ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa No recourse info please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jamielee11
Newly Registered

spouse visa and disabled sponsor

Post by Jamielee11 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi I'm looking for some advice and hope you can help. I married my Palestine husband around 2 1/2 years ago. I was working for a year but didn't apply for visa as we wanted to wait. Now I had stopped working to become a carer for my father who is really ill, and have now claimed careers allowance and someone has told me we can apply and not need to meet the financial requirements. I also receive housing benefit so I don't have to pay any rent and also receive child benefit and child tax credits but it's not my husbands child. Will I be able to apply for my husbands visa on this sort of benefits and when can I apply? I have been in careers allowance for only one month and received 4 weekly payments? I also have 1 year payslips from my last employer? Would this help in any way? I just need to know if I can apply for his visa with only being in careers allowance for one month and what documents I need to provide the gov website is just confusing me. Will it go against me if I'm claiming housing benefit? Shall I work 16 hours too?

Jamielee11
Newly Registered

Spouse visa No recourse info please

Post by Jamielee11 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi could someone help me please me and my husband was about to apply for his leave to remain and I had to leave my job to care for my father. I receive careers allowance and child tax and child benefits and also housing benefits and council tax, the child I have is not my currents husbands child. Could we apply for his visa on these benefits? Housing benefit will not affect this will it? We have a 1 bedroom house that has two rooms and a bathroom and Spam. If someone could help me asap that would be great thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa No recourse info please

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:55 pm

You cannot use all the benefits towards the calculation as far as I understand.

What level of carers allowance are you getting?

immigration-for-family-members/calculat ... 05533.html

In terms of the 1 bed property, how many adults and children currently live there?

Where is your husband now as you keep saying 'leave to remain'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamielee11
Newly Registered

Post by Jamielee11 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:06 pm

CR001 wrote:You cannot use all the benefits towards the calculation as far as I understand.

What level of carers allowance are you getting?

immigration-for-family-members/calculat ... 05533.html

In terms of the 1 bed property, how many adults and children currently live there?

Where is your husband now as you keep saying 'leave to remain'?

Will housing benefit affect his application!? Or will I be ok to claim on the following benefits?
Hi I live in a one bedroom property and there is two adults and 1 child. And he is here with me now. I'm getting 62.70 a week and 64.00 a week child tax credits and 20.50 a week child benefits and then I get housing benefits which is £195 a week.

Jamielee11
Newly Registered

Post by Jamielee11 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:15 pm

We live in a one bedroom house with me my husband and child, the benefits I'm currently getting are stated as followed

Child benefit 20.50 a week
Child tax credits 64.00 a week
Careers allowance 62.70 a week
Housing benefits 195.00 a week
Council tax 15.42 a week

What I want to know is if I can apply when claiming these benefits none off the above will affect the decision? As I do have adequate housing and the money added up from the child benefit child tax and careers = 147.20 a week

And how long I need to wait before we can send this of?

Jamielee11
Newly Registered

Post by Jamielee11 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi is there anyone that can help me?

I've been married to my husband currently for over two years he is living with me in England. He came and seaked asylum. I was working full time as a carer and had to stop due to dad becoming ill and becoming his carer I'm now claiming careers allowance and understand I can apply for his visa on this?

I'm in current receipt of
Child benefit 20.50 a week
Child tax credits 64.00 a week
Carers allowance 62.70 a week
Housing benefit 195.00 a week
Council tax 15.42 a week

Please note the child is not my husbands.

Can I apply for his visa when I'm in receipt of these benefits will any of them affect the decision?

We live in a one bedroom property 2 adults 1 child.

Also when could we apply for his visa?

Also am I still able to work part time?

Thank you for your help if anyone is out there.