ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having COS, Doubts about Parter Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cespinoza
Newly Registered

Having COS, Doubts about Parter Visa

Post by cespinoza » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi, I'm from Chile, I have a COS and next month I have to apply for the visa, I have some doubts about if the visas could be rejected, I will apply with my partner and our children of 6 and 9, but we are not officially married I've been living together for 9 years, but I'm yet legally married with an ex-wife that doesn't have wanted to give me the divorce in all these time.

Thanks in advance.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Having COS, Doubts about Parter Visa

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:30 am

cespinoza wrote:Hi, I'm from Chile, I have a COS and next month I have to apply for the visa, I have some doubts about if the visas could be rejected, I will apply with my partner and our children of 6 and 9, but we are not officially married I've been living together for 9 years, but I'm yet legally married with an ex-wife that doesn't have wanted to give me the divorce in all these time.

Thanks in advance.

if you have evidence of your co habitation for 9 years, you might be able to apply for your partner as an unmarried partner. I guess you might have to answer many questions since you have not officially and legally divorced your ex-wife.

1. About the children 6 and 9, did you have them with you new partner of with your ex-wife? if you had them with your new partner then it might be a bit easier but if one or 2 of them were with your ex, then you will need the consent of your ex to get a dependent visa for the child(ren).

I don't think that the British system recognises polygamy, therefore your main issue will be that you are still legally married to another woman and you want to apply for a visa with another woman without legal documentation marriage.

You might want to get an immigration lawyer.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

cespinoza
Newly Registered

Re: Having COS, Doubts about Parter Visa

Post by cespinoza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:46 pm

I'll apply only with my last 2 children that I have with my current partner, the older is 9 years old, with my ex I have 2 also, one is already older than 18, both are living with their mum, then I don't have any intention to bring them with me as my relationship with my ex is very bad, and children are influenced by their mum.

I have a document from 10 years ago that is an agreement with my ex about the monetary help I had to bring to my children with her when I broke the relationship and currently I'm bringing to them yet.

My ex wife never wanted to sign the divorce to receive benefits and as a way to bother me, here at Chile that isn't viewed as polygamy, as all the people has the right to begin a new life, here is a very common situation every day. Polygamy is to be married legally with two people at the same time.

Thanks.