ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by Jussal1997 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:26 am

thekhan87 wrote:
Jussal1997 wrote:Hi everyone

Can someone please confirm what happens after the biometrics appointment. As my sister in law went today to her appointment and submitted her application. But they did not explain to her the next step. Do I send all the supporting documents to Sheffield or do I need to wait for confirmation or some sort. If so where can I find the Sheffield address.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Hello mate,

You will have to send all documents to Sheffield. The address is :

UK Visa & Immigration
Vulcan House, 6 Millsands,
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Please, please, please make sure you send the below documents as well :

Appendix 2 VAF4A financial requirement
VAF4A Family settlement application form

I have said please many times. As nobody ever tells you this is required (except on this forum). However I myself despite not sending these and after realizing did send and was extremely lucky that they accepted the papers which is very rare. So please do not forgot to send this to.

Hope this helps!
Congratulations brother,
Many thanks for your advice brother. Just one more thing VAF4A form, is it the same form as the online one on visa4uk. As i have already printed it off?
Kind Regards

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 am

Jussal1997 wrote:
thekhan87 wrote:

Can someone please confirm what happens after the biometrics appointment. As my sister in law went today to her appointment and submitted her application. But they did not explain to her the next step. Do I send all the supporting documents to Sheffield or do I need to wait for confirmation or some sort. If so where can I find the Sheffield address.
Many thanks
Hello mate,

UK Visa & Immigration
Sheffield
S3 8NU

I have said please many times. As nobody ever tells you this is required (except on this forum). However I myself despite not sending these and after realizing did send and was extremely lucky that they accepted the papers which is very rare. So please do not forgot to send this to.

Hope this helps!
Congratulations brother,
Many thanks for your advice brother. Just one more thing VAF4A form, is it the same form as the online one on visa4uk. As i have already printed it off?
Kind Regards

Hello brother,

You must print it off. Please see link below :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

This has to be hand written. This is in addition to the online form.

Good luck with the application!

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 pm

thekhan87 wrote:
Jussal1997 wrote:
thekhan87 wrote:

Many thanks
Hello mate,

UK Visa & Immigration
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Hope this helps!
Congratulations brother,
Kind Regards

Hello brother,

You must print it off. Please see link below :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

This has to be hand written. This is in addition to the online form.

Good luck with the application!
Jazak Allah Khairan brother,
I've already have printed appendix 2 form off and handwritten it. I just got confused as there is also application form for handwritten too.

Btw I'm a sister,

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 am

My wife received her spouse-settlement visa today from sylhet vfs office. Timeline is as follows:
Biometric and all document submitted : 20 June 2017.
Text and email received for collection: 12/9/17.
Passport and visa collection: 12/9/17
Home office didn't contact us for any inquiry.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 am

Bengali1985 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 am
My wife received her spouse-settlement visa today from sylhet vfs office. Timeline is as follows:
Vignette validity : 16/9/17-16/10/17

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am

Bengali1985 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 am
Bengali1985 wrote:
Alhamdulillah brother, such a great news.

Masud2017
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Masud2017 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am

Dear all,
I applied for my spouse in 20th of June 2017 , i received
2 email from the home office and phone call, still waiting for the decision:
Online application : 20th June 2017
Documents sent : 29th June 2017
Biometric : 3rd July 2017
Application forwarded to UKVI text : 4 th July
Application received email with GWF reference: 14/7/2017
Email received application not straightforward : 21/9/2017
Email received application will be decided by 31st October 2017 on 26/9/2017

Phone call received from home office 4/10/2017
Employer also informed they received phone call from home office 4/10/2017
Waiting for Decision

Masud2017
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Masud2017 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:31 am

Mash17101 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 am
Has anyone heard anything back yet mine is showing awaiting a decision for the last two weeks when i checked the ukvi enquirie line has anyone else had this.

