ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 continous period to apply for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Usamarazi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 continous period to apply for ILR

Post by Usamarazi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:19 pm

Hello guys, i have a question regarding continous period of emplyement on tier 2 to apply for ILR.
Accordi g to my underatanding it should be 5 years with no more than 60 days of gap between employement.
My question is I am a doctor on tier 2 visa dates of my visas are as follows
First visa: Dec 2013 - oct 2014
Second visa: oct 2014 to july 2015
Third visa: aug 2015 - 14 Aug 2017
Uptil now there is no gap. However my new job will start in Oct 2017 and it will make more than 60 days of unemplyement as my last job finished on 2nd Aug. But my new employer is same (i.e Health education england) amd already granted me visa. My my job will not start untill 4th Oct.
My question is, will it effect my continous period when I will apply for ILR next year?
I have valid tier 2 visa but unemployed for more than 60 days.
The only other thing to mention is during this time period I am still doing extra work in other hospitals to meet my expenses.
Any help will be mich appreciated. Thanks

firecube
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 continous period to apply for ILR

Post by firecube » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:56 am

I believe the 60 days is from the last day of employment until the application date of your next successful tier 2 application. When did you apply for the 2nd visa?

So I think you are in the clear as long as your new start date is on a new visa / COS/BRP.. Anyone else want to confirm?