ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about wife's name and address on nikkah nama

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usmanj
United Kingdom

Question about wife's name and address on nikkah nama

Post by usmanj » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 am

Hi guys,

I think I'm more or less prepared to submit - however last minute points have been noticed which may need to be addressed.

Firstly - I am submitting NARIC certificates + degrees + medium of instruction letters to meet the English requirement for my wife. However, I have just noticed that on her Degrees, her name says Malik at the end (her cast). However, on her national ID or passport Malik was not written. Is this something that could be an issue? Her degree, our marriage certificate, her visa application all have her fathers name on there too so it does show that it's the same person etc. I just wanted to get it clarified before submitting all the paperwork.

Secondly - Our nikkah nama has a different address for my wife than her permanent address. This is because in order for us to get married at the Grand Mosque in Bahria Town, Pakistan, an address from within that town had to be provided and thus my wife's brother used his friend's address. Is this an issue?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question about wife's name and address on nikkah nama

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:58 am

Preferably rectify the correct/complete name on degree by approaching the relevant institute otherwise pass a required form of English language test.
Remember you have to translate the Urdu version of nikkah name into English and usually NADRA (Govt organization) do this job. Explain them your address issue who can advise you for this matter who may fix it if they can.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am

If you have a nikah Nama in Urdu, which you will be submitting you'll have to get that translated into English. If you have it here already, see if you can find a certified translator in the UK, who will do it for you. As for the different address, I'm not sure, hopefully someone can answer. If it is going to be a problem, you could include a letter explaining the reasons why.

And good luck in your application.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 am

seagul wrote:Preferably rectify the correct/complete name on degree by approaching the relevant institute otherwise pass a required form of English language test.
Remember you have to translate the Urdu version of nikkah name into English and usually NADRA (Govt organization) do this job. Explain them your address issue who can advise you for this matter who may fix it if they can.
samkahn wrote:If you have a nikah Nama in Urdu, which you will be submitting you'll have to get that translated into English. If you have it here already, see if you can find a certified translator in the UK, who will do it for you. As for the different address, I'm not sure, hopefully someone can answer. If it is going to be a problem, you could include a letter explaining the reasons why.

And good luck in your application.
Thank you for your responses. Highly appreciated.

I have the nikah nama in Urdu and also in English. Both attested and the urdu one with the UC stamp on it. Now the problem here is that the nikah nama can not be edited as such because it has the signatures of the witnesses etc. And the English translation must be the true translation of the urdu nikah nama. There is nothing really that can be done about this at all so I guess I have to just see what happens and if anything we'd have to appeal and explain this (or add a letter explaining it?).

As for the name on the degrees, just found out this morning that the universities will not be willing to re-issue the degree certificate under the correct name. Unfortunately for us, this discrepancy was only spotted yesterday and my wife has done her biometrics. So the only real options now are to either explain this to the ECO or not to? Spoke to a friend who does immigration law and he said not to add a letter explaining why it says Malik - but personally I think it may be a better idea to explain that Malik is her caste and thus not on her passport.

What are your opinions on this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 pm

And also in my opinion if missing part of name if is not surnam then most likely there won't be any issue. And also in my opinion a foreign marriage certificate/nikkah nama's address shouldnt affect anything as it's just marriage proof but keep strong your subsisting relationship evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:29 pm

seagul wrote:And also in my opinion if missing part of name if is not surnam then most likely there won't be any issue. And also in my opinion a foreign marriage certificate/nikkah nama's address shouldnt affect anything as it's just marriage proof but keep strong your subsisting relationship evidences.
Nothing is missing - it is an additional name which is on her degree certificates (tribal name/cast) at the end of her name.

Example:

Maiden name - Amina Sehar

Name on certificate - Amina Sehar Malik

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 pm

I was informed that any document in a foreign language submitted to any government body, court or authority has to have a certified translation. As the person receiving the document may not be able to read it and as it is submitted as evidence, it needs to be in a language they understand.
We had a nikah nama in Urdu (Issued by the mosque) and then a marriage registration certificate from the union council, which was in English and Urdu.
We had our Urdu nikah nama translated into English, over here by a local who was a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguistics. he photocopied the nikah nama, translated into English and produced a certificate/statement. He also stamped/sealed every single page.

We submitted all of our documents in mid March of this year and have had zero response from them. Even emailing them, we haven't got anything, we are still anxiously waiting. (99 days so far). I have heard people have waited years for their appeal dates to come through. So some instead start a new application, instead of appealing. As you will be aware this can get quite expensive in the long run. My advice is spend that extra time and effort and get all your documents as near perfect as possible.

Just my opinion!

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 am

samkahn wrote:I was informed that any document in a foreign language submitted to any government body, court or authority has to have a certified translation. As the person receiving the document may not be able to read it and as it is submitted as evidence, it needs to be in a language they understand.
We had a nikah nama in Urdu (Issued by the mosque) and then a marriage registration certificate from the union council, which was in English and Urdu.
We had our Urdu nikah nama translated into English, over here by a local who was a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguistics. he photocopied the nikah nama, translated into English and produced a certificate/statement. He also stamped/sealed every single page.

We submitted all of our documents in mid March of this year and have had zero response from them. Even emailing them, we haven't got anything, we are still anxiously waiting. (99 days so far). I have heard people have waited years for their appeal dates to come through. So some instead start a new application, instead of appealing. As you will be aware this can get quite expensive in the long run. My advice is spend that extra time and effort and get all your documents as near perfect as possible.

Just my opinion!
100% agreed. It was just a coincidence that I didn't check her name on the university certificate closely because I assumed it would just be her name (my mistake for making that assumption). What we are doing now is getting an affidavit from Pakistan stating that the names she was known as are all one person. We are also getting a letter from the university to state that it is the same person.

In regards to nikkah nama address, that can not be changed. I guess I'll just attach a letter with that in order to explain the difference. All her other docs have the same address, just the nikkah one is different because of the vicinity of the union council where nikah nama was submitted.

I hope you hear back from them soon. Did you apply with priority service?

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:03 pm

No we didn't do priority, just standard. But what gets me is when we applied the timescales were 60 days and then 90 days. On June the 1st they have added 120 days to the timescales.

I have also found out that if you have £10k to spare, they will come to you and give you a desicion at the end of the same day!

If a same day decision can be done why does it take so long for other applications to be processed? And the real frustrating part is lack of communication.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:13 pm

samkahn wrote:No we didn't do priority, just standard. But what gets me is when we applied the timescales were 60 days and then 90 days. On June the 1st they have added 120 days to the timescales.

I have also found out that if you have £10k to spare, they will come to you and give you a desicion at the end of the same day!

If a same day decision can be done why does it take so long for other applications to be processed? And the real frustrating part is lack of communication.
Sorry what do you mean 10k spare?

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 pm

£10,000 pounds...

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:52 pm

samkahn wrote:£10,000 pounds...
But I mean what about that 10k? How will that help?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:24 pm

samkahn wrote:£10,000 pounds...
Can you provide us with the official guidance/link.

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Sorry, my mistake (one of the problems, listening to other people)

You have to be in this country already, to be eligible for the service...

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... um-service