ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

interview after giving notice of marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black_linux
Newly Registered

interview after giving notice of marriage

Post by black_linux » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:39 am

hi all
i have been reading a lot on this forum and i learned a lot and i would like to thank every one who contribute to enlighten us with answers .
i am no EU national we gave notice of marriage the 19/09 and it was extended to 70 days .
we provided different address because we are waiting to get married to live together even if we did got married religiously but i believe its not reconized by UK law .
Yesterday , we received an email from the north london marriage team for an interview for this monday the 14 th .
I called a solicitor to check if he could attend with us but he said he could'nt .
in their letter they are asking to provide few documents :
- last 6 months bank statement
-tenancy agreement
- passports
-i use my bank account for payment as i work as a self employed to invoice and knowing i am not allowed to work they would find out all my transaction , is it possible to say that i don't have a bank account ? because if they freeze my account i am screwed
-regarding tenancy i dont have any paper i am just renting in black paying cash and i dont have any paper agreement with him , all what i know is the house is on housing benefit and he wouldn't provide me any letter , what i should say for that ? how i can justify that .

All what i want is to get out from the shadow and be able to regularize my situation and do things correctly because ITS causing a lot of stress in our relation and i feel guilty OF putting a big burden in my wife shoulders and i dont want her to suffer from that , i v already done many mistakes and she is being patient with me .

any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated
thanks for all in advance
cheers
Last edited by black_linux on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: interview after giving notice of marriage

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:49 am

Has your solicitor made you aware that if you have no legal status in the UK you are at risk of being detained when you attend the interview? :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

black_linux
Newly Registered

Post by black_linux » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 am

hi
thank you for your answer , yes i do know that ,
he just told me if its happen call me , nothing else ,
i asked him if i should provide him any documents he said no . ia trying to contact other solicitors but its difficult they are all busy or booked this week .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:07 am

You and your partner will be interviewed separately and answers matched to reveal any differences. The interviewers are experienced in spotting anything you may be trying to hide.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Snw93
Newly Registered

Post by Snw93 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:32 am

Hello,

How was your interview experience?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Snw93 wrote:Hello,

Maybe not well, as Linux hasn't visited the forum since Nov 10, 2016 and only posted twice. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Snw93 wrote:Hello,

I have heard all sorts of nightmares.

One case couple 1. she was threathened and they put in her head that he is only using her and that if she is aware they will deport her ( she is eastern europian ) it ended up that she left her job and the country because she was scared.
Sad story as they were actually already islamic married.

couple 2. man ended up in the detention out if the fact that they couldnt proof that their relationship was genuine because he doesnt speak english very well.

a few months after he was released with help of a guarantor the gave notice again and he ended up again in detention. same issue. they are both afraid to do it all again.

I can only advice go through the questions they may ask. Good luck.