ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependent Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kawshik84

Tier 2 PBS Dependent Query

Post by kawshik84 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly thank you all for your support so far, I am repeating some of the background information here for the benefit of the readers. Also, I am not 100% sure which forum this query actually belongs to, so please feel free to move if needed.

Background:
  • I got my ILR on 12/07/2017 based on 5 years on Tier 2 (General).
  • My wife has been on a PBS Dependent Visa as my TIer 2 (General) dependent since 16/03/2015 and it expires on 28/09/2017. Prior to this she was on a Tier 2 (General) Visa herself. She moved to this country on 28/02/2009 and has had several different visa but without any interruption. I have checked the rules and I am fairly confident that they will quality for 10 year LR on 28/01/2019.
  • My son was born in the USA and was granted a PBS Dependent visa from 15/04/2017 as a dependent of my wife who was on Tier 2. Subsequently, when my wife switched to my dependent, he also switched to my dependent. So, my son's currently leave to remain as PBS dependent was granted on 21/04/2015 and expires on the 28/09/2017.
Now, here are my queries/questions which I am hoping you guys help with:
  • Although, I have now switched to ILR from Tier 2, my Tier 2 Dependents (wife and son) are still allowed to continue and get an extension as my PBS Dependent? Also, is this the best approach as switching them to FLR(M) - Dependent of a Settled person will reset their clock back to 0?
  • When I tried to fill in their application for PBS Dependent in-country extension, I had to do it online. Is there a paper form or does it have to be done online?
  • What is the amount of IHS I should be paying?
  • When I actually tried to fill in the form online, I think I went through it OK. But, when coming to pay for the IHS fees, it asked if they were joining someone in the UK. Now, I get confused. It asked me what was my visa type and option was Tier 2 (General). When I selected that, it asked for when my visa expires, which was 31/08/2018. When I put this date, the IHS calculated is only uptil this date. This seems lower than they need to pay and will likely causes issues resulting in their application being held or rejected.
  • When I tried putting in the expiry date of the ILR, it over calculated and now asks to pay £1500 for each application, a total of £3000. I don't fancy paying this at the moment and waiting for a refund. I wanted to know if its OK for me to go to the IHS site directly, put in their information saying that they are applying for a PBS Dependent upto 3 years, pay for that and get the IHS number and just use that for the application rather than using the link from the application. I would also need to refrain from putting my details into the IHS system and allow it to calculate based on their information. I am expecting the system to then come up with the right number, £600 each, a total of £1200. My understanding is that the IHS is to do with the right amount, and as long as I pay that and explain it on a cover letter that I send in with the application, we should be OK. Any suggestions?
  • I also wanted to use the priority service to get this done in 10 days. I looked at the site but couldn't figure out if I needed to pay extra for this? Could you please advise.
  • Also, the priority service says first 60 emails after 8.30am received are accepted. Does anyone have experience on the actual timing. Meaning, should I send the email out at exactly 8.30.00 am or send it out at 8.31am?
  • Also the list of documents I am planning to submit are:
    • My current Bank Statements showing my salary coming in and £1260 minimum balance for last 90 days
    • My saving Bank Statements showing our savings and £1260 minimum balance for last 90 days
    • Electricity Bill
    • Gas Bill
    • Council Tax Bill
    • Birth Certificate for my Son
    • Marriage Certificate for my wife and me
    • My passport copy
    • My current and previous BMRP Copies
    • House purchase document
    • Covering letter from me
    • My Payslips for last 3 months
    • My wifes Payslips for last 3 months
    • My wifes Bank Statement for last 3 months
  • Please let me know if anything else is missing
I know I have asked many questions and would like to thank you guys upfront for looking at it and spending your valuable time answering it. I am very grateful for all the help and support.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependent Query

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Although, I have now switched to ILR from Tier 2, my Tier 2 Dependents (wife and son) are still allowed to continue and get an extension as my PBS Dependent? Also, is this the best approach as switching them to FLR(M) - Dependent of a Settled person will reset their clock back to 0?
They can continue on PBS dependent. FLR(M) will reset the clock to zero but ONLY for ILR based on 5 years residence and NOT for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
When I tried to fill in their application for PBS Dependent in-country extension, I had to do it online. Is there a paper form or does it have to be done online?
There is only an online form.
What is the amount of IHS I should be paying?
£1,200 in total. £600 for each dependent.
When I actually tried to fill in the form online, I think I went through it OK. But, when coming to pay for the IHS fees, it asked if they were joining someone in the UK. Now, I get confused. It asked me what was my visa type and option was Tier 2 (General). When I selected that, it asked for when my visa expires, which was 31/08/2018. When I put this date, the IHS calculated is only uptil this date. This seems lower than they need to pay and will likely causes issues resulting in their application being held or rejected.
When I tried putting in the expiry date of the ILR, it over calculated and now asks to pay £1500 for each application, a total of £3000. I don't fancy paying this at the moment and waiting for a refund. I wanted to know if its OK for me to go to the IHS site directly, put in their information saying that they are applying for a PBS Dependent upto 3 years, pay for that and get the IHS number and just use that for the application rather than using the link from the application. I would also need to refrain from putting my details into the IHS system and allow it to calculate based on their information. I am expecting the system to then come up with the right number, £600 each, a total of £1200. My understanding is that the IHS is to do with the right amount, and as long as I pay that and explain it on a cover letter that I send in with the application, we should be OK. Any suggestions?
They must apply ALONE. Any excess IHS you pay will be refunded.
I also wanted to use the priority service to get this done in 10 days. I looked at the site but couldn't figure out if I needed to pay extra for this? Could you please advise.
Yes it is extra.
Also, the priority service says first 60 emails after 8.30am received are accepted. Does anyone have experience on the actual timing. Meaning, should I send the email out at exactly 8.30.00 am or send it out at 8.31am?
You might be confusing the request to UPGRADE to premium or priority.
Also the list of documents I am planning to submit are:
My current Bank Statements showing my salary coming in and £1260 minimum balance for last 90 days
My saving Bank Statements showing our savings and £1260 minimum balance for last 90 days
Electricity Bill
Gas Bill
Council Tax Bill
Birth Certificate for my Son
Marriage Certificate for my wife and me
My passport copy
My current and previous BMRP Copies
House purchase document
Covering letter from me
My Payslips for last 3 months
My wifes Payslips for last 3 months
My wifes Bank Statement for last 3 months
Please let me know if anything else is missing
Wife and child passport?? Does your cohabitation documentation cover the last 2 years?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 am

