ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new born baby to a WP holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ma_siddiqui
Newly Registered

Post by ma_siddiqui » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi,
I am working in UK since last 3 years on a WP and my wife is a housewife with a Dependent Visa. We had a first baby last month. I need to know what should I do now to get a visa stamp on my babies Indian passport. I have searched the all the Bia websites and it does not give any answers, tried calling to almost every number for last two weeks but no information.

Please do help me and tell me in detail the kind of application form i will have to fill, charges and where do i go to get the stamp on my baby's passport and how do i get the appointment and how long does it take.
PPPllleeease help me....i woud be grateful.

MAS

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Congratulations! I am assuming that your baby was born in the U.K.

See also Section 4a - Children born in the United Kingdom who are not British Citizens and Annex P - General guidance.

If your baby is not traveling out of, and returning to, the UK, then you are not required to make an immigration application for him/her for leave to remain in the UK. You may include him/her as your dependant when you apply for an extension or for ILR.

Else, if the baby will be traveling before you can include him/her in your leave to remain application, then s/he may apply, using form FLR(O), with the appropriate fee. See also 14.7 - Children born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 but who are not British Citizens.

The baby is eligible to register as a British citizen as soon as you have been granted ILR.

See also Birth to five: 2007 edition and The Pregnancy Book 2007.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.