ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed, IGS application posted without the application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

extrovert

Help needed, IGS application posted without the application

Post by extrovert » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi there,

I have made a biggest mistake.I posted my application for IGS 12 days back but havnt heard anything from home office yet.So i decided to call them and ask about my application and they said its not showing on their system. whilst on the royal mail's website it says that my application has been delivered.
I just found out that the application form is still left at my home and i posted my passport,degree and other documents to the home office.In simple words I have posted just my documents but not the application form 10 days back. My current student visa has expired by now. I dont know wht to do:( person on the general enquiry line said I will have to go back to Pakistan and go through entry clearance to come back to uk. All I can do at the moment is to wait to hear from home office and then go back to paksitan.Please give me your valueable advice.Is there any possiblity that I dont have to go back for the entry clearance??or what should i do to avoid all this hasstle.

Thanx.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:08 pm

I don't think you have any option, it was your mistake and the HO is never very sympathetic....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SYH
BANNED

Re: Help needed, IGS application posted without the applicat

Post by SYH » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 pm

extrovert wrote:Hi there,

I have made a biggest mistake.I posted my application for IGS 12 days back but havnt heard anything from home office yet.So i decided to call them and ask about my application and they said its not showing on their system. whilst on the royal mail's website it says that my application has been delivered.
I just found out that the application form is still left at my home and i posted my passport,degree and other documents to the home office.In simple words I have posted just my documents but not the application form 10 days back. My current student visa has expired by now. I dont know wht to do:( person on the general enquiry line said I will have to go back to Pakistan and go through entry clearance to come back to uk. All I can do at the moment is to wait to hear from home office and then go back to paksitan.Please give me your valueable advice.Is there any possiblity that I dont have to go back for the entry clearance??or what should i do to avoid all this hasstle.

Thanx.
Oops. very bad, you could try to post it now and see if the people put it together with your other documents and count it from the day you posted the first mailing but thats a long shot.

extrovert

Post by extrovert » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:50 pm

hi,
I have psoted my application form and the newer version of application form together with a covering letter explaining the whole situation today.Could you please tell me will home office mark me as an offender in their records or stamp something bad on my passport?and what are the chances of getting IGS from pakistan if i have to go back and apply from Pakistan?help appreciated.

Sweethina99

Post by Sweethina99 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:41 am

no for refusal they wont stamp atleast on your passport..

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:34 am

extrovert wrote:hi,
I have psoted my application form and the newer version of application form together with a covering letter explaining the whole situation today.Could you please tell me will home office mark me as an offender in their records or stamp something bad on my passport?and what are the chances of getting IGS from pakistan if i have to go back and apply from Pakistan?help appreciated.
The rule is tha the application isnt considered received unles payment has occurred so like I said it is unlikely they will backdate it for when you sent the supporting documentation.
good luck

extrovert

Post by extrovert » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 pm

hi there,
I have received a letter of acknowledgment today as i posted my apllication form after few days of posting my passport and other documents.payment has been taken out of my account as well.Could anyone please comment on this if its a possitive sign or not???

regards