ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information for 10 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Information for 10 year route

Post by returntotheuk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I posted on the boards so not sure where to find this info or the best place to start :D so please advise.

My family and I are living in RO Ireland at the moment. My NON EU wife and I have 3 children who all have British passports. My wife is still waiting for her Irish residency card having been here for around 9 mths now. Our original plan was to live here for a few years then move to the UK using SS route, however with Brexit we are not sure this is the best option considering it seems many people are getting Family permits to enter the UK only to be refused UK residency cards.

Anyway, I am keep hearing people mention the 10 year route and that as we have British children we would not need to meet the financial threshold like the normal spouse visa. Can anyone explain this in more detail or if possible point me to a link with the right information? There seems to be so much information out there that I no longer know what is correct and what is either old rules or just hearsay :D

Thanks in advance for any info.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Information for 10 year route

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm

FLR(FP) Partner route which is a 10 year route to ILR (PR), 4 x 2.5 year visas. She will also have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge with each application PLUS the visa fee. Can only be applied for within the UK. Not the easiest route to get especially if newly arrived in the UK, particularly from ROI which is in the CTA and ROI shares immigration information with the UK.

She cannot apply based on the children if you are in a subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:07 pm

CR001 wrote:FLR(FP) Partner route which is a 10 year route to ILR (PR), 4 x 2.5 year visas. She will also have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge with each application PLUS the visa fee. Can only be applied for within the UK. Not the easiest route to get especially if newly arrived in the UK, particularly from ROI which is in the CTA and ROI shares immigration information with the UK.

Thanks CR001, that sounds like more hassle than going the UK residency card route. My concern is moving to the UK with a FP only for my wife to be refused the UKRC. It would be disastrous if she was refused the UKRC, it is getting far too stressful me :| Thanks again.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:27 pm

returntotheuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:FLR(FP) Partner route which is a 10 year route to ILR (PR), 4 x 2.5 year visas. She will also have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge with each application PLUS the visa fee. Can only be applied for within the UK. Not the easiest route to get especially if newly arrived in the UK, particularly from ROI which is in the CTA and ROI shares immigration information with the UK.

Thanks CR001, that sounds like more hassle than going the UK residency card route. My concern is moving to the UK with a FP only for my wife to be refused the UKRC. It would be disastrous if she was refused the UKRC, it is getting far too stressful me :| Thanks again.
I think maybe I mentioned the wrong category, I think it is the "Parent route" not partner route. I am hearing many people getting visas this way via article 8 which must be something different.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:01 pm

As CR001 has already advised, the FLR(FP) Parent route is for those who are living separately from the other parent.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.