ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! Fiance Visa. Supporting documents to Sheffield?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

degtom
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT! Please Help. Post office Certify Job. Many thank

Post by degtom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Did not apply for same visas as you are, but we just followed information given here on who and how to certify a true document in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

My husband had his documents certified true by a registered Chartered Accountant in the UK and had them couriered to me. I submitted these copies at the Singapore VFS centre and was told they were OK.
Hope this helps.

Not sure if the China Embassy is able to certify true documents as well. You should check with them first. Check their Consular Services available and if these services include a notary.

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 pm

degtom wrote:Did not apply for same visas as you are, but we just followed information given here on who and how to certify a true document in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

My husband had his documents certified true by a registered Chartered Accountant in the UK and had them couriered to me. I submitted these copies at the Singapore VFS centre and was told they were OK.
Hope this helps.

Not sure if the China Embassy is able to certify true documents as well. You should check with them first. Check their Consular Services available and if these services include a notary.
Thanks for your reply Degtom. Could you confirm me that your husband 's passport is not british passport? As I were told that other nationality passport need to be certified by their country embassy. Could you also advise what visa you did apply at that time? Many thanks.

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:22 pm

in additional, I already certified my passport copy in post office in last few days, I just would like to ensure that this can be valid for my fiance visa application. Otherwise, I have to certify again from other channel that will take times . :cry:
degtom wrote:Did not apply for same visas as you are, but we just followed information given here on who and how to certify a true document in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

Hope this helps.

Xman

URGENT! Fiance Visa. Supporting documents to Sheffield?

Post by Xman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 am

My fiancee is in Singapore and I am in UK, we both Chinese. We finished our documents preparation and I was just about to send my files to her via courier in next few days, but yesterday I found that ALL THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS need to courier to Sheffield UK rather than to the applicant.

I did do some research but I can't find any article for how and what documents need to be send by applicant in their country, and for sponsor to send to Sheffield UK?

Could you please help with these details please as I really do not have any idea for these details and what we should send to 2 different place? Would be ever more appreciated if you could provide me any online article reference, etc guidance or article on gov or home office website.

Many thanks in advance.