Although, I have now switched to ILR from Tier 2, my Tier 2 Dependents (wife and son) are still allowed to continue and get an extension as my PBS Dependent? Also, is this the best approach as switching them to FLR(M) - Dependent of a Settled person will reset their clock back to 0?
They can continue on PBS dependent. FLR(M) will reset the clock to zero but ONLY for ILR based on 5 years residence and NOT for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
When I tried to fill in their application for PBS Dependent in-country extension, I had to do it online. Is there a paper form or does it have to be done online?
There is only an online form.
What is the amount of IHS I should be paying?
£1,200 in total. £600 for each dependent.
When I actually tried to fill in the form online, I think I went through it OK. But, when coming to pay for the IHS fees, it asked if they were joining someone in the UK. Now, I get confused. It asked me what was my visa type and option was Tier 2 (General). When I selected that, it asked for when my visa expires, which was 31/08/2018. When I put this date, the IHS calculated is only uptil this date. This seems lower than they need to pay and will likely causes issues resulting in their application being held or rejected.
When I tried putting in the expiry date of the ILR, it over calculated and now asks to pay £1500 for each application, a total of £3000. I don't fancy paying this at the moment and waiting for a refund. I wanted to know if its OK for me to go to the IHS site directly, put in their information saying that they are applying for a PBS Dependent upto 3 years, pay for that and get the IHS number and just use that for the application rather than using the link from the application. I would also need to refrain from putting my details into the IHS system and allow it to calculate based on their information. I am expecting the system to then come up with the right number, £600 each, a total of £1200. My understanding is that the IHS is to do with the right amount, and as long as I pay that and explain it on a cover letter that I send in with the application, we should be OK. Any suggestions?
CR001 wrote:They must apply ALONE. Any excess IHS you pay will be refunded.
They are applying alone. Can I just pay for their IHS with their details directly on the IHS site without putting in my deatils, get that IHS number and use that on the application? That is the only way I seem to be getting the correct IHS payment. If I put in my Tier 2 General details, as it would have expred in 2018, it assumes that they will only get an one year visa and charges them less.
I also wanted to use the priority service to get this done in 10 days. I looked at the site but couldn't figure out if I needed to pay extra for this? Could you please advise.
CR001 wrote:Yes it is extra.
Thanks.
Also, the priority service says first 60 emails after 8.30am received are accepted. Does anyone have experience on the actual timing. Meaning, should I send the email out at exactly 8.30.00 am or send it out at 8.31am?
You might be confusing the request to UPGRADE to premium or priority.
Also the list of documents I am planning to submit are:
My current Bank Statements showing my salary coming in and £1260 minimum balance for last 90 days
My saving Bank Statements showing our savings and £1260 minimum balance for last 90 days
Electricity Bill
Gas Bill
Council Tax Bill
Birth Certificate for my Son
Marriage Certificate for my wife and me
My passport copy
My current and previous BMRP Copies
House purchase document
Covering letter from me
My Payslips for last 3 months
My wifes Payslips for last 3 months
My wifes Bank Statement for last 3 months
Please let me know if anything else is missing
CR001 wrote:Wife and child passport?? Does your cohabitation documentation cover the last 2 years?
Yes, I will include all passports and BMRP cards. I did not see cohabitation document to be a requirement. I can provide Council Tax bills, Home purchase documents, bank statements and some bills which are in both my wife and my name. I was going to include only the latest ones but I suppose, I should include some old ones too. Is that right?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:23 am

You are required to provide evidence of subsisting marriage in the form of cohabitation documents either in joint names or individual names to the same address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Also, this is the real one I am worried about:

They are applying alone. Can I just pay for their IHS with their details directly on the IHS site without putting in my details, get that IHS number and use that on the application? That is the only way I seem to be getting the correct IHS payment. If I put in my Tier 2 General details, as it would have expired in 2018, it assumes that they will only get a one year visa and charges them less.

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:23 am
You are required to provide evidence of subsisting marriage in the form of cohabitation documents either in joint names or individual names to the same address.
Hi,

I am wondering if there are any guidelines surrounding the form of cohabitation documents?

For example, will joint bank statements for the past 3 years work?

If I am providing bank statements only in my wife's name for the past 3 years, should I also provide my bank statements for the past 3 years to prove cohabitation?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 am

Examples of what HO would usually expect to see are on another application form, so have a look at page 63/64 of the FLR(M) form for some ideas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Thanks.

Just another quick on. Does my wife need to meet any English Language Requirements if she is extending her Tier 2 Dependent Visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 am

kawshik84 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am
Thanks.

Just another quick on. Does my wife need to meet any English Language Requirements if she is extending her Tier 2 Dependent Visa?
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)