Please update on decisions
Hi Mash,
Have you heard anything ?

abz79

Post by abz79 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:11 am

hello everyone
many thanks to all of the forum member who participated and gave all the valuable advise.
my wife got the settlement visa at September that is exactly after 3 months .

sorry for the delay as I was in back home and arranging all the stuff to come back UK.
I did apply on 04/06/2017
visa issued on 22/08/2017
VFS Sylhet phoned me on 06/09/2017

thanks again for your co-operation

Masud2017
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Masud2017 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Received phone call today to collect passport , will collect tomorrow.
Will update you all tomorrow .
Thanks

Jussal1997
Newly Registered

Post by Jussal1997 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 am

Jussal1997 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am
Bengali1985 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 am
Bengali1985 wrote:
Alhamdulillah brother, such a great news.
by the grace of Allah my disabled brother's spouse has been granted a visa. may all of you who are waiting to hear from ukvi get good news too. ameen

Uafsana
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Uafsana » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:11 am

Hi there, for any spouse settlement Visa you will have to send all supporting documents to Sheffield for Bangladesh applicants they will have to send it to a PO Box. Applicants in Bangladesh will have to take their passport and other certificates to the biometrics appointment with also the confirmation letter email printed and the online application printed with the I HS number written on Front page top of the application form. They will then take the passport and the other documents to scan keep the passport to give the decision taken to a room ask questions if they need and take a few pictures and scan your palm then they will then take the passport and the other documents to scan keep the passport to give the decision taken to room ask questions if they need and take a few pictures and scan your palm (hands has to be Ink and Hannah free) you will then have to pay for the fees alongside with priority fee ( optional ) I would suggest to take 2000 to 3000 taka extra for photocopying scanning and additional fees. They will then ask if you wish to submit your supporting documents in Bangladesh or if your sponsor submit in the UK Sheffield. You may pay extra fees and submit in Bangladesh however the best procedures is to original/ photocopy documents into separate bundles. Photocopy bundle will be for UK VI if they wish to retain any documents. me and my husband had sent the documents in UK Sheffield the address is a PO Box so I’ll be very careful with the postaging service you will use, as there will be no want to sign however I have this issue and are use Parcelforce. My parcel was taken back from the PO Box and was automatically directed to the alternative original address for the PO Box. however because there are so many offices besides UK VI my documents landed to the wrong office but they were kind to hand them over to someone within UK VI who then called me back and assured me that my documents were at the right department in the right hands. A few days went by and I did get a little worried.
timeline:
Visa type: husband settlement
Online application submitted/ I HS fees paid for : 11th July 2018
Online application confirmation email: 11th July 2018
Biometrics appointment: 16th July 2018
Supporting documents received by UK VI: 30th July 2018
Supporting documents returned back: 22nd August 2018 (with a letter assuring but the application is under process, no complications and actions required)
Supporting documents and application has been sent to the decision-making centre waiting for an clearance officer email: 24th August 2018
Decision: awaiting
Pray for us
Good luck

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:24 pm

Uafsana, your post is very difficult to read and not very accurate.

For Bangladesh and especially Sylhet the process is this:

- Submit application online
- Pay for IHS
- Book Biometrics appointment:
- Go to biometrics and take the following
- proof of ID (Passport, NID Card)
- appointment letter,
- passport
- a printed copy of your online application (this is only to show to them, DO NOT SUBMIT IT TO THEM)
- 2 x passport photo
- Pay around 6000 taka for entering their building (pay for their service)
- Pay for the application (and also pay extra if you want to do priority
- Have biometrics taken
- Tell them strongly "My sponsor is sending all support documents directly to Sheffield from UK"

Do not submit anything to them but PASSPORT.

After you come home, post your TB certificate, IELTS certificate etc to your sponsor in UK. Then once your sponsor has everything, they post the bundle directly to Sheffield. Do not forget to add GWF reference number on envelope.

In Dhaka you can use other premium services like scanning the docs, but I would recommend using scanning service. Always have your sponsor in UK post everything to Sheffield from within UK if possible.

InshaAllah this helps others.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

lameea29
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by lameea29 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 am

I got married recently and I am in the UK for last 6 month. I am an international student. now I want to bring my husband to the UK. But how to apply I don't know. And what documents I need to apply? Anyone can give me the whole process how can I bring my husband to the UK. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:55 am

lameea29 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 am
I got married recently and I am in the UK for last 6 month. I am an international student. now I want to bring my husband to the UK. But how to apply I don't know. And what documents I need to apply? Anyone can give me the whole process how can I bring my husband to the UK. Thanks
Are you on a tier 4 student visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mahbuba
Newly Registered
England

Post by Mahbuba » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello.
I got married in march 2018. I am looking to apply for muly husband. However i am a carer and receive carers allowance so i know i am exempt from the financial requirements. I know i receive more than enough enough income to apply. However i am abit confused by the process. Surely the application can be submitted in bangladesh? Or is that not the case any more?
Thank you in advance for replies.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:36 pm

If you read above posts you will see you that you have to submit everything to Sheffield UK.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:01 am

Hi,

I am a British citizen. My wife is going to apply for spouse visa from Sylhet Bangladesh

My question is when my wife would go for biometrics appointment will the VFS official keep my wife's passport or will they scan her passport and hand it back to her on the day?

Thanks,

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07 am

They will keep the passport. Make sure it is only passport that she submits and no other docs

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:41 am

Dear Londoner007,

Thank you for your reply.

I have few other questions in relation my wife’s application:

1) Does my wife need to keep all the sponsor documents (my UK payslips, p60, and accommodation letters from UK) with her when she goes for her biometrics appointment in Sylhet, Bangladesh? Just in case if they ask for? I am planning to post all the documents from UK though.

2) Does she need to sign on the printed copy of online application?

3) Does she need to sign on appendix 2 form?

4) Does she need to fill in the appendix 2 form herself or can I do for her and then post it to Bangladesh?

5) My wife is going to send the following documents to me in UK so that I can add my sponsor documents and send it so Sheffield, is there anything missing of the following list:

a) Online printed application form
b) Appendix 2 form
c) TB certificate
d) IELTS
e) Marriage certificate in English, Original Nikah Nama in Bengali and also translated in English (3 documents)

6) I have heard it is a good idea to include a prepaid envelop with the application, if I do so, should the return address be my UK address or should it be the Bangladesh address as the main applicant is from Bangladesh?

I do appreciate your time and help in this.

Thank you

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:57 pm

She needs to go to the VFS which is located in Mirza Jungle Road Nirvana Inn Hotel

She only takes with her:

- appointment letter
- passport
- Application fee, around tk1,60,000 or so now. Plus around tk 6,200 for using the VFS
- a printed copy of your online application (this is only to show to them, DO NOT SUBMIT IT TO THEM)
- 2 x passport photo

Get her to sign up for the SMS service which gives her update on her application in Bangladesh, around tk600

Tell her not to be nervous and it is just a formality. These staff are not from Home Office, they are just there to take finger print. They have nothing to do with the Home Office. Whole process will probably take 15-20- mins.

1 - She mails you her docs such as TB, IELTS etc and you add your stuff such as payslip, bank statements etc all together and send everything off to Sheffield.

2 - Yes, get her to send you the signed pages so you can add them to the printed application

3 - Do same as number 2

4 - Do it for her, and DO NOT send anything to Bangladesh, you are sending to Sheffield!

5 - From her side it's fine

6 - It's a requirement to send a pre-paid envelope, not just a good idea. Send using RoyalMail special delivery and also include SD return bag. Put return address to yourself in UK

InshaAllah goes well for you both

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:57 pm
She needs to go to the VFS which is located in Mirza Jungle Road Nirvana Inn Hotel

She only takes with her:

- appointment letter
- passport
- Application fee, around tk1,60,000 or so now. Plus around tk 6,200 for using the VFS
- 2 x passport photo

Get her to sign up for the SMS service which gives her update on her application in Bangladesh, around tk600

Tell her not to be nervous and it is just a formality. These staff are not from Home Office, they are just there to take finger print. They have nothing to do with the Home Office. Whole process will probably take 15-20- mins.

1 - She mails you her docs such as TB, IELTS etc and you add your stuff such as payslip, bank statements etc all together and send everything off to Sheffield.

2 - Yes, get her to send you the signed pages so you can add them to the printed application

3 - Do same as number 2

4 - Do it for her, and DO NOT send anything to Bangladesh, you are sending to Sheffield!

5 - From her side it's fine

6 - It's a requirement to send a pre-paid envelope, not just a good idea. Send using RoyalMail special delivery and also include SD return bag. Put return address to yourself in UK

InshaAllah goes well for you both
Thank you brother Londoner007 for your valuable suggestion.

I have few more queries and will appreciate if you could help with the following please.

1) As part of evidence of genuine relation, can I send the wedding video in DVD along with pictures and WhatsApp chat?

2) Can I pay for the application fee and IHS online here in UK and pass my wife the payment receipts for her to take to the biometrics appointment.

3) For accommodation my landlord is proving a no objection letter and the tenancy agreement - my question here is should I submit any documentation from landlord to prove that that landlord named in the tenancy agreement or in the no objection letter is indeed the landlord of the property?

4) Is this a good idea to submit Sponsorship SU07/12 form?

5) Also, I am a bit confused about FLR (M) AND FLR (FP) - which one would my wife application be under?

Appreciate you time and help.

Thanks,

Shah

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:17 pm

1 - Do not send DVD, they strictly ask people not to. Send photos instead and at the back of the photo put date and place it was taken i.e "Shah185 and XXXX Wedding reception, 30 June 2017, Sylhet".

2 - You can only pay for IHS here in UK, make sure you pay it before the biometrics. The application fee is paid strictly Cash only at the VFS centre in Bangladesh. Make sure you send her the money well in advance and that she is able to withdraw it in advance too. Also make sure no one tries to nick it off her

3 - If you are living with family and your parent are main tenants get them to write a letter for no objection too. If you are the main tenant and there are no other non-related adults living with you, then you have it all covered already.

4 - Not required, but a lot of people from Bangladesh and Pakistan include it for some reason

5 - FLR (M) FLR (FP) are applications within the UK - your wife is applying for the initial spouse visa / Entry Clearance. If you mean what route she will be put on, she will be on 5 year route to settlement.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:17 pm
1 - Do not send DVD, they strictly ask people not to. Send photos instead and at the back of the photo put date and place it was taken i.e "Shah185 and XXXX Wedding reception, 30 June 2017, Sylhet".

2 - You can only pay for IHS here in UK, make sure you pay it before the biometrics. The application fee is paid strictly Cash only at the VFS centre in Bangladesh. Make sure you send her the money well in advance and that she is able to withdraw it in advance too. Also make sure no one tries to nick it off her

3 - If you are living with family and your parent are main tenants get them to write a letter for no objection too. If you are the main tenant and there are no other non-related adults living with you, then you have it all covered already.

4 - Not required, but a lot of people from Bangladesh and Pakistan include it for some reason

5 - FLR (M) FLR (FP) are applications within the UK - your wife is applying for the initial spouse visa / Entry Clearance. If you mean what route she will be put on, she will be on 5 year route to settlement.
Hi, i recently applied for spouse visa (wife). we done online application on 8 october, wife done biometerics in syhlet bangladesh on 10 october in which she gave her passport.
Documents were recieved at sheffield on 12 october by royal mail signed delivery.

Do you know how long will it take? will they send me email confirmation from ECO? we applied non pirority.

shah185
Bangladesh

Post by shah185 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Thank you, appreciate your help.