application, but they have gone beyond the publishing standard and only contacted us on the 13th week for more documentation (which was incorrect of them anyway), and reading all the messages in here he could be waiting many more months. It will be impossible for him not to get in trouble in Spain, I'm going out of my mind with it all... has anyone else been in a similar situation and is there a way to get the passport back without withdrawing the application? Thanks

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:30 pm

I have a query if anyone can guide me ?

My official email address i gave to HO for contact isnt working due to technical issues , How can i inform the HO of my new Email Address so they can contact me through that new email ?

Regards

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Ok guys....

Some really good news!
They have made a descison!!!!!
And have returned the wife's passport back to the TLS Centre in Rome ready for collection!
I'll post below the email they sent. Doesn't tell me the descision but It can only be granted as my case was very straight forward!
Its 61 days today so it looks like the TLS Centre had received it yesterday and then sent out this email today, only way I could think it was to the wire...

But.... could this be positive news? does anyone know if they send the passport and the accommodating email be good? Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks again to all for your help and guidance everyone, here's hoping you guys are well on your way to getting your results soon. Hang in there!!!!

Cheers!

email 1:

Reference: GWFxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

email 2:

“Subject: Your visa application process status

Reference: f_cai

Dear f_pers_surnames f_pers_givennames ,

trademark UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you. You will receive an email from us in the next few days to inform you about collection or delivery procedure. Please wait for that next email before coming to our Centre.

Kind regards,

trademark

Email 3:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK

Visa Application Centre.

Collection in Person

To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:

If collecting yourself:

Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
If collecting using a representative (NOT APPLICABLE FOR APPLICATIONS LODGED IN NIGERIA, REFER TO OUR WEBSITE):

Your Original Photographic ID
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
You can check collection times and the centre address on the Visa Centre Information page of the country

website where you applied.

Important: You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application

Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK

Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will

receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local

courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 pm

VeejM wrote:Ok guys....

Some really good news!
They have made a descison!!!!!
And have returned the wife's passport back to the TLS Centre in Rome ready for collection!
I'll post below the email they sent. Doesn't tell me the descision but It can only be granted as my case was very straight forward!
Its 61 days today so it looks like the TLS Centre had received it yesterday and then sent out this email today, only way I could think it was to the wire...

But.... could this be positive news? does anyone know if they send the passport and the accommodating email be good? Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks again to all for your help and guidance everyone, here's hoping you guys are well on your way to getting your results soon. Hang in there!!!!

Cheers!

email 1:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

email 2:

“Subject: Your visa application process status

Reference: f_cai

Dear f_pers_surnames f_pers_givennames ,

trademark UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you. You will receive an email from us in the next few days to inform you about collection or delivery procedure. Please wait for that next email before coming to our Centre.

Kind regards,

trademark

Email 3:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK

Visa Application Centre.

Collection in Person

To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:

If collecting yourself:

Original Photographic ID
If collecting using a representative (NOT APPLICABLE FOR APPLICATIONS LODGED IN NIGERIA, REFER TO OUR WEBSITE):

Your Original Photographic ID
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
You can check collection times and the centre address on the Visa Centre Information page of the country

website where you applied.

Important: You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application

Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK

Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will

receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local

courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Superb !!! Congratulations!!! :)

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Geet1328 wrote:

Thanks Geet!

Reckon its all good then?
Why cant they just tell you the result?!
Its like opening that envelope for your GCSE's not know how good you did! :lol: :lol:

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:08 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Thanks Geet!

Its like opening that envelope for your GCSE's not know how good you did! :lol: :lol:
Sure it is :)
But trust me 100 % it's a positive news !!! Awesome days are awaiting ahead :)

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:

Thanks Geet!

Sure it is :)
But trust me 100 % it's a positive news !!! Awesome days are awaiting ahead :)
Ahhhh thanks Geet1328!

I'll still be hanging around to tell you 100% answer.
Also let me know if you hear anything... looks like they are slowly clearing the Priority Backlog....