ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Masters English Certificate valid for HSMP? and more...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

powerontop
Newly Registered

Masters English Certificate valid for HSMP? and more...

Post by powerontop » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:44 am

Hi guys,
I am new to this helpful forum. I have done my MCA from Madurai Kamraj University from Mumbai centre. I want to apply for HSMP and so I have sent a request to MKU for "Medium of Instruction" certificate.
Now I get to know from my friend in UK that, that certificate from MKU cannot be used for English Language requirement and It HAS TO BE one from Mumbai University from where I did my BCom.

Can anyone please clarify this?

Also I read the new Tier 1 rules and feel that the above ambiguity/partiality is removed and even people like me who have done BCom/BA-->MCA/Msc etc can now send say MCA cert. for Qualification and MCA English cert. for Eng. language requirement instead of the present MCA for qualification and BCom Univ. English language cert.

Kindly clarify both these questions since I am planning to apply for HSMP as soon as I get my English cert. from MKU hopefully before end of March.

Thanks in advance.

rely

Re: Masters English Certificate valid for HSMP? and more...

Post by rely » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:59 pm

ONLY GRAD CERTIFICATE AND LETTER.
rely

powerontop wrote:Hi guys,
I am new to this helpful forum. I have done my MCA from Madurai Kamraj University from Mumbai centre. I want to apply for HSMP and so I have sent a request to MKU for "Medium of Instruction" certificate.
Now I get to know from my friend in UK that, that certificate from MKU cannot be used for English Language requirement and It HAS TO BE one from Mumbai University from where I did my BCom.

Can anyone please clarify this?

Also I read the new Tier 1 rules and feel that the above ambiguity/partiality is removed and even people like me who have done BCom/BA-->MCA/Msc etc can now send say MCA cert. for Qualification and MCA English cert. for Eng. language requirement instead of the present MCA for qualification and BCom Univ. English language cert.

Kindly clarify both these questions since I am planning to apply for HSMP as soon as I get my English cert. from MKU hopefully before end of March.

Thanks in advance.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Under the HSMP scheme, you need to submit your BCom degree certificate as evidence of meeting the English Language requirement. The guidelines specifically state that a (standalone) Masters or PhD don't fulfil the English Language requirement.

In fact, some applicants who did an integrated Bachelors/Masters have also ended up being turned down, even though they would have followed the same programme in their first 3 years as a normal Bachelors student.

powerontop
Newly Registered

Post by powerontop » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:08 pm

ok thanks. Just to sum up. Certificate?/Letter? from Mumbai University for BCom degree to comply with English Language requirement. AND

showing MCA in Qualification section from MKU to gain more points for Masters.

Will be acceptable right?
Also do I need to mention in the Letter from college & then Mumbai University that BCom is a 3? or 5? year course?

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:23 am

u will not get points if ur undergrad course is not same as postgrad.
So for MCA u will get degree level points.

and for english language it has to be undergrad.

powerontop
Newly Registered

Post by powerontop » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:24 am

Guys today I went to my college to ask for letter confirming my English language. Now what happened is that the college principal ridiculed why I was asking the Mumbai University to certify my BCom was done in English when I studied in this college and in any case the College is affiliated to Mumbai Univeristy. How can Mumbai University certify your course was taught in English when you studied here? The principal further stated that so many students have asked for such certificates and it has been fine(I think he was not sure whether they were going for US or uk or some other country), so he told me that college letter is enough and no need to ask Mumbai univer. for cert. since my college is affiliated ot Mumbai University.

Guy with similar experience, is College Certificate about English Language fine with HO please advise ASAP.

Thanks.