ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form help needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salma22
Newly Registered

AN Form help needed

Post by salma22 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi
Need expert advise on my case. I was a student in 2010-11 and have worked for more than 20 hours in 1 week.. Can that be an issue for the BC? Can I breakdown the week or it has to be Mon-Sun when it's said weekly. .

Please advise

Indguru90

Re: AN Form help needed

Post by Indguru90 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:29 am

salma22 wrote:Hi
Need expert advise on my case. I was a student in 2010-11 and have worked for more than 20 hours in 1 week.. Can that be an issue for the BC? Can I breakdown the week or it has to be Mon-Sun when it's said weekly. .

Please advise
Technically this was a (minor, one-off) breach of the Immigration Rules. It pales by comparison to other successful applicants who have a much more chequered immigration history. I assume UKVI is not presently aware of your issue?

A "week" normally refers to Mon-Sun, rather than "any consecutive 7 day period". However, the breach falls outside the five-year qualifying period so would be assessed under the laxer immigration compliance standard under the good character requirement. As per para.9.7 of the applicable guidance:

The decision maker will normally refuse an application if within the 10 years preceding the
application the person has not been compliant with immigration requirements, including but
not limited to having:
a. failed to report
b. failed to comply with any conditions imposed under the Immigration Acts
c. been detected working in the UK without permission

Your conduct falls far short of the sort of non-compliance that would be relevant in a naturalisation application.

So if UKVI are for whatever reason aware of this issue or you declare it on form AN, it really shouldn't cause you any issues.