ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for FORM UKF- No Status Updates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blanksphere
Newly Registered

Applied for FORM UKF- No Status Updates

Post by Blanksphere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:07 am

So I have applied using Form UKF as I am certain that it is the right application for my circumstances.

I was able to submit my application thru a carrier and I received an email from the Home Office stating that they received and acknowledged my application. My hopes were high when I read this.

Then the next step was registering my biometrics. So I made an an appointment with VFS Global. (Our visa application centre here in the Philippines). This is not the first time they took my biometrics. Last time I had it taken was when I applied for UK Visa.

Anyways, after they took my biometrics, I gave them a page of my application regarding the biometrics application and they placed it in a sealed envelope, I believe they send it back to the home office to complete my application.
But before they placed it in the envelope, they looked confused. Like they haven't seen that kind of application before. I was the only one in that room taking my biometrics for citizenship. It took them awhile and the person handling my biometrics application was asking colleagues what kind it was as. All of them didn't have a clue. I got a bit worried then cause I wasn't sure or didn't trust them enough to send my application back to the U.K.

So from there, they placed it in a sealed bag with other envelope baggie things that also contained other peoples documents.

She later on gave me a receipt with my details and visa category: Overseas Citizen.

Now I have no clue whats going on with my application. I am not getting updates from the Application Centre or the Home Office. Im stuck with a small piece of paper that don't mean anything. What should I do? Do I email them? Will they reply back? Should I call them instead? Will that delay my application further?

Did anyone experience this too?

Pls reply asap as I am supposed to migrate there a month from now :(

Thank you in advance :)

Blanksphere
Newly Registered

Re: Applied for FORM UKF- UPDATE

Post by Blanksphere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:40 am

Been reading some of these posts on the forums and found out that the GOV.uk website had a tracker for applications.

So I tracked mine down and it said

Awaiting a Decision
Application status updated on 25 May 2017.

Your application has been considered and is awaiting a decision.

The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided.

My question now is, how long will it be until its decided?

It is now August 3 2017.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:25 am

Blanksphere wrote:Been reading some of these posts on the forums and found out that the GOV.uk website had a tracker for applications.

So I tracked mine down and it said

Awaiting a Decision
Application status updated on 25 May 2017.

Your application has been considered and is awaiting a decision.

The order of the status is Open, Awaiting a decision and Decided.

My question now is, how long will it be until its decided?

It is now August 3 2017.
Based on the timeline information posted on this forum by other members, the average time it takes is around 4months and time quoted by UKVI is 6months. Hope this helps.

Blanksphere
Newly Registered

Post by Blanksphere » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:59 am

guaravd wrote: Based on the timeline information posted on this forum by other members, the average time it takes is around 4months and time quoted by UKVI is 6months. Hope this helps.

I understand, theres nothing I can do but wait lol thanks a bunch for responding